Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2020, 07:26 PM   #6961
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Why? that is the offer...he never signed it
But it sounds like the AAV is not the sticking point in the negotiation.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Old 09-18-2020, 07:31 PM   #6962
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
But it sounds like the AAV is not the sticking point in the negotiation.

Lets wait until there is an actual deal before calling things...besides he is not on the UFA market...if he gets there 8.5-9 could happen easily but only 7 years.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:31 PM   #6963
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Recent 31 thoughts podcast they mentioned how Piets may have been frustrated to see newcomers like Faullk and Schenn get deals relatively easily, while they are nickel and diming him. Which is completely understandable, and at this point Alex should see what else is out there. He can always come back (e.g. Stamkos).

That tweet sure makes it sound contentious, but we really don't know. STL has every right to hold firm on their line and let AP explore other options.
The Following User Says Thank You to powderjunkie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2020, 07:34 PM   #6964
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
Recent 31 thoughts podcast they mentioned how Piets may have been frustrated to see newcomers like Faullk and Schenn get deals relatively easily, while they are nickel and diming him. Which is completely understandable, and at this point Alex should see what else is out there. He can always come back (e.g. Stamkos).

That tweet sure makes it sound contentious, but we really don't know. STL has every right to hold firm on their line and let AP explore other options.
they have the right but it isn't a smart move IMO...you lose him and end up spending almost as much on an inferior player to replace him
Old 09-18-2020, 07:48 PM   #6965
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post

When Faulk and Schenn signed deals they weren't possibly looking at a season without gate revenue either. If Petro can't see that difference, he's not very smart and taking it way too personally.
The Following User Says Thank You to Crown Royal For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2020, 07:53 PM   #6966
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

I could see the Canucks going hard for Pietrangelo. Him and Hughes for 4-5 years would be quite the combo.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2020, 07:56 PM   #6967
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon View Post
I could see the Canucks going hard for Pietrangelo. Him and Hughes for 4-5 years would be quite the combo.
I don't see how they could make it work. The Canucks are already chafing at the cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2020, 07:56 PM   #6968
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
When Faulk and Schenn signed deals they weren't possibly looking at a season without gate revenue either. If Petro can't see that difference, he's not very smart and taking it way too personally.
I’m sure he sees the difference, but he’s in a position to make $60M, so it’s not his job to care about the Blues.

He won them a championship, he doesn’t owe the team anything.

Pay him or don’t. Someone will.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenLantern2814 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2020, 07:57 PM   #6969
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
With what cap space exactly?
Old 09-18-2020, 08:03 PM   #6970
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic_Sniper View Post
Depends on how Flames management view Lindholm. If they like him up the middle, then the 4 centers up the middle would be Lindholm-Backlund-Bennett-Ryan.

Too bad Treliving and co missed their chance on Ryan O’Reilly. That package from St Louis to Buffalo was an absolute joke. The Flames could’ve easily made a better offer and this organization would finally have their elite Selke winning #1 center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let’s not forget the 7.5 million dollar bonus owed to O’Rielly that St. Louis picked up as part of that deal. I suspect your criticism should be directed at Flames ownership, not Treliving. I find it hard to believe Treliving wouldn’t have pursued the player. He basically checked all the boxes from a Flames standpoint.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:08 PM   #6971
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
I don't even know what to say to this, you seem quite delusional.
And I'd say you're the delusional one if you think both Gaudreau and Monahan will both be back next season. How does a $5.35M number 3 center make sense for this team with a flat cap anyway? You're also suggesting Treliving go into next season with 3 brand new lines that have never been seen before and somehow expecting it'll all work because that's where they're ideally slotted. This isn't a video game.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:10 PM   #6972
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOfan View Post
Let’s not forget the 7.5 million dollar bonus owed to O’Rielly that St. Louis picked up as part of that deal. I suspect your criticism should be directed at Flames ownership, not Treliving. I find it hard to believe Treliving wouldn’t have pursued the player. He basically checked all the boxes from a Flames standpoint.
At the time I thought Backlund, Bennett and a pick for ROR and Reinhart might be doable. Reinhart at the time was still seen as a semi-bust (like Bennett). ROR was seen as a bad contract (hah).
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2020, 08:11 PM   #6973
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Open the vault for Pietrangelo(sp.)

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2020, 08:11 PM   #6974
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
And I'd say you're the delusional one if you think both Gaudreau and Monahan will both be back next season. How does a $5.35M number 3 center make sense for this team with a flat cap anyway? You're also suggesting Treliving go into next season with 3 brand new lines that have never been seen before and somehow expecting it'll all work because that's where they're ideally slotted. This isn't a video game.
I would be willing to bet both Gaudreau and Monahan will be Flames come the start of next season.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2020, 08:12 PM   #6975
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
At the time I thought Backlund, Bennett and a pick for ROR and Reinhart might be doable. Reinhart at the time was still seen as a semi-bust (like Bennett). ROR was seen as a bad contract (hah).
I was hoping the Flames would have acquired him at the time as well.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:13 PM   #6976
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOfan View Post
Well during that time period, the Flames were too busy signing James Neal/Derek Ryan and a week prior, Treliving had just completed a trade for Lindholm and Hanifin.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:13 PM   #6977
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
I don't see how they could make it work. The Canucks are already chafing at the cap.

GMs have made worse situations work. Not saying it's a sure thing at all, nor is anything in free agency
Old 09-18-2020, 08:14 PM   #6978
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Its easy for us to say this guy and that guy are equivalent for the Flames but Buffalo obviously liked something about the Blues Package (giggity)

I'm sure a lot of teams wish the got ROR now...lets not forget he wasn't the player his is now at the time of the trade
Old 09-18-2020, 08:15 PM   #6979
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
GMs have made worse situations work. Not saying it's a sure thing at all, nor is anything in free agency
Canucks have some MASSIVE contracts coming up...they can't sign a 8x7 deal with a no trade to a UFA
Old 09-18-2020, 08:21 PM   #6980
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
It's not like the combos I've suggested have never played together.

Gaudreau and Monahan have had a ton of success together that you are writing off over 1 poor season.

Tkachuk and Lindholm play together on the PP and Lindholm and Mangiapane played together a little when Tkachuk was injured in the playoffs.

Bennett and Backlund have played together on many occasions. Dube has played with Bennett and had success, Mangiapane has played with Backlund, witch success.

You're right this isn't a video game, yet here you are trying to slot in Lindholm who has never played a full season in the NHL at center as the teams #1 center because you think he will be an upgrade to the guy of the same age with 7 years at center and has outscored him by almost 100 points in their careers.

I love Lindholm, but dropping him in as the #1C and expecting success is nothing short of delusional.
The Following User Says Thank You to Crown Royal For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread