Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 08:33 PM   #101
DynamRyan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post

"How's that for a slice of fried gold?!"
Old 03-06-2015, 08:37 PM   #102
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Yet, oddly, 2-6 in the first game of a back-to-back (and both the wins were in the shootout, and they went on to win the next night after travelling).

This team just can't do anything that makes sense.
We win when we should lose and lose when we should win.

This team is just bizarre.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:37 PM   #103
Where ru Chris O'Sullivan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Great game and yet another important win!

Cant say enough about Monahan, CP should be asking members who wanted other players picked in his spot, to publish an apology or be banned outright.

Hiller looked nervous, love that he's reignited a tandem, but don't see how you don't return to Ramo next game.

Backlund played good, but it was likely the challenge Hartley sent last night by having the Trainer and Hotdog vendor ahead of him on the shootout.
The Following User Says Thank You to Where ru Chris O'Sullivan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2015, 08:37 PM   #104
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudfather View Post
Agreed - he is playing better with more ice time.
Best part is Englland and the other d men have accepted the challenge and are on a mission to prove the hockey writers wrong. It will be a nice "I told you so moment" when this team makes the playoffs
Old 03-06-2015, 08:38 PM   #105
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetch View Post
TLR - Flames win Edm sucks

So I've had my first experience with a delusional Oilers fan tonight.

I am up here in Edmonton working for the next few days and decided to take on Edmonton fine dining (BP's) during an Oilers game night for the first time. I walk in with my Flames hat on and sit at the bar.

Two seats down is a half cut (it's 5:30) Oiler fan. We start watching the game with me just keeping to myself. He starts talking trash to the bartender about how bad the Flames are and how they are just a fluke. Detroit scores their goals and I almost mistook him for a closet Red Wing fan for how loud he cheered.

Meanwhile I just sit back and drink my beer and eat my ribs knowing it's all good. By the 3rd Flames goal I just look over at the guy and the look on his face was priceless. Just a dumbfounded look of wtf he couldn't even stay in the bar anymore. The guy immediately asks for his tab and leaves in a huff.

Not sure if this post contributed anything, but I did love the feeling of sticking it to oiler fans even when we didn't play each other

Welcome to the club!
Old 03-06-2015, 08:40 PM   #106
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Uhh, Dion, copy-pasting the entire numerology story off the Flames website as an image is as much a copyright violation as posting an entire news article would be.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2015, 08:41 PM   #107
Obsidian
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

This team is fulfilling my dreams as a fan. Despite not having a captain, despite having a collection of d-men with no resume to suggest they can impact an NHL team in any way (with the exception of Wideman), and a bunch of kids, led by a guy who was rejected by the Red Wings after being buried on their third line for years.

####ing awesome. Impossible not to love the story. I don't even begin to understand the hate. This is something that must be admired and enjoyed, not picked apart. You might as well walk out in front of a bus if you can't enjoy these sorts of things.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:42 PM   #108
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Uhh, Dion, copy-pasting the entire numerology story off the Flames website as an image is as much a copyright violation as posting an entire news article would be.
Could/should probably just link to it, but at least he includes the author's name.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:42 PM   #109
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

My second night in a row up past 3 am and the Flames have made it all worthwhile.

Monahan's goal couldn't have come at a better time and acouldn't have been better executed. When that went in, you knew we had a chance.

But 5-2? Wow!
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnet Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2015, 08:42 PM   #110
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Solid, quiet night for Schlemko. +2 in 13:35 of ice time.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:42 PM   #111
drewtastic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxbuster View Post
(Wish I were in YYC to get to a few games, but I won't be there until right before the end of the season.)

So, for playoffs then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2015, 08:43 PM   #112
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

I wanna see a Star Trek victory gif from Bingo!

I know you're being cautious like a lot of us were for a long time. I know you were looking at the hard facts, like a lot of us for a long time.

I know you do your best to be semi-neutral as a reporter.

But the party is here, the drive is here. It's fun. Time to let out a Mahar 'Yeah Baby!'

Join us... it's fun. What may come, it's still fun.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:43 PM   #113
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Strong second half of the game by the team. Thought they were losing Detroit players in the Flames zone leading to scoring chances in the first half of the game. After the Stajan goal, I thought they really tightened things up, especially in the third.

Have been wanting more from Backlund over the last little while and felt he really brought it tonight.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:43 PM   #114
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

So how about Backlund's game tonight? Seriously one of my favorite flames for a long while now. The moment he resigns this offseason I'm finally getting my Backs jersey.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
The Following User Says Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2015, 08:45 PM   #115
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Old 03-06-2015, 08:46 PM   #116
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where ru Chris O'Sullivan View Post

Hiller looked nervous, love that he's reignited a tandem, but don't see how you don't return to Ramo next game.
Hiller looked nervous - for the first 15 minutes. After that he looked totally in control of his game. He watched his teammates suck it up and he did the same. Good on him! Tough to be out for a bunch of games and come in for one.....you'd expect him to be a bit .... off ... at first. And he was. Made up for it in the last 45 minutes in spades.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taxbuster For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2015, 08:46 PM   #117
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Strong second half of the game by the team. Thought they were losing Detroit players in the Flames zone leading to scoring chances in the first half of the game. After the Stajan goal, I thought they really tightened things up, especially in the third.

Have been wanting more from Backlund over the last little while and felt he really brought it tonight.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:46 PM   #118
drewtastic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to drewtastic For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2015, 08:47 PM   #119
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
So how about Backlund's game tonight? Seriously one of my favorite flames for a long while now. The moment he resigns this offseason I'm finally getting my Backs jersey.
Backlund will never be a star, but he's quickly becoming a two way guy like Yelle. Less grit, more positioning, better offensive upside.

He's a huge part of this team right now. Still worried about the constant injuries, but when healthy a massive part of this game plan.
The Following User Says Thank You to Daradon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2015, 08:50 PM   #120
CgyFlamesftw
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
LOL for S&G's I went to HF Canucks and surprisingly that thread where you plucked that Canucks fan comment they are talking about how Horvat is better or going to be better than Monahan. What's next are they going to campaign for Burrows to get in the hockey HOF? Just when you thought Canucks fans couldn't more foolish.
Hahahaha not even close. Monahan is looking like the best player in the draft, I'll take a toews lite any day of the week.
The Following User Says Thank You to CgyFlamesftw For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread