Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-28-2016, 01:45 PM   #21
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by secol View Post
I was looking at the Lifemark in Gulf since that is closer to where I work. In the end I went with a physio in the NW since I have the flexibility of going during weekends

I'll be creating my own program based on various blogs and videos of people in similar situations at similar timelines, and supplement that with the physio while maintaining my increased collagen intake. Unfortunately, despite being the same injury. By going non-surgical, it appears that AHS will not cover any physio so I will have to go through private (really think this is a flaw in the system since it's the same injury and physio is required in both cases)
AHS still covers 7 visits. If you're therapist is saying otherwise tell them to check the codebook under orthopedic other.

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheSutterDynasty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2016, 12:24 PM   #22
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I am meeting my Orthopaedic Surgeon on April 6th which will be 14 days since the injury occurred which worries me only because I am getting the impression that surgery is best done sooner rather than later.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:43 PM   #23
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Ok I'll give it a shot thanks. Looked it up and it seems like it wouldn't be.

http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/w...t-covered.html
secol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 03:11 PM   #24
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post
AHS still covers 7 visits. If you're therapist is saying otherwise tell them to check the codebook under orthopedic other.
My man, thank you!! Was going to have to try to space out visits to make sure I don't run out, now I can try to go once a week
secol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:05 PM   #25
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kind of a weird reason to resurrect thread. First, I hope the OP is all good now. I also play a ton of basketball and have had an achilles twinge or two. -- So I've always really liked The Professor, an And 1 street baller who has created Youtube content for years and traveled the world playing ball. We used to make fun of him a lot but over he years I've really come to appreciate his game.

On Aug 1 he posted a video of him tearing his achilles in a pick up game. I assumed it had just happened as he posts new videos on Youtube all the time.

But it actually happened in April 2019. And today the "reveal" video got posted and it's pretty cool. It would be fascinating if you've had the injury to watch the process. I can't believe he's back to playing the same way as before the injury.

OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:36 PM   #26
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Its funny sometimes when these threads get bumped i read half a page or more before realizing it was started a while ago
Samonadreau is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Samonadreau For This Useful Post:
FFR
Old 08-11-2020, 11:14 PM   #27
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
Its funny sometimes when these threads get bumped i read half a page or more before realizing it was started a while ago
You were about to tell him to chill out because we're in a pandemic, eh?