Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-12-2020, 01:05 PM   #4381
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
Do you have New Era on mute? Because he has posted the toxicology report twice now.
Calm yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Lethal does of Fentanyl is 2 milligrams, depending on built up tolerance. Floyd has 11 nanograms in his system, or .00055 of a lethal dose.
I don't know what a lethal dose is. Thanks for answering the question.
Old 08-12-2020, 01:08 PM   #4382
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
Calm yourself.

I don't know what a lethal dose is. Thanks for answering the question.
Just asking, as you seem to be selectively ignoring information that doesn't fit your rather contrary viewpoint.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2020, 01:11 PM   #4383
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Look, the cop is a piece of ####, and should be in prison. But the cops were polite and trying their best with the guy Flloyd *at the start*. He was clearly high AF and already complaining about breathing problems before he was on the ground. That's all the lawyer for this guy needs to make sure he won't be convicted of 2nd degree murder. He was careless in his actions as a cop and his ####ty training and terrible judgement led to the death of a man who was maybe guilty of using counterfeit cash, being high and driving, and resisting arrest. Those aren't crimes cops can kill people over, but good luck proving the intent. That's insane.
The facts seem to show otherwise. But you keep repeating it. Why? Because that's how you interpreted the video? Or did you hear it elsewhere and someone else convinced you of these "facts"?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2020, 01:15 PM   #4384
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Lethal does of Fentanyl is 2 milligrams, depending on built up tolerance. Floyd has 11 nanograms in his system, or .00055 of a lethal dose.
According to this study, a lethal dose can be much lower:

http://uthscsa.edu/artt/AddictionJC/...-11-Sutter.pdf

Quote:
Reported postmortem serum concentrations of patients who have died from fentanyl overdoses range from 5–120 ng/mL (mean = 36 ng/mL).
Old 08-12-2020, 01:19 PM   #4385
Magnum PEI
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Just going by this video. Cites two studies saying 10 ng/mL and 18 ng/mL is the average lethal blood level.

You also omitted the morphine found in his urine from your post.
The Following User Says Thank You to Magnum PEI For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2020, 01:41 PM   #4386
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
The facts seem to show otherwise. But you keep repeating it. Why? Because that's how you interpreted the video? Or did you hear it elsewhere and someone else convinced you of these "facts"?
The people who called the police on him said he was acting out of control. So. You know, there's that.

And the fentanyl ...
Old 08-12-2020, 01:45 PM   #4387
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

That video was really informative and puts it more in context.

I think this is going to be a really complicated trial for both sides. Unfortunately, the more complicated and the more moving parts there are, the harder it's going to be for a jury.

I suppose the information relating to the concentration of drugs put into the context of Floyd's body mass and other factors is going to be under wraps until the trial, so we can't really assume that they played a factor based on current information available.
Old 08-12-2020, 01:58 PM   #4388
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The people who called the police on him said he was acting out of control. So. You know, there's that.

And the fentanyl ...
OK, well that must mean he was high.

Your initial post was that your personal viewing of the video made it clear he was high. My viewing made it pretty clear he was having a panic attack. I still don't see how you can watch that and come to the conclusion you did. Or maybe you've been privileged enough to never see anyone have a panic attack or experience it yourself and the only logical conclusion you can come to is it must be drugs if someone is acting out of the ordinary. And if that is the case, why not take it as a learning opportunity, rather than hammering the point that he was high in every post you make?
Old 08-12-2020, 02:03 PM   #4389
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum PEI View Post

Just going by this video. Cites two studies saying 10 ng/mL and 18 ng/mL is the average lethal blood level.

You also omitted the morphine found in his urine from your post.
My information is taken from toxicology laboratories who do these analysis. The morphine in the urine (86 ng) is well below the 2000 ng to fail a simple drug test, meaning it's irrelevant and only trace amounts.

The video is interesting, but he is making a lot of assumptions, like the drug that Floyd was on (speed ball or goof ball) instead of looking at the actual results of the autopsy and tox report. The "studies", well he also discusses the weaknesses of those studies and that they are not consistent in findings or even methodology. The doctor even admits the lab numbers were in tolerable ranges and were unlikely to contribute to the death of Floyd. As he stated, the baseline numbers from the lab report cannot be viewed in a vacuum, and you must look at the body of the individual (Floyd was a large man in good shape but with underlying medical conditions he likely was unaware of). This guy is looking for all sorts of reasons for Floyd's death instead if look at the video where the guy clearly says "I can't breathe" multiple times, and the 200 pound police officer continues to keep a knee on his upper back and neck.
Old 08-12-2020, 02:09 PM   #4390
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

I've been reading this thread off and on the past little while.

Its hot, and I'm being easily distracted... why is George Floyd's toxology report relevant to a police officer kneeling on his neck for almost 9 minutes killing him?

Like, it might be... but... why?

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2020, 02:13 PM   #4391
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
Its hot, and I'm being easily distracted... why is George Floyd's toxology report relevant to a police officer kneeling on his neck for almost 9 minutes killing him?

Regardless of what the levels of various substances in his system are proved to be, it seems like the only relevance would be in support of the "excited delerium" theory - that is, that he had to be restrained in the manner he was due to his exhibiting that condition. While proposed by one of the officers (who I assume is not a medical expert), that theory does not seem credible in light of the video and expert explanations of the signs of that condition:

Quote:
All the experts I spoke to see no evidence of excited delirium in Floyd’s case. In the video of his death, Melinek pointed out, you can clearly see that he is not sweating excessively, nor is he dressed inappropriately. He communicates clearly with officers and bystanders and is coherent even as he is pleading for his life. But the fact that one of the officers at the scene suggested this diagnosis, and that legal scholars believe it will come up in Chauvin’s defense, demonstrates how medical analysis can be used in cases like this. And how disagreement among forensic pathologists about how to describe the evidence in a case can muddy the legal waters.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-as-they-seem/

All of that bears the caveat that the people contacted by the author of that piece are not the actual trial experts that will be called and heard, and they by necessity have to try to draw conclusions from a video. Nonetheless, based on the information that appears to be available, it doesn't seem like any of this should make a difference to the strength of Chauvin's defense.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 08-12-2020 at 02:15 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2020, 02:39 PM   #4392
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Regardless of what the levels of various substances in his system are proved to be, it seems like the only relevance would be in support of the "excited delerium" theory - that is, that he had to be restrained in the manner he was due to his exhibiting that condition.
Going by the video posted, I think it is also implied that the defense might argue that the drugs in his system played a role in the ability of his body to collect and distribute oxygen. Something the guy in the video doesn't believe is the case, but you just know the defense is going to try that argument.
Old 08-12-2020, 02:41 PM   #4393
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I don't care how doped up a person may be these cops showed a total disregard for human life.
Old 08-12-2020, 02:53 PM   #4394
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
why is George Floyd's toxology report relevant to a police officer kneeling on his neck for almost 9 minutes killing him?
It really isn't. Some (well, one) have suggested that he was high and that contributed to his death. Just bringing the facts to the table and trying to point out that based on autopsy findings, he would have passed an employment drug screening and a sobriety test.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2020, 03:04 PM   #4395
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
No comments about the posted video that just came out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
I wouldn't say discussed 1 person discussed it. More people are interested in the pickup truck incident. You know not a video of what happened and the reason for the thread. Thats because its uncomfortable to watch the video of george floyd and what lead to his death. Protests and violence that go with it is like watching reality t.v and people want to see that because its often messy . I get sucked into it to so I unserstand. I personally get grounded back to the topic of the main root of these protests when these more relivant news articles are put out . Thankfully there are still media outlets that are focused on the root of the issue and not just the sensational parts of the story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeburger View Post
This bodycam video has been out for a week and barely a peep in this thread that is supposedly devoted to discussion about that incident. Not much discussion at all. Perhaps it's because the video provides context about what happened that day. Context that goes against the established narrative that George Floyd died due to a racist police lynching.

America is falling apart at the seams due this narrative that was spun with an incomplete picture of what happened that day.

But anyways onto more pressing matters like Ben Shapiro getting pranked.

Quote:
Ok. Good, we're in agreement. Where in this thread is there anyone suggesting he shouldn't be going to prison? I'll wait.
Dude don't play dumb. Several people tried to inflame the conversation with posts implying this new video changes the narrative and then when literally everyone else can agree that it in fact does not change things you start getting defensive and asking why we are even talking about this???

Really?

Really???
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:58 PM   #4396
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
Dude don't play dumb. Several people tried to inflame the conversation with posts implying this new video changes the narrative and then when literally everyone else can agree that it in fact does not change things you start getting defensive and asking why we are even talking about this???

Really?

Really???
Lol. Exactly. It's very selective blindness.
Old 08-16-2020, 06:16 AM   #4397
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post

Really?

Really???
I wasn't trying to say it changes the narrative. I think it enforced that the cops were out ofvline every step of the way especially since the first thing we see is that officer point a gun at his head point blank. They were called because of a fake $20 dollar bill not for anything violent. You think if he was white that's the fist thing they do over a suspected fake 20 dollar bill?
I think you miss understood what I was saying if you think I was on the side of the police. I've always believed that while the police can do good work in the community they are often a an opressive legalized gang that keep the status qou intact for the rich and elite. They have always had a double standard to the poorer classes of communities especially if your a minority. You would never see any of these atrocious acts in better of communities because they know they might be interacting with someone who has alot of power or is connected to someone who has great influence that could do something that would get the cops in trouble.

The history of of modern policing supports that they were origanally designed and still operated to " to keep social order so commerce can proceed" . Ironically, this is true in this story. It all started with money.

If you actually research into the history of policing is is fascinating. Beleive it or not it's always been something I've studied because I have always felt the police have failed the public in many ways. When you start really digging into the history that it's always been a organization financially motivated and used for political influencers to keep their agenda.

Dr Gary potter has many great books regarding differnt aspects of policing.

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 08-16-2020 at 07:41 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to combustiblefuel For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2020, 12:35 PM   #4398
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I've been reading this thread off and on the past little while.

well if he was high then he isnt really like one on the squeaky clean law abiding black folks that deserve to be treated the same way as white folks, if he was high then its ok to kill him.
Old 08-16-2020, 06:36 PM   #4399
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Sorry if this has been posted already, but it’s a great explanation of Defund The Police (and also hilarious, because this guy is hilarious):
Old 08-17-2020, 05:58 PM   #4400
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeburger View Post
You assume that I think George Floyd deserved to die. Really gross assumption about me. I didn't say that nor was I in any way was condoning Chauvin putting his knee to his neck for 8 minutes.

How about you tell me what proof there is in that video or the kneeing video that it was racially motivated? I can't prove an absence of something. And Floyd simply being black and Chauvin simply being white isn't proof of racism by the way.
You clearly have no understanding of what people are fighting for.

Unarmed black men are killed by police at a far greater rate than their white contemporaries. No one is saying that this particular murder was racist in nature, but it is a clear example of a black man being murdered by police that shouldn't have been. It was the most recent example of far too many examples.

It's like trying to toss a match into a gas BBQ. First match doesn't light it, 2nd doesn't light it... 3rd doesn't... etc, but when one finally lights it, it goes poof.
Closed Thread