Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-08-2017, 01:48 PM   #1
ruddstud
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Need help: Bose subwoofer done??

Hi there, when it comes to AV things I'm useless. I have a 7 year old BOSE system and recently had the subwoofer make a strange noise that has not stopped. It continually makes a loud, deep, noise ever 3-4 seconds. There is no sound coming from it other that the strange noise... Anyone have an idea what the issue may be? Is there a place I can take it to have it fixed.
Thanks
ruddstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:08 PM   #2
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does it do that with the cable unplugged? First guess would be a short in the audio cable.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:17 AM   #3
ruddstud
Scoring Winger

Exp:

which cable? theres a ton of cables running to it... when i unplug the power it obviously stops making the noise... sucks without the subwoofer, everything sounds tinny
ruddstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:31 AM   #4
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh, is the sub one of those integrated units that is also the amplifier for all the little speakers?

I was suggesting unplugging the audio input cable. I'm not sure what yo can do in your case. I'd start by unplugging everything but the power, and see if it does it. If it keeps doing it, then it is something inside, and unless you want to pay for repairs, it is probably toast. If it doesn't, plug one thing in at a time until it does it. Then you can see if it is a bad cable, or speaker.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote