Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-05-2019, 07:43 AM   #1701
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Are they going to be in first person? I cant imagine rolling around in Mario and not puking immediately, or being tossed through the air by a guardian in Zelda

Also no head strap, you have to hold the switch up to your face and play with the joy-cons attached lol
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:45 AM   #1702
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Both will be third person. The Mario one could work out well. But I think Zelda will be hilarious for all the wrong reasons.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:42 PM   #1703
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Nintendo Switch update 8.0 came out today and finally a small update of value - they added the ability to sort your games by name, last played, play time, and publisher.

Sorting by play time is fun to see what game's you've played the most, my top 12:

Zelda BOTW
Mario Odyssey
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu
Rocket League
Mario x Rabbids
Olli Olli
Splatoon 2
Fifa 19
Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros
Sushi Striker
Mario Tennis Aces

Olli Olli is probably my biggest surprise in the top 12 but that game is damn addicting (especially since I played it on PS4 too).
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 02:01 PM   #1704
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Mario Maker 2 is looking like it will probably be one of my all time favorite games. They’re really going all out on this one and it looks fantastic! Already preordered and can’t wait for June 28. Also those game vouchers are a good deal — basically can save $13 off new release digital games if you commit to buying two at the same time. Can assume they will add Zelda and others games that get release dates announced at E3.

OutOfTheCube is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2019, 11:06 PM   #1705
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Wow. That looks fantastic. They added a ton of new features. I'm really looking forward to it!
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:59 AM   #1706
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's double nice because they could've just done a port of the Wii U one (Mario Maker Deluxe or whatever) with a few new features and called it a day, probably wouldn't have been too many complaints. But this is so much better.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:55 PM   #1707
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Nintendo Switch Thread

Sigh. I ended up insidd Hyrule Castle by chance and ended up fighting and defeating the last of the Ganon in BoTW. Kinda sucks that it doesn’t just let you go and explore after and complete some of the side missions - now that I have finished I don’t feel any motivation to even go back to it.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:02 PM   #1708
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Sigh. I ended up insidd Hyrule Castle by chance and ended up fighting and defeating the last of the Ganon in BoTW. Kinda sucks that it doesn’t just let you go and explore after and complete some of the side missions - now that I have finished I don’t feel any motivation to even go back to it.
What do you mean? You just go back into your save file and it starts up where you left off and you can finish everything.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 07:39 AM   #1709
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not really sure how you'd end up there by chance either. It's a pretty obvious location surrounded and filled with high level enemies.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:54 AM   #1710
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not really by accident. Just enjoying running around killing Guardians and collecting ancient parts, and made my way inside. Then started getting all of those cool weapons that were stashed in the castle and kept going on and on. I thought it would have a save point somewhere closer to where I met the last Ganon, so I could just keep all of the stuff I found and just walk out of the castle. I also didn't think the Fireblight and Calamity Ganons would be so easy to defeat.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:30 AM   #1711
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
I also didn't think the Fireblight and Calamity Ganons would be so easy to defeat.
None of the bosses in BotW are difficult, and that's largely by design. Given the huge range of gear and weapons you can have going into any given boss battle, they have to give a ton of leeway.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:36 AM   #1712
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
None of the bosses in BotW are difficult, and that's largely by design. Given the huge range of gear and weapons you can have going into any given boss battle, they have to give a ton of leeway.

I found the first two that you encounter to be difficult, in my case, Waterblight and Thunderblight. The divine beasts were acutally a more challenging to finish.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:56 PM   #1713
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
I found the first two that you encounter to be difficult, in my case, Waterblight and Thunderblight. The divine beasts were acutally a more challenging to finish.
Thunderblight was the last one I fought before Ganon - your results may vary! I did Waterblight first and yeah, it was hard, but I was still figuring out combat at that point too. I think if I had done it later I wouldn't have struggled nearly as much. Otherwise I never felt like I was getting my ass kicked by any of them. Waterblight was very forgiving to my mistakes and I feel I should have died many times over.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:30 PM   #1714
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it just me, or did the majority of people head to Zora’s Domain and defeat Waterblight Gabon first? That’s what I did too.

Purely anecdotal, but it seems like most people headed that way first and I’m not sure why.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:23 PM   #1715
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think you are kind of steered in that direction at first. Then after I guess you kind of wander off on your own and pick adventures to go on. I got in with all of the Gerudo set and ended up doing Thunderblight after. My son ended up doing the Wateright first and then got to the Fireblight guy.

I decided I wanted to uncover the whole map so I made it to all of the towers.

I have to say, the worst part of the game is uncovering Korok seeds. I wish there was a way to have disabled the whole “you found me!” bit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2019, 09:57 AM   #1716
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
Is it just me, or did the majority of people head to Zora’s Domain and defeat Waterblight Gabon first? That’s what I did too.

Purely anecdotal, but it seems like most people headed that way first and I’m not sure why.
Quote:
I think you are kind of steered in that direction at first. Then after I guess you kind of wander off on your own and pick adventures to go on.
Yes, the game does in fact lead you that way. The first thing you're told to do when leaving the plateau is to head to the mountains to the East. From the stable there you're pointed towards Kakariko and learn a bunch about the current state of the world. I imagine most players run into a Zora or Sidon shortly after which starts the whole chain to get to Zora's Domain. I don't believe any other area of the game has NPCs that kinda pop out of nowhere to tell you where to go.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2019, 10:05 AM   #1717
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
Yes, the game does in fact lead you that way. The first thing you're told to do when leaving the plateau is to head to the mountains to the East. From the stable there you're pointed towards Kakariko and learn a bunch about the current state of the world. I imagine most players run into a Zora or Sidon shortly after which starts the whole chain to get to Zora's Domain. I don't believe any other area of the game has NPCs that kinda pop out of nowhere to tell you where to go.
I guess I don't remember being prompted to head East, but I must have been nudged as you say. I do remember that first part of the game having a really neat feeling of discovery, with so much left to uncover. Meeting Prince Sidon "randomly" and uncovering the whole Zora area was fun.

I really enjoyed BOTW. My son loved watching me play (he was 5-6 during that first year it was out, but only liked watching vs. playing) and it was a really neat bonding activity, as weird as that sounds. I know that it hasn't been that long, but in a kid's life, it feels like forever ago that we finished it and I kind of miss working our way through that game together. He also has a photographic memory and an uncanny ability to remember where things were located, even if we had only encountered it once in a random spot months earlier. So he was quite helpful too.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:56 AM   #1718
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just playing through BOTW for the second time and it's amazing how many things I missed on the first play through. This time when it was directing me towards the zora I warped back to do the rito village beast first. Having the flying power off the start made a huge difference. So many times on the first playthrough I had to climb to get where I was going and it was raining or something would cause me to have to bail out on exploration. This time it's so much easier to traverse the map.

But anyway, what a great game!
Old 06-05-2019, 09:49 AM   #1719
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Nintendo direct announced a November 15 release date for the new Pokemon Sword/Shield and also announced a dual pack with both games. Somehow Walmart has this up for pre order and no other stores do so as much as I hate Walmart pre orders I took a chance.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:05 PM   #1720
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Nintendo direct announced a November 15 release date for the new Pokemon Sword/Shield and also announced a dual pack with both games. Somehow Walmart has this up for pre order and no other stores do so as much as I hate Walmart pre orders I took a chance.
Bestbuy will have a 30% off pre-order event for select E3 titles. Referenced Pokemon Sword and Shield specifically. I'm really not a fan of Walmart pre-order so this sounds better. From June 10-13.

http://bestbuy.ca/en-ca/event/e3/blt1fb27abab7a6ca3a
https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/06/05/b...pre-orders-e3/

Last edited by Flaming Choy; 06-05-2019 at 01:13 PM.
Flaming Choy is offline   Reply With Quote