Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2023, 06:59 PM   #1121
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Interesting article on wage increase requests / opportunities:
https://www.bitchesgetriches.com/emp...ow-to-be-lucky
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 02:20 PM   #1122
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, after 4 interviews with a company in the last two weeks I found out today that I came in second place to someone with just a bit more experience. Every interview went longer than expected which is always a good sign. It got so far that the EVP asked if I was free to come to their yearly retreat next week if an offer were to come.

The rational side of me thinks that getting this far in a tough job market is a great sign. The irrational side of me is gutted and thinks that's as good as it's going to get. After a Guinness the rational side of me is winning.

Next week I have first interviews with two more companies. Maybe one of them will work out who knows...

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2023, 02:25 PM   #1123
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thanks for the update - it’s tough being that close. That said use this as a networking opportunity and stay in touch periodically as you never know what else may come of it. By doing this myself I’ve ended up with positive outcomes months or even a year+ down the road.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 02:25 PM   #1124
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, I received an offer today. What a relief.

Do we have any employment lawyers on CP? Have a quick question that I'd like to ask them, which I would gladly pay for.

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2023, 09:30 PM   #1125
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
Well, I received an offer today. What a relief.

Do we have any employment lawyers on CP? Have a quick question that I'd like to ask them, which I would gladly pay for.
Congratulations!! There’s no better relief then getting off the job search roller coaster.
Old 12-15-2023, 10:20 AM   #1126
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I've had a couple of initial interviews this week which is a good thing, and I think they went ok, hopefully I hear back on next steps soon.

I'm still concerned about the lack of response, I'm wondering if one of you fine people would mind taking a look at my resume(s) and give me some feedback in case I'm missing something.

If any of you know of any roles in your network in recruiting, technical business development, or even technology and marketing analysis, I'd appreciate a leg up.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2024, 03:46 PM   #1127
Baron von Kriterium
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Good day, CalgaryPuck community. I'm not sure how to approach this, but I thought I'd start here.

I am medically releasing from the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) 18 Sep 24. My pension will be, shall I say, "ok" but it will still be a noticeable hit from my current salary. Therefore, my intent is to augment my pension.

As part of my transition to the civilian world, the CAF offers several programs - one of which is vocational rehab. For the next six months I can go back to school or work, assuming I can find someone to hire me. Now, here's the thing, the military pays me for the next six months, so my offer is to volunteer for a company with an aim of gaining some experience and a reference.

Fields I'm looking at are cybersecurity, technical writing and graphic design. I used to have extensive AutoCad experience (but that was AutoCad 2000) so I'm looking at that option as well. At any rate, I'd be looking for some refresher training.

So, if anyone has some leads on companies that would be willing to take on a (soon-to-be-ex) military dude pro bono, please drop me line.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Baron von Kriterium For This Useful Post: