Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2020, 02:49 PM   #81
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

When they make these sports documentaries they're usually supposed to be at least a little uplifting.

Spurs failed...and then they failed some more....still going....my God...will they ever stop?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:35 PM   #82
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brighton at least look like they will be able to stay up.
Kepa still sucks, and Loftus-Cheek is a most useless player - he should never dress. I think Werner looks like he will be very productive once they get the timing down.

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:59 PM   #83
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
Brighton at least look like they will be able to stay up.
Kepa still sucks, and Loftus-Cheek is a most useless player - he should never dress. I think Werner looks like he will be very productive once they get the timing down.
Screw you for getting Werner. Hes a great player.

He looked like he was 2-3 steps ahead of his entire team.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 09-14-2020, 04:25 PM   #84
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Screw you for getting Werner. Hes a great player.

He looked like he was 2-3 steps ahead of his entire team.
It definitely looked disjointed because Loftus-Cheek sucks, Havertz looked unsettled, and James is more of a defensive player, notwithstanding that strike. I think Werner playing off Giroux with Pulisic in there would be really interesting. They need to offload Barkley and Loftus-Cheek to Crystal Palace or some such destination for overhyped English players.

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:36 AM   #85
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tier 1s saying Bale to spurs is very close, and not in danger of being hijacked since bale is willing to take less and RM willing to pay a bit more salary in the loan deal because of the 'special relationship' aka we sell them our best players

Also a tier 1 off between romano and ornstein for where reguilon is going

Romano saying United, ornstein saying spurs
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:43 AM   #86
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1305923962296295429
Old 09-15-2020, 12:27 PM   #87
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fabrizio vs. Ornstein is better than most PL matchups. But based off what's been reported about what Madrid want Spurs are probably offering the buyback and United aren't.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:55 PM   #88
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Also a tier 1 off between romano and ornstein for where reguilon is going

Romano saying United, ornstein saying spurs
it's Spurs, obviously. Romano has had a nightmare summer when it comes to United ... he's a pawn in the agents' games, I get it. But my god, he's pretty much got everything wrong lol.

reports out of Spain say Spurs are going to pay 30m and then Real has a buyback for 35-40m ... so although I really would have liked Reguilon at United, I'm glad United pulled the plug on that. It really takes a very desperate club to agree to that ... enter Spurs. And they'll even take Bale off their hands too, incredible.

Grealish re-signing at Villa until 2025. Hope he's negotiated a good buyout clause, otherwise he'll turn into Zaha 2.0

Last edited by devo22; 09-15-2020 at 02:57 PM.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2020, 03:03 PM   #89
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Speaking of Palace, I'm only looking at the box score here, but Bournemouth and Palace in the Caribou Cup had their first 10 guys each score in the shootout, so both goalies came up next and missed, then Palace missed again in round 12. Sounds comical.
Old 09-15-2020, 03:09 PM   #90
J epworth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Know it’s just the Carabao cup, but pretty great day for Villa, Grealish signing new 5 year contract then scoring the winner, and Ollie Watkins scoring on his Villa debut!
J epworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 04:33 PM   #91
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1305952645337800704
Old 09-15-2020, 04:35 PM   #92
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
it's Spurs, obviously. Romano has had a nightmare summer when it comes to United ... he's a pawn in the agents' games, I get it. But my god, he's pretty much got everything wrong lol.

reports out of Spain say Spurs are going to pay 30m and then Real has a buyback for 35-40m ... so although I really would have liked Reguilon at United, I'm glad United pulled the plug on that. It really takes a very desperate club to agree to that ... enter Spurs. And they'll even take Bale off their hands too, incredible.

Grealish re-signing at Villa until 2025. Hope he's negotiated a good buyout clause, otherwise he'll turn into Zaha 2.0
I saw 50m for buy back, which I don't mind, and I bale is a huge win since madrid will be paying most of the salary

Reguilon was best lb in la Liga last year, and even if it's just a few years and they buy back, sessegnon is 4 years younger and likely his understudy

So it works out well for both clubs imo
Old 09-16-2020, 11:36 AM   #93
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Reguilon was at spurs today, should be announced tomorrow

Bales agent said this

"Gareth is closer to leaving Madrid than at any time in last 7 years. The deal is complicated, but there’s reason to believe a deal is close. And things could move very quickly if discussions continue to go well. Gareth has spoken to Jose and explained how Spurs have a special place in his heart."
Old 09-16-2020, 12:05 PM   #94
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Martinez moving on from Arsenal to Aston Villa. Sad to see him go, after he finally found a chance as the main goalie (after Leno's injury) and was amazing in the FA cup as well as the end of the season, but we needed cash. Kroenke is not going to open his wallet, so we have to make do with what we have.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to agulati For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2020, 12:12 PM   #95
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
I saw 50m for buy back, which I don't mind, and I bale is a huge win since madrid will be paying most of the salary

Reguilon was best lb in la Liga last year, and even if it's just a few years and they buy back, sessegnon is 4 years younger and likely his understudy

So it works out well for both clubs imo
Romano said 40m today. Either way, I don't really get it. It's basically a loan, but with the added pleasure of paying 30m for him during a pandemic. If he's a flop, you're stuck with him. If he does well, Real takes him away from you. Then you can take a moment and be happy about the 10m profit you've made - and then you can start looking for a new left back, who will obviously cost you more than the 10m you've made.

Don't get me wrong, he's probably a great addition for you guys on the pitch short-term. I like him a lot and wanted him at United, after all. But I don't know why you would agree to a deal like that, it gives all the power to Real and there are very few benefits for you long-term.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:43 PM   #96
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Romano said 40m today. Either way, I don't really get it. It's basically a loan, but with the added pleasure of paying 30m for him during a pandemic. If he's a flop, you're stuck with him. If he does well, Real takes him away from you. Then you can take a moment and be happy about the 10m profit you've made - and then you can start looking for a new left back, who will obviously cost you more than the 10m you've made.

Don't get me wrong, he's probably a great addition for you guys on the pitch short-term. I like him a lot and wanted him at United, after all. But I don't know why you would agree to a deal like that, it gives all the power to Real and there are very few benefits for you long-term.
I think that Spurs need to take some risks though. We have a few good players and they're either going to leave, or face a decline here in the coming years. If we keep him for a couple years with a shot at winning something, that is worth spending a few bucks.

Frankly, this and Bale happen (and both appear to be on at this point!), it's good timing. Jose probably hasn't totally lost the room yet, and we all know he has about a year before that takes place. If the other talks are true (still a CM and striker), we might actually have a good squad this season and can challenge in a couple competitions.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:46 PM   #97
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I think that Spurs need to take some risks though. We have a few good players and they're either going to leave, or face a decline here in the coming years. If we keep him for a couple years with a shot at winning something, that is worth spending a few bucks.

Frankly, this and Bale happen (and both appear to be on at this point!), it's good timing. Jose probably hasn't totally lost the room yet, and we all know he has about a year before that takes place. If the other talks are true (still a CM and striker), we might actually have a good squad this season and can challenge in a couple competitions.
Theres no point really. Your squad are all going to have issues travelling to the Former Soviet Block.

"All or Nothing 2: Even Less!"

Old 09-16-2020, 03:25 PM   #98
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1306342214746898441
Old 09-16-2020, 03:29 PM   #99
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

It's only if he wants to go back, he wanted to leave, and wants to play for Mourinho

Plus zidane for some reason just doesn't want to play him, he didn't when he was 15 and zizou was coaching castilla

Alistair Gold who is the closest tier 1 spurs reporter said they weren't planning to look at lb this window, but just saw the value

If he's great and wants to leave in 2 years then it sucks, but that would mean he's playing well

When he's basically half the price of chilwell, it's an incredible value, makes it worth it imo
Old 09-16-2020, 03:29 PM   #100
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post

Cb and striker

Dont see a cm