Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2024, 05:13 PM   #41
Kasi
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

All 3 Canadians made it into the finals. Not that I expect the two other than Hooper to place high but if they could finish in mid pack that would be good.
Kasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 08:09 PM   #42
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
It’s nice it’s 2024 and we’re following the most prestigious show of the year on talking live streams and spreadsheets.
Ya, pretty dumb. I think they rely too much on the TV contracts for revenue. The Rogue is the highest paying contest and they manage to livestream.

Quote:
All 3 Canadians made it into the finals. Not that I expect the two other than Hooper to place high but if they could finish in mid pack that would be good.
I don't think 3 Canadians have ever qualified. I remember Girard, Paulin, Filiou and Dolan were all really good in the 2000's but I don't think 3 of them ever made the final at the same time.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 08:56 PM   #43
Kasi
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yeah but the tv audience is huge for WSM way more then the numbers those shows stream for. So they’re protecting the tv nest egg and screwing streamers. Go look at the stream views for rogue or Arnold’s they’re not that much. So I can understand their decision even if I don’t like it.
Old 05-02-2024, 09:05 PM   #44
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah but the tv audience is huge for WSM way more then the numbers those shows stream for. So they’re protecting the tv nest egg and screwing streamers.
I get it but It's kinda ruined it a bit for me anyway. I end up watching the televised version but by then I know all of the results and have seen dozens of clips of the events on Youtube months before. You'd think they'd find a way to do live coverage or even broadcast on their website soon after the event. If the edited version was coming out in a week I'd avoid all spoilers. Right now they get $0 revenue from me but I'd pay $5 or $10 to stream. You could still have the full show at Christmas in the UK, those casual fans wouldn't be affected.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 09:24 PM   #45
Kasi
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

True I’ve made that argument myself but the runners of WSM are just very conservative in how they do things. I do wish they’d go back to the cool tropical or exotic places instead of just random us coastal town.
Old 05-04-2024, 10:24 AM   #46
Kasi
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Well Mitch might be done here. First event of the final had a frame carry and he tore up his hands with callouses breaking on it. Probably screws him for the keg toss plus he only got five points on the event. Will be very hard to come back from that.
Old 05-04-2024, 04:47 PM   #47
Kasi
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

He clawed his way back but didn’t make up any points on Tom. Still tying Tom on his best events is impressive. It’s going to be very hard for him to win this unless Tom slips because Tom is so good at stones. He’ll need to bank enough points on deadlift and Conan’s to stay in front on stones. Since Tom is 3 points in front that’s unlikely although possible.
Old 05-05-2024, 11:59 AM   #48
Kasi
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Alright it’s over now. Mitch got a point back on Conan’s wheel but needed to beat Tom on deadlift. He didn’t and now Tom has a big lead going into stones so unless Tom gets injured this comp is over. Mitch should finish second but yeah ripping his hands up probably hurt the deadlift and cost him five points on the first event.