Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2022, 01:31 PM   #21
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's honestly one of the main reasons why I would never have a pet, be it a dog, cat, or bird. It really does stink up the house IMO with a 'pet' odour that I can't stand if it was my house.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Yen Man For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 01:31 PM   #22
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post

Leave your dogs at home and if they can’t be at home unsupervised, then stay at home with them. You took on the responsibility and burden, not everyone else in society.
This is how I feel about some people and their kids.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 01:33 PM   #23
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I hate how people feel the need to take their dogs everywhere in public. I went to the Canada Day festivities at a local park yesterday and it was annoying how many families had dogs with them. First of all, it was already overcrowded without having to avoid stepping on dogs and having to make room for them. Secondly, I doubt the dogs really wanted to be there. Most of them looked stressed out with the crowds and noise, and some lost their #### when the fireworks started.

Leave your dogs at home and if they can’t be at home unsupervised, then stay at home with them. You took on the responsibility and burden, not everyone else in society.
The worst is places like stores, malls, etc. We are in Vegas right now and the number of people that bring their dogs with them is astounding. There were people that had the dogs in a stroller and would position the stroller in front of attractions so that they could get pictures of their dog at the Bellagio Conservatory or in front of the fountains. It is highly bizarre behavior in my opinion.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 01:36 PM   #24
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

I do get annoyed that some people have this attitude where if you don't enjoy being around their dog, there's something wrong with you. Not everyone's a dog lover. I'm firmly in that camp. I get that they can be loyal creatures, and see why some people love them, but I have like zero interest in them.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Yen Man For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 01:36 PM   #25
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Taking dogs into businesses is becoming more and more common as well. People dressing their dogs. Hanging signs from them to celebrate the owners personal achievements. Spending hours training them to do dumb ####.

They just want to play and be your companion, not be turned into your barbie/ken doll for insta.

If I had a dog I wouldn't subject it to such bs for attention.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 01:36 PM   #26
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Quote:
I hate how people feel the need to take their dogs everywhere in public. I went to the Canada Day festivities at a local park yesterday and it was annoying how many families had dogs with them. First of all, it was already overcrowded without having to avoid stepping on dogs and having to make room for them. Secondly, I doubt the dogs really wanted to be there. Most of them looked stressed out with the crowds and noise, and some lost their #### when the fireworks started.

Take your dog to the park, or around the block or wherever. Socialization is important of course, but don't take them where there's throngs of people. Guide dogs are trained for that situation, your Fido is not.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 01:40 PM   #27
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
I knew someone would try to make that comparison, but it isn’t even remotely the same thing. As a society, we made celebrations and parks for people to enjoy. Having a continuous supply of humans who participate in society through shared connections and interactions is beneficial if you want a population that isn't anti-social. Bringing a dog there has no net benefits to anyone.

It might be a more apt comparison if someone brought their kid to a dog park or somewhere exclusively for dogs, and that kid was in the way or inhibiting the use of that facility for dogs to enjoy.

But sure, people can be annoying and it doesn’t matter their age. Adults are actually worse in many cases, especially adults that bring their dogs to places that are not appropriate to bring them.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 07-02-2022 at 02:03 PM.
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 01:48 PM   #28
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
There are a LOT of posts in this thread where I can replace every instance of "dog" or "dogs" with "kid" or "children" and they're just as accurate.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 01:58 PM   #29
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Feed your dog better food if you want it to stink less. Sure it appears to cost more but honestly paying to feed it properly will result in a happier healthier dog, that has better coat and less stink.

There are very good stores in town (Doodle Dogs for example) that will help show you how high protein/raw food will make your dog a lot happier.

In the end people buy things and don’t realize what it costs in time and money to properly take care of them and its passed onto others to deal with. Dogs are seldom the issue.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OldDutch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 02:10 PM   #30
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I actually don't hate dogs, but I just find that they bring an unnecessary layer of stress to life. If I see a cute dog, sometimes I can't resist petting or playing with it. There is a time and place to enjoy a dog and I personally would not want their anal glands in my house.

There is a lady I work with who has a little morkie and for some reason it decided to bond with me and I would be lying if I didn't say it also makes me happy.
Old 07-02-2022, 05:37 PM   #31
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
There are a LOT of posts in this thread where I can replace every instance of "dog" or "dogs" with "kid" or "children" and they're just as accurate.
Other than the fact that for their to be a person who wipes your ass when you are old someone needs to procreate.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 05:43 PM   #32
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Other than the fact that for their to be a person who wipes your ass when you are old someone needs to procreate.
Yeah, kids are gross on average, but also turn into adults.

Dogs are even more gross on average, and then turn into old dogs (which are even grosser).
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 06:18 PM   #33
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Also a note to dog owners: I don't give a single fata if your dog wants to smell me. Keep him the fata away from me. I don't want a wet nose or drool that ends up looking like dried snot on my clothes. It's fataing madness.

I also don't get why people don't have dog houses and dog runs anymore. They're extremely dirty animals that don't belong in homes.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 06:23 PM   #34
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Also a note to dog owners: I don't give a single fata if your dog wants to smell me. Keep him the fata away from me. I don't want a wet nose or drool that ends up looking like dried snot on my clothes. It's fataing madness.

I also don't get why people don't have dog houses and dog runs anymore. They're extremely dirty animals that don't belong in homes.
Their dog can smell you just fine from several feet away. That was one of the first things our trainer told us. “Your dog can smell people just fine, he doesn’t need to approach them to smell them”.

Also, as a dog lover who loves my dog, yeah he’s totally gross. And the anal gland thing is gross.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 06:59 PM   #35
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:

Buddy wants to know why you don't like him

Old 07-02-2022, 07:02 PM   #36
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Buddy wants to know why you don't like him

Dude, just don't.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 07:07 PM   #37
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

This thread is rolling good. We have friends who come once a year. We have a house where we don't have pets. They have a small dog. They try to bring it even though we say our condition is no dog. Then they lie. No dog.

Then bring the dog.

The dog has to mark it's territory and pisses on the mattress.

They deny it.

Why am I friends with these people? Don't bring a dog to a non dog owners home even after it's declared up front the condition. I'm gonna send am a bill and the mattress.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to calgarywinning For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 07:07 PM   #38
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Have you ever sought treatment for your Mysophobia?
Brendone is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brendone For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 07:15 PM   #39
boogerz
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Bring Your Dog Into Work Day or recurring "Dog Fridays" at work was awful for everyone, especially for people that are allergic to dogs (like me). It's great that the pandemic and hybrid/remote working has broken up that trend.
boogerz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boogerz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 07:28 PM   #40
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendone View Post
Have you ever sought treatment for your Mysophobia?
Hard to tell if Sliver is serious about all this filth and disgust stuff. But if he is, there’s definitely something pathological going on.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote