Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Event Forums > COVID-19 Forum

Old 10-15-2021, 03:10 PM   #4041
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

We just need to understand that if 100% of people were vaccinated, 100% of deaths would be among the vaccinated.
Old 10-15-2021, 03:37 PM   #4042
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
It absolutely is terrifying for the fully unvaccinated. Almost 1 in 3 Delta deaths are in the unvaccinated population. But if I'm reading that right, it's more terrifying for the fully vaccinated who account almost 2 in 3 of Delta deaths in the UK. And I'm one of the fully vaccinated.

Very high vaccination range absolutely has to be taken into consideration. As the other poster mentioned in the Reuters piece, they mentioned "of course most of the deaths are in the vaccination population, they account for most of the population." Which scares the crap out of me because that means these vaccines aren't what we thought they were and aren't AS effective against the Delta variant. Is does, however, seem to be doing wonders against the Alpha variant.
It's always wise, generally speaking, not to take meaning from data you don't entirely understand. That's why we're in the mess we're in. Not you specifically, but people doing it in general.

Slow down, process, and think. Reading and reacting is fruitless.

There's nothing in that data that is terrifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
I appreciate your engagement to offer an alternate perspective compared to what many of the CP users are used to seeing. Most of the people here often post about how they’re confused how or why the unvaccinated, vaccine hesitant, and anti vaccine groups even exist. THIS article and discussion hopefully helps the pro Vax group see what the other group sees and uses as an evidence base for their decisions/opinions.

So, everyone, consider the poster took a risk just to engage in a discussion that doesn’t seem to be allowed in media.

All - my post here is strictly neutral. Neither pro-this nor anti-that.
It's not that it's not allowed in media, nor is it that people are "confused" about why these people exist and this data is somehow a revelation as to why. The context of data like this has been explained dozens of times here, at least.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2021, 03:56 PM   #4043
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2021, 05:49 PM   #4044
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

The US will accept mixed-dose vaccinations for entry: https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...rs-2021-10-15/
Old 10-16-2021, 04:56 PM   #4045
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Friend of a friend is an emergency physician and is documenting covid in hospitals through photographs. Thought some might be interested

Heather Patterson Photography - COVID
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psyang For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2021, 09:34 PM   #4046
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Oh nice, I think that's new? I don't remember seeing that one before.

The facts are blindingly obvious once you look data properly.
Well I certainly don't always understand the data properly which is why the last couple pages of discussion where very interesting.

I hate 'remove this post immediately OMG ANTIVAXXXEERREER!@!@!#!@#@!#!@' stupidity because a lot of us have these discussions come up in our everyday lives, and for me personally it helps a lot having some understanding on what the numbers mean, what to do look for, etc.

And yes, I do actively come to this thread to look for exactly those discussions and to learn. So anyone who can't deal with some questions and perhaps even challenges on what is going on, and the constant feed of numbers and statistics we get every single day can frack off.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Draug, V