Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-15-2021, 01:46 PM   #801
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Only reason I can think of is they US doesn't want to have to distinguish between transborder and international air arrivals. Just makes it simpler to say all arrival by air require negative test. By land you can only arrive from Canada or Mexico and I would guess 99% of land border crossings are by Canadian, US, or Mexican citizens so fewer countries to worry about.
But they kind of already do. For Canadian citizens, flights leaving Canadian Cities where you have US preclearance could easily do this. These flights are essentially treated as domestic flights on arrival.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 02:08 PM   #802
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
OK, and would he be allowed back into Canada? I assume he has some sort of status, since he's been here over 10 years and married a Canadian. He's not a citizen, though.

Yeah, Canadian residents (citizens, Permanent Residents, people on visas, etc.) can enter Canada without being vaccinated, but they have to quarantine and do the required testing.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2021, 02:24 PM   #803
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyden View Post
Looks correct to me! Also to note that Canada does not accept antigen test results for entry (by land or air), while the U.S. does.
Has anyone seen what the rules will be for unvaccinated under 12s entering the US with their vaccinated parents?
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 02:34 PM   #804
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Yeah, Canadian residents (citizens, Permanent Residents, people on visas, etc.) can enter Canada without being vaccinated, but they have to quarantine and do the required testing.
Damn, I was hoping we could send him on a vacation home and he'd never be able to come back...
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2021, 02:36 PM   #805
Lubicon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
But they kind of already do. For Canadian citizens, flights leaving Canadian Cities where you have US preclearance could easily do this. These flights are essentially treated as domestic flights on arrival.
For sure. I have no idea why the US would have different rules for land vs air, was just speculating one possibility. Doesn't make sense but we're dealing with a government so it often doesn't.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 02:56 PM   #806
Gundo
First Line Centre

Exp:

So if I am vaccinated and travel to the US by land do I need a negative test to return back into Canada ?
Gundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 03:06 PM   #807
calgaryred
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundo View Post
So if I am vaccinated and travel to the US by land do I need a negative test to return back into Canada ?
Yes a PCR or NAAT NOW ID 72 hours from doing the test.

Sent from my SM-A105M using Tapatalk

Last edited by calgaryred; 10-15-2021 at 03:09 PM.
calgaryred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 04:08 PM   #808
Gundo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryred View Post
Yes a PCR or NAAT NOW ID 72 hours from doing the test.

So if I got one in Canada the day before leaving and went down to Montana to pickup my 2 quads and drove back the same day I could use the same test correct ?
Gundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 04:43 PM   #809
calgaryred
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So if I got one in Canada the day before leaving and went down to Montana to pickup my 2 quads and drove back the same day I could use the same test correct ?
If it doesn't exceed from the 72 hours from when you took the test, yes you could.

calgaryred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:01 PM   #810
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yes, and thatís a requirement that may keep us from travelling to the U.S. this winter (by air).
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:21 PM   #811
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

It's official now: The U.S. will be accepting any combination of two doses, including (but not limited to) AstraZeneca, Pfizer, J&J, or Moderna when full vaccination becomes a requirement for entry on November 8th.

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...lBxEh8njJm3oTc

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2021, 02:50 PM   #812
Cappy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Looking at doing a last minute trip to Europe in early November - dependent on restrictions of the countries etc.

Has anyone been recently and can comment on the ease of getting in as well as the restrictions in place per country?
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 03:36 PM   #813
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
Got my third dose just now - 1st AZ, 2nd & 3rd Pfizer. Should be good to travel at least until mid-2022, should the opportunity present itself. Really hoping I can actually go somewhere next year without it feeling like a bad idea or unnecessary risk.
But why? It seems like you got it for travel purposes but the US announced recently they're accepting mixed vaccines that are approved by WHO and I think it's likely other countries follow suit.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 04:09 PM   #814
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

At the international border, sure. What's happening in each state? What's happening at performance venues? Stadiums and arenas? Beats me. Just seemed prudent to cover my bases at zero cost to me other than a few minutes of my time.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 04:14 PM   #815
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good point. I wonder how countries are going to manage that? In NYC, you need a vaccine passport to enter almost all places, so do they have a way for foreigners to get setup on that? A doorman at an establishment isn't going to know the difference between what an Albertan shows vs. a Japanese citizen vs. someone from Egypt. How do they know what they're seeing isn't forged? Maybe upon entry, US officials give tourists some form of proof to use during their stay?
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 05:45 PM   #816
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wife and I are in Vegas now returning tomorrow. We got two PCR tests on Friday morning and didn't pay for either. She is a US citizen which probably helped my case.

Having recieved our results yet which makes me a bit nervous.
Old 10-16-2021, 05:53 PM   #817
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Wife and I are in Vegas now returning tomorrow. We got two PCR tests on Friday morning and didn't pay for either. She is a US citizen which probably helped my case.

Having recieved our results yet which makes me a bit nervous.
If no results by the time tomorrow AM comes, any pharmacy should offer rapid NAAT tests. Should get those results within an hour. Canada, accepts these for return. (This is NOT the antigen test).
Good luck!
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post: