Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2020, 09:00 AM   #41
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
Yea bro, straight up attacking the troll in a thread that was created to target the other thread he didn't like? Are you serious hahahaha.

Go read the other thread before you jump down my throat, guys attacked and trolled at least 2 dozen posters if not more.

I have no respect for that, but hey you're free to continue to support the problem.
You sound enraged and easily triggered, the exact mental makeup of a person that shouldn't have weapons.
Old 05-12-2020, 09:03 AM   #42
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
You sound enraged and easily triggered, the exact mental makeup of a person that shouldn't have weapons.
Are you saying you think he needs better trigger discipline?

Ha, a gun joke, you are welcome.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2020, 09:32 AM   #43
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Trekkies standing up for Star Wars fans?

This is bigger than when Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage shook hands.

I remember when the Spock Days parade in Vulcan got trolled by Star Wars geeks. I hope this show of support finally ends our conflict.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:52 AM   #44
Ben_in_Canada
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

In all fairness........ this is me and my girl
Ben_in_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 03:25 PM   #45
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
Robbery? Prowling? Trespassing? What movie were you watching?
I was very clearly responding to a post that questioned if guns are required when there is no threat to human life. I very clearly pointed out that police brandish guns more or less all the time, so according to them, yes guns are required all the damn time. Is that justified? Im not quite sure.

Very typical to attack a post instead of taking a second to try to understand the context...you are part of the problem.

If an argument is so rock solid, why resort to lies, misquotes or rhetoric?
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 03:37 PM   #46
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
I was very clearly responding to a post that questioned if guns are required when there is no threat to human life. I very clearly pointed out that police brandish guns more or less all the time, so according to them, yes guns are required all the damn time. Is that justified? Im not quite sure.

Very typical to attack a post instead of taking a second to try to understand the context...you are part of the problem.

If an argument is so rock solid, why resort to lies, misquotes or rhetoric?

Oh. Ok. So in the context of a couple of knobs trying to say they had to shoot a guy who was committing robberies, trespassing and prowling, you just happened to pick those three actions as requiring guns? Actually I don't know what you're talking about there. I'm not sure you do either. I'm thinking the problem might be idiots with guns thinking they're cops.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2020, 05:29 PM   #47
Nage Waza

Exp:

Quote:
Oh. Ok. So in the context of a couple of knobs trying to say they had to shoot a guy who was committing robberies, trespassing and prowling, you just happened to pick those three actions as requiring guns? Actually I don't know what you're talking about there. I'm not sure you do either. I'm thinking the problem might be idiots with guns thinking they're cops.
You dont seem interested at all to actually discuss things, do you? You are doubling down on total nonsense.

My comment had little to do with this case and more to do with policing...which in the States carries lethal enforcement for very petty crimes, as police easily justify use of their guns. You are such a zealot, you probably didnt realize you agree with me.

I don't need to repond to your trolling. You arent even sure who to argue with...
Old 05-12-2020, 08:58 PM   #48
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
My comment had little to do with this case and more to do with policing...which in the States carries lethal enforcement for very petty crimes, as police easily justify use of their guns. You are such a zealot, you probably didnt realize you agree with me.

I don't need to repond to your trolling. You arent even sure who to argue with...

Ok, so no one here is talking about real cops. We were talking about the crazy, fake, drunk, fat gut, crazy, trailer park cops that shot this guy for no reason.

Cops in the states don't respond to petty crimes with guns very often. You watch too much tv. Anyway. I seemed to have crossed a line here...

Last edited by OMG!WTF!; 05-12-2020 at 09:06 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2020, 09:15 PM   #49
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

OMG!WTF!. I gotta ask. Why do all your picture postings come with an irrelevant link? Yesterday it was baby names. Today, "closest place to get diesel fuel near me". Is this some sort of code? Should I be assembling these in a database? Will there be cake at the end?
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2020, 09:24 PM   #50
Nage Waza

Exp:

Quote:
Ok, so no one here is talking about real cops. We were talking about the crazy, fake, drunk, fat gut, crazy, trailer park cops that shot this guy for no reason.
Cops in the states don't respond to petty crimes with guns very often. You watch too much tv. Anyway. I seemed to have crossed a line here...
Is your defense seriously that a) no one here is talking about real cops, and b) that guns don't get used by cops very often?

a) I brought up cops, specifically to point out that guns certainly get used for trespass, shoplifting and all sorts of non violent crimes. Cops use them, which would seem to indicate that there is a risk of death committing pretty much ANY crime (even non crimes as we keep seeing on the news). I also made it very clear I wasn't referencing the case with the jogger, which was not the subject of this very thread, but was still to complex for you to realize.

b) You are trolling if you don't believe real cops have been involved in multiple front page news of cops killing people who appeared to be of no threat to anyone, or on better days, violently assaulting people who appeared to be of no threat to anyone. Police shootings are alarmingly high compared to other nations, including Canada.

You are digging in to argue against your own point. You should take a breath here...maybe read each post before you respond, but I suppose par for the course.

By the way, I am a huge defender of the police, but when they cross the line, I am perfectly fine criticizing them. Same for armed citizens.
Old 05-12-2020, 09:31 PM   #51
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
OMG!WTF!. I gotta ask. Why do all your picture postings come with an irrelevant link? Yesterday it was baby names. Today, "closest place to get diesel fuel near me". Is this some sort of code? Should I be assembling these in a database? Will there be cake at the end?

It's weird. I don't get it either but it's kind of funny. I've never searched any of those things. No babies. No diesel. I erased a couple of them..Best place to get birdseed in Maryvale and something about Bumper to Bumper stores. But they keep popping up. I look forward to seeing what comes up next that may offer a reasonable conclusion.
The Following User Says Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2020, 09:34 PM   #52
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hrmm, maybe it IS a code. We better stay on this.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 12:23 PM   #53
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm guessing this is a law abiding, legal gun owner (it is Florida, so I think everyone is), who is maybe just having a bad day and happens to have a gun while shopping in the deli.

Obviously the best solution would have been for everyone to have guns, and everyone could have started shooting.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1260634161645264897
Old 05-13-2020, 12:45 PM   #54
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Too bad the virus doesn't only target these nutjobs.

They all belong in a pit together to let natural selection do its thing. My money would be on bazooka guy.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2020, 12:55 PM   #55
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy crap, that's scary. Imagine being so insane, angry, and paranoid that you feel the need to pack heat when going to the grocery store. That country is so f***ed up.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2020, 01:00 PM   #56
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Holy crap, that's scary. Imagine being so insane, angry, and paranoid that you feel the need to pack heat when going to the grocery store. That country is so f***ed up.
No kidding, most Americans are too afraid to leave their trailer parks unless they are packing.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:13 PM   #57
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
As much as I personally have no interest in owning a gun, I wonder how I would feel if I lived in a place where you could expect a good number of people to be packing heat in the most benign places. I can see how it would be tempting to just give in out of fear.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:14 PM   #58
Nage Waza

Exp:

Quote:
No kidding, most Americans are too afraid to leave their trailer parks unless they are packing.
Although this is not textbook racism, it is pretty close. This type of stuff should not be tolerated.

Last edited by Nage Waza; 05-13-2020 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:19 PM   #59
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Although this is not textbook racism, it is pretty close. This type of stuff should not be tolerated.
uh sure...

Quote:
Definition of racism
1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
Actually...

I couldn't help but notice that 99% of your posts in the last 2 months have been in the video game thread and then outside of that, besides this one and maybe 1 or 2 more, all of your posts are defending the 2 white guys who just shot that black fellow, earlier in this thread.

makes me wonder about your motivations.

Last edited by DuffMan; 05-13-2020 at 01:31 PM.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 01:36 PM   #60
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
As much as I personally have no interest in owning a gun, I wonder how I would feel if I lived in a place where you could expect a good number of people to be packing heat in the most benign places. I can see how it would be tempting to just give in out of fear.
If I lived in much of the US, I would operate under the assumption that people are carrying guns.
Petty arguments, road rage and things of that sort would be approached very differently. I don't think I'd even honk my horn at someone.
Winsor_Pilates is online now   Reply With Quote