Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2020, 07:23 AM   #1
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Gun Nuts, Lots of Gun Nuts

Post your stories of those wild and zany people out walking around with guns, no geographical stipulations.

They're usually law abiding citizens that own and or obsess over legal guns, that the rest of us, are sort of laughing at but not really, since they are dangerous to themselves and everyone around them. Some might even transition to the mass shooting thread at some point.

Also, feel free to not read this thread, but I am guessing there will be many laughs.

I'll start

https://twitter.com/user/status/1259189791150800899

Last edited by DuffMan; 05-11-2020 at 07:27 AM.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DuffMan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2020, 07:25 AM   #2
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here's another guy

Quote:
Law firm fires Texas gun nut for posting insane rant about shooting people who ask him to wear face mask

“It’s time to stop this BULLSH*T,” he wrote. “Do I have to show the lame security guard outside of a ghetto store my CV19 test result? I will show him my Glock 21 shooting range results. With Hornady hollow points. Pricey ammi, but with it in this situation. They have reached the limit. I have more power than they do… they just don’t know it yet.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/law...ear-face-mask/
Old 05-11-2020, 08:27 AM   #3
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Hey fellas, marching with guns and taking over government buildings is going to get you back to work how exactly? Who do you have to kill to get a job around here anyway?
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2020, 08:36 AM   #4
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure if anyone is familiar with the story of Ahmad Aubrey, a 25 year old unarmed black man who was out jogging. Unfortunately for him 2 god fearing, gun toting (legal) white fellows, a father and son, came across him, and thought he fit the description of someone doing break ins in the neighborhood.

Luckily these 2 were armed when they came across Ahmad, as they were able to dish out justice, the way god fearing, gun toting people do.

there is a video of the whole thing, that anyone can find so I wont post.

there is some question of why the video was taken, was it a god fearing gun toting friend of the 2 who wanted a momento of the whole thing for some reason.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:38 AM   #5
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

“They do not yet know how powerful I am!”

Sounds like a cross between anime and some of our more zany conservative posters.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 08:42 AM   #6
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

LOL is that a bazooka? That can't be real.......

The twitter thread is pretty comical as well.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 08:42 AM   #7
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Here's me and my many guns out for a walk around the neighbourhood:

Spoiler!
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Looch City For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2020, 08:43 AM   #8
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not a gun nut in particular but an example of how nutty things get with guns and cops acting all USA with it...

https://nationalpost.com/news/outsid...ostumed-worker

The funniest part is William Shatner tweeting about it..

Quote:
“Captain’s Log Stardate 49: Sending my contempt this morning to the @lethpolice of Alberta, Canada & @LPSChief1. Rifles drawn for a plastic toy Cosplayer? Didn’t comply right away? Are you blind Chief? Watch the video to see how quickly she complied,” he posted Tuesday.
“This cannot be covered up.”
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2020, 09:11 AM   #9
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
LOL is that a bazooka? That can't be real.......

The twitter thread is pretty comical as well.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1259216437698351104

This one is made of wood...
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:37 AM   #10
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

#MealTeamSix is funny
Old 05-11-2020, 10:56 AM   #11
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post

I think its got horse shoes for a handle too.

best names for baby girl 2017

Last edited by OMG!WTF!; 05-11-2020 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:23 AM   #12
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
Not a gun nut in particular but an example of how nutty things get with guns and cops acting all USA with it...

https://nationalpost.com/news/outsid...ostumed-worker

The funniest part is William Shatner tweeting about it..
Trekkies standing up for Star Wars fans?

This is bigger than when Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage shook hands.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:08 PM   #13
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

keep in mind, these are the same people that are allowed to carry weapons into the government building where Whitmer works, because of the Constitution.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1259864848935968769
Old 05-11-2020, 05:29 PM   #14
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Not sure if anyone is familiar with the story of Ahmad Aubrey, a 25 year old unarmed black man who was out jogging. Unfortunately for him 2 god fearing, gun toting (legal) white fellows, a father and son, came across him, and thought he fit the description of someone doing break ins in the neighborhood.

Luckily these 2 were armed when they came across Ahmad, as they were able to dish out justice, the way god fearing, gun toting people do.

there is a video of the whole thing, that anyone can find so I wont post.

there is some question of why the video was taken, was it a god fearing gun toting friend of the 2 who wanted a momento of the whole thing for some reason.
You realize that its now proven that he wasn't jogging? He had in fact moments prior entered a under renovation house looting around for 7 minutes which is a felony offence in Georgia. Also under Georgia law it's legal for citizens arrest people for felony offences. What happened after that led to a man losing his life is more then up for debating and will be presented before the court of law. But your post jumps to alot of conclusions and holds a TON of mistruths. Ecspeically with the thrown in race baiting. If you want people to take you serious you shouldn't make things up to support your anti-gun stance.

I'm coincidentally anti-gun and do not nor will not own any. But reading your post really made me cringe
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 05:45 PM   #15
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Homer View Post
You realize that its now proven that he wasn't jogging? He had in fact moments prior entered a under renovation house looting around for 7 minutes which is a felony offence in Georgia. Also under Georgia law it's legal for citizens arrest people for felony offences. What happened after that led to a man losing his life is more then up for debating and will be presented before the court of law. But your post jumps to alot of conclusions and holds a TON of mistruths. Ecspeically with the thrown in race baiting. If you want people to take you serious you shouldn't make things up to support your anti-gun stance.

I'm coincidentally anti-gun and do not nor will not own any. But reading your post really made me cringe
how did the 2 white gun nuts know he did that and he wasn’t jogging?

Regardless, this is new information to me, even though I saw the vid of him in a house, but didn’t know the timing.

Sounds like the George Zimmerman justification for confronting , engaging and killing someone minus the Skittles
Old 05-11-2020, 05:50 PM   #16
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
how did the 2 white gun nuts know he did that and he wasn’t jogging?

Regardless, this is new information to me, even though I saw the vid of him in a house, but didn’t know the timing.

Sounds like the George Zimmerman justification for confronting , engaging and killing someone minus the Skittles
They were the ones who'd called the cops on him and one of them even caught in him the house from what I've read. But it also proves why before jumping to conclusion it usually helps for the facts to come out.

Even with the amount of time that it took for charges to be pressed was because the senior Mcmichael was a retired police investigator and many officers and DA's had to recuse themselves. Considering alot of the facts coming out I wouldn't be surprised for these two men to be acquitted. Alot of public pressure has forced them into charging them. And wether you think the rule of the law is stupid (I would certainly agree with you). By law there isn't much they did wrong. They approached someone trespassing and went for a citizens arrest and during said act of stupidity he goes after one of the mens guns and gets shot. Personally I think it's insane to allow citizens to arrest other citizens precisely for the reason of what happened here. But by rule of the law I dont see much wrong legally with what happened. Morally it's a whole other ball park.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:58 PM   #17
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:

Can you show me where it says he was in the house under construction for 7 minutes and it’s a felony? Everything I’ve read says he was there a short time and at worse he was trespassing.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2020, 06:04 PM   #18
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

What are you talking about? Felony trespassing? Citizen's arrest for felony offenses? Not jogging? You haven't a single clue.
The Following User Says Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2020, 06:25 PM   #19
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Can you show me where it says he was in the house under construction for 7 minutes and it’s a felony? Everything I’ve read says he was there a short time and at worse he was trespassing.
I spit balled 7 minutes I apologize it was 3 minutes upon further looking it up.

Merely trespassing is a misdemeanor. He goes inside the house which is under construction so it's more then trespassing. Could be considered all the way up to a break and enter at that point. Obviously in this case alot of intents behind things will be brought up. But regardless being caught within a property that's not yours and running away when confronted is not "jogging".
Old 05-11-2020, 06:37 PM   #20
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I spit balled 7 minutes I apologize it was 3 minutes upon further looking it up.

Merely trespassing is a misdemeanor. He goes inside the house which is under construction so it's more then trespassing. Could be considered all the way up to a break and enter at that point. Obviously in this case alot of intents behind things will be brought up. But regardless being caught within a property that's not yours and running away when confronted is not "jogging".

That's crazy. It's not even a slam dunk trespassing case. If no one asks you to leave you're not trespassing in most circumstances. He could be looking for a friend who works there. He could have a job interview there. There's no door and likely no doorbell. Any person would be allowed to do what he did under any number of circumstances. He left without even touching anything. You're really speculating incorrectly, especially considering the grossly negligent outcome.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post: