Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2008, 12:31 PM   #1
Hoody
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default LUNDMARK NAMED CCM/AHL PLAYER OF THE MONTH (qc pr)

LUNDMARK NAMED CCM/AHL PLAYER OF THE MONTH
Center Recorded 19 Points in 13 Games in November

For Immediate Release
Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Moline, IL- The American Hockey League announced today that Flames center Jamie Lundmark has been named the CCM/AHL Player of the Month for November. During the month, the veteran center recorded 19 points (five goals and 14 assists) in 13 games. His selection marks the second time in team history that a Flame has been honored as AHL Player of the Month.

After being held scoreless in the Flames first game of the month, Lundmark recorded points in three straight games from November 7th through November 9th. During the streak, he recorded seven points on a goal and six assists. He capped the streak by tying a franchise record with four assists on November 9th vs. San Antonio.

Lundmark recorded another four point night on November 14th vs. Peoria. The Edmonton, Alberta native scored the game-winning goal and added three assists to tie a franchise record for points in a game with four. The eight-year professional capped the month by scoring points in five of his final six games during the month. During that stretch, he recorded three goals with five assists for eight points.

The AHL will present Lundmark with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Flames home game. He joins former Flames center Grant Stevenson as the only Flames to be honored as AHL Player of the Month. Stevenson was recognized by the league during January of 2008.

The Flames host Rockford on Friday during a promotion filled evening. Fans in attendance will receive a photo of the 2008-09 Quad City Flames courtesy of Heartland Chiropractic. It’s Kids Safety Night as the Davenport Fire Department, Moline Police Department and the Quad City Bicycle Club will visit to educate kids on safety topics. Toys for Tots continues as fans will receive $3.00 off the price of an adult walk-up ticket at the i wireless Center Box Office when they donate a toy. It’s also College Night presented by B100’s Red Hot Brian Scott and Tony Tone. College students will receive walk-up tickets for half-price at the i wireless Center Box Office when they present a valid college ID card. Individual tickets for Friday’s game, and all Flames home games, are available now at the i wireless Center box office, via phone at (563) 326-1111 or online at ticketmaster.com. For group tickets, call the Flames ticket office at (309) 764-7825. -30-
Flames Fever…it’s spREDing!

For Information Contact:
Aaron Roof
Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations
o: (309) 764-7825

-Ben Stein
Hoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good on 'em. I thought he played well in training camp up in calgary. Hope he keeps going like this.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:25 PM   #3
Racki
First Line Centre

Exp:

I wonder if this guys gets called up to the big club soon with Boyd still hurting from a suspected concussion?
Old 12-02-2008, 02:52 PM   #4
Flickered Flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggysback05 View Post
I wonder if this guys gets called up to the big club soon with Boyd still hurting from a suspected concussion?
I don't think the Flames need another body right now. Andre Roy is still a healthy scratch.
Flickered Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:26 PM   #5
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another reason I think Lundmark can still play for us Calgary Flames!!
flamesrule_kipper34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:36 PM   #6
toquester
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesrule_kipper34 View Post
Another reason I think Lundmark can still play for us Calgary Flames!!
I agree....those numbers suggest some big league talent. And look how he changed the expectations of Chucko.
toquester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:34 AM   #7
Hoody
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default QC Flames Lundmark earns AHL's monthly honors (QC Online)

http://www.qconline.com/archives/qco....php?id=416196

I post only because it talks about Irving and Armstrong being in contention for Rookie and Goalie awards.

Hoody

-Ben Stein
Hoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:31 AM   #8
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Well, Schneider's out of Manitoba now. If Irving has another good month, he just might get the award!

Lundmark's been playing very well. A changed guy since the beginning of the season. I still think these guys needed some time to adjust....hope they can keep it up!
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote