Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 04:55 PM   #12461
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
That's kind of an unfair comment. I don't like that the team is sucking bad, I want them to be good...they're just not. It's not like they're kina good and just not playing well, they haven't been good and aren't really doing anything to change it. The only time I wanted them to do bad is when they were eliminated and could get a better pick. I think the people who don't want to change things are the ones who want the team to do bad. Being bad and not wanting to change it makes no sense to me, I'm sorry if that goes against what you think.
I just never see you make any positive comments toward the team. The team is not total garbage, there is some work to be done but you should embrace the positives sometimes. It is supposed to be fun. I know that is challenging being a fan of this team but things can only get better.
The Following User Says Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2021, 08:29 PM   #12462
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

I might be reading into things a bit too much but I am really starting to wonder if Tkachuk is the big core piece that is moved this summer? He is by far the biggest trade chip the Flames have and if Johnny is going to sign long term there could be an argument that cashing in on Tkachuk makes some sense. Tkachuk shifting over to RW and looking good with Johnny leaves things open to have them both.

Treliving says there are going to be changes. Gio is only going in expansion, Monahan has low value right now, Lindholm is going nowhere. It is either Johnny or Tkachuk and basically I think one or the other is traded.

Eichel makes the most sense to target but I could also see the Rangers paying a hefty price
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2021, 05:30 AM   #12463
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
I might be reading into things a bit too much but I am really starting to wonder if Tkachuk is the big core piece that is moved this summer? He is by far the biggest trade chip the Flames have and if Johnny is going to sign long term there could be an argument that cashing in on Tkachuk makes some sense. Tkachuk shifting over to RW and looking good with Johnny leaves things open to have them both.

Treliving says there are going to be changes. Gio is only going in expansion, Monahan has low value right now, Lindholm is going nowhere. It is either Johnny or Tkachuk and basically I think one or the other is traded.

Eichel makes the most sense to target but I could also see the Rangers paying a hefty price

I think this could likely be correct.

Although if Eichel is the target, Johnny won’t be the guy going in that trade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2021, 06:08 AM   #12464
GS Skier
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I just never see you make any positive comments toward the team. The team is not total garbage, there is some work to be done but you should embrace the positives sometimes. It is supposed to be fun. I know that is challenging being a fan of this team but things can only get better.
Maybe he's actually Will Nault in disguise.
Old 05-21-2021, 07:14 AM   #12465
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Or maybe I'm just sick and tired of this team not being good enough and not doing anything about it.

Who thinks this team is one piece away from being a contender? Even if they add Eichel, do you think that will be enough? Adding Eichel would for sure improve the team, unless he goes for surgery and never really bounces back, but will that be enough? The philosophy of the franchise just doesn't make sense and hasn't for a while IMO and it's frustrating seeing the team do the same thing over and over especially when doing the same thing only puts them in the exact same position to do the same thing.

That's why I think there needs to be major changes. If they did something drastic, call it change for the sake of change if you want, it will do one of two things: Improve the team to become a contender instead of being an average at best bubble team, or put them in the bottom few teams in the league where they'd be able to draft an actual blue chip prospect. You could argue they are already there, they finished with 55 points and the devlls who placed 29th finished with 45 points and the Flames got 8 of those points they just got in "makeup games" that really didn't matter. When you really think about it, this is already a bottom tier team.

Some people have the same view as I do, some have the opposite view. You seem to think that I'm a very negative poster because I want sweeping changes and you can think whatever you want. I see people who want to keep the team together and make one or two changes and that's fine if that's what they want, but is it ok for me to call you out and say that you don't want the team to improve? There are lots of negative things I can say about people who don't want big changes, but you're allowed to think whatever you want.
Old 05-21-2021, 07:15 AM   #12466
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1395725121189449732
Old 05-21-2021, 10:06 AM   #12467
Tbull8
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Would it really be that bad if we moved pieces for Eichel and he wasn't fully healthy for this season. We end up being bad and get a top pick (Wright, Savoie, Lambert). We could also weaponize his cap hit to take on a bad contract or 2 to stock up more picks.
Just a thought
Old 05-22-2021, 03:09 PM   #12468
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Larry Brooks saying that there are "undercurrents" that Joel Quenneville has his sights on taking the Kraken coaching job. The Panthers might be willing to let him go because of money issues. If this were to happen, it would put serious questions about Barkov re-signing with the Panthers.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/22/david-...-after-firing/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2021, 03:17 PM   #12469
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol.

The Kraken are going to finish ahead of the Flames in the standings next year, aren't they?

Probably the next 5-10 years at a minimum.
Old 05-22-2021, 03:23 PM   #12470
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Larry Brooks saying that there are "undercurrents" that Joel Quenneville has his sights on taking the Kraken coaching job. The Panthers might be willing to let him go because of money issues. If this were to happen, it would put serious questions about Barkov re-signing with the Panthers.

Lord help us if Barkov follows him there.
Old 05-22-2021, 03:26 PM   #12471
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

That is gonna be huge wow and yup Seattle will somehow end up in the playoffs next year.
Old 05-23-2021, 12:04 PM   #12472
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post

That is positively terrifying.
Old 05-23-2021, 12:14 PM   #12473
tkflames
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
So far the analytics people have been knocking it out of the park in identifying players that are going to come here and contribute. JFC, if there is the a bigger pile of bull#### than advanced analytics I don't know what it is.
Not claiming that they are using the right analytics or that our pro scouting staff is anything to brag about. Just noting that the likelihood of a Ritso deal happening if that is the team philosophy is near 0.
Old 05-23-2021, 02:24 PM   #12474
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wtf? Are people taking some speculation by Larry fn Brooks as a serious thing? Come on people...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2021, 01:35 PM   #12475
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't watch the Coyotes at all, but what are peoples thoughts about Christian Fischer. He's only 24 and scored in Junior? Bleacher report has him left exposed for Seattle.
Old 05-24-2021, 02:28 PM   #12476
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988 View Post
I don't watch the Coyotes at all, but what are peoples thoughts about Christian Fischer. He's only 24 and scored in Junior? Bleacher report has him left exposed for Seattle.
He had a really good rookie season, after an excellent AHL season, where he showed glimpses of what he was supposed to be when he was taken early in the 2nd round. Since then, he’s really fallen off a cliff, I think he’s getting less ice time because he’s inconsistent defensively. He’s a big power forward who skates well enough, can play physical, and he’s only 24-he should be a perennial 20 goal, 50 point player. There’s still time, but he’s stagnated in the desert, and needs a change.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2021, 05:19 PM   #12477
jmerkel3d
Draft Pick

https://www.diebytheblade.com/2021/5...cific-division

Another speculative article detailing a Sabres trade.

Chucky+Zary+1st as the centerpiece?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2021, 05:24 PM   #12478
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmerkel3d View Post
https://www.diebytheblade.com/2021/5...cific-division

Another speculative article detailing a Sabres trade.

Chucky+Zary+1st as the centerpiece?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
From the article:
Quote:
Calgary Deal: Sabres acquire Matthew Tkachuk, Connor Zary, Yan Kuznetsov, Milan Lucic, a 2021 First round pick (13th OA), and a 2022 Second round pick from the Calgary Flames for Jack Eichel
I have been in favor of acquiring Eichel, but that's far too much for a player who only plays about 60-70 games per season.
Old 05-24-2021, 05:30 PM   #12479
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
From the article:

I have been in favor of acquiring Eichel, but that's far too much for a player who only plays about 60-70 games per season.
Their logic is that you have to give more to dump Lucic.
Old 05-24-2021, 05:32 PM   #12480
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thats selling the farm...and the livestock. No way.
The Following User Says Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread