Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 01:11 PM   #10441
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Gusev is worth the claim. Look at his KHL numbers. Insane. Older but hasn’t really had much of a chance.
Old 04-02-2021, 01:13 PM   #10442
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustygoon View Post
I think Gusev is worth the claim. Look at his KHL numbers. Insane. Older but hasn’t really had much of a chance.
I have some bad news... he already cleared.
The Following User Says Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2021, 01:39 PM   #10443
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gusev > evegeny svechnikov
Old 04-02-2021, 01:50 PM   #10444
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evman150 View Post
Anyone else having deja vu with talk about trading our best player to Philadelphia? Last time we did this, the going rate was Simon Gagne, Justin Williams, and a 1st round pick. Or something like that.
I believe the rumour was Gagne, Williams & Woiwitka. Button wanted Joni Pitkanen instead of Woiwitka.

I recall this being discussed on Satellite Hot Stove with Duhatschek, Strachen, JD & MacLean.
Old 04-02-2021, 01:52 PM   #10445
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

I'd be up for Sveching Svechnikov.
Old 04-02-2021, 01:53 PM   #10446
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOfan View Post
I believe the rumour was Gagne, Williams & Woiwitka. Button wanted Joni Pitkanen instead of Woiwitka.

I recall this being discussed on Satellite Hot Stove with Duhatschek, Strachen, JD & MacLean.
This was before the Simmonds/Schenn rumoured package, yeah?
Old 04-02-2021, 01:54 PM   #10447
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Would this carry on the tradition of having the less successful/talented brother?
The Following User Says Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2021, 01:56 PM   #10448
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachukwagon View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1377971528223035393

Wyshynski’s guide for all 31 teams for the trade deadline. Great read. Flames content below:
It is almost unfathomable that the Flames 2021 1st round pick is rumoured to be in play but it probably is.
Old 04-02-2021, 02:00 PM   #10449
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarongavey View Post
It is almost unfathomable that the Flames 2021 1st round pick is rumoured to be in play but it probably is.
You’re really fixated on this.

Never mind that guys like Wyshynski are paid to come up with rumours/discussion. The Flames aren’t trading their first

Last edited by TOfan; 04-02-2021 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-02-2021, 02:08 PM   #10450
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOfan View Post
You’re really fixated on this.

Never mind that guys like Wyshynski are paid to come up with rumours/discussion. The Flames aren’t trading their first
Well we have a GM who either traded the flames 1st round pick or was thwarted by a NHL fax machine in 3 of his first 6 seasons, so it is definitely possibly on the table.
Old 04-02-2021, 02:21 PM   #10451
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Everything should be on the table this isn't really news
Old 04-02-2021, 02:21 PM   #10452
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarongavey View Post
Well we have a GM who either traded the flames 1st round pick or was thwarted by a NHL fax machine in 3 of his first 6 seasons, so it is definitely possibly on the table.
Sure, I suppose it is possible. But if he does move it, i bet it will be for an established player about to enter his prime, or early stages of it. If he does acquire a player like this at that cost it’s not likely to happen until after the expansion draft.

I’ll rephrase my earlier post to say, I don’t think he’s trading it at the deadline.
Old 04-02-2021, 02:51 PM   #10453
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

There's plenty on the Bruins that would interest me if the Flames are not going full rebuild.

Ritchie is a versatile Flames killer and a pending RFA.

DeBrusk has been trending down but is still young and is a worthwhile reclamation project. Bruins likely see him as a cap dump at this point.

Also interested in the other 2015 guys, Zboril and Senychyn. Would also love to get Carlo, but don't think he's available given the Bruins depth on D.

They also have their 1st, 2nd and 3rd in 2021.

Maybe the LD they're looking for is Giordano? Flames would need to eat cap to make it happen, though.
Old 04-02-2021, 03:01 PM   #10454
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

What I like about Svechnikov slotting into one of the Flames top 3 rw slots is he has size and grit. He's not afraid to drop the gloves and stick up for his team mates. We need snarl, the bonus is he actually has a pretty decent skillset. Might be another Bennett but I could take a cheap as borscht Bennett type on this soft roster.

Honestly I can see some chemistry with guys like Monahan and Tkachuk and Lindholm specifically. IMO, if you can slot Ritchie onto the Monny line, Svechnikov is a pretty clear upgrade over Ritchie.
The Following User Says Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2021, 03:12 PM   #10455
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not surprised Gusev cleared. No one wants to add a lot salary right now, especially for a one-dimensional player not playing well.

It's 100% a buyers market this year and it's not worth the opportunity cost of capping out your team just before the trade deadline with Gusev when there are bound to be better options that could be had for pennies on the dollar this year.

I could see a potential trade if the Devils are willing to take back salary.

Svechnikov is definitely worth the risk though. He is bound to get claimed.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 04-02-2021 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:49 AM   #10456
Tkachukwagon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Who says no? Your Flames trade proposals for Jack Eichel, Brady Tkachuk, Travis Konecny and more https://theathletic.com/2493077/2021/04/02/who-says-no-your-flames-trade-proposals-for-jack-eichel-brady-tkachuk-travis-konecny-and-more/?source=user_shared_article

The Athletic’s “Who Says No? Flames Edition” from Hailey Salvian. I’ll save you a read (or subscription), apparently nobody on the Flames is worth anything. Pretty disappointed they couldn’t even produce a slightly homer trade for the Flames, literally just “no” for ever Flames fan proposal.
Old 04-03-2021, 08:07 AM   #10457
browntrout
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Who says no? Your Flames trade proposals for Jack Eichel, Brady Tkachuk, Travis Konecny and more https://theathletic.com/2493077/2021/04/02/who-says-no-your-flames-trade-proposals-for-jack-eichel-brady-tkachuk-travis-konecny-and-more/?source=user_shared_article

The Athletic’s “Who Says No? Flames Edition” from Hailey Salvian. I’ll save you a read (or subscription), apparently nobody on the Flames is worth anything. Pretty disappointed they couldn’t even produce a slightly homer trade for the Flames, literally just “no” for ever Flames fan proposal.
The stark reality is that Monahan literally has no value, I think you would be hard pressed to get a late first round pick for the guy. Tkachuk can't skate, Gio is over the hill now, no is taking this guy unless ,and that's a maybe, if Calgary retains salary.

The smart business decision with a new stadium on the horizon would be to rebuild as quickly as possible. Take your lumps for the next 5 years and do it right this time. Too many of their high end draft picks have not materialized to anything Daniel Tkaczuk, Rico data, Sam Bennett, to a lesser degree Monahan has clearly capped out. The organization has clearly had some really bad luck in regards to this, all you can do is start over again and get the drafting right and the rest will follow. They really do need to catch a break a get an elite centre in the draft, it's been the death blow for this organization for the last 30 years
Old 04-03-2021, 08:32 AM   #10458
Tkachukwagon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1378353160465567751

Maybe a big name off the trade list?
Old 04-03-2021, 08:37 AM   #10459
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browntrout View Post
The stark reality is that Monahan literally has no value, I think you would be hard pressed to get a late first round pick for the guy. Tkachuk can't skate, Gio is over the hill now, no is taking this guy unless ,and that's a maybe, if Calgary retains salary.

The smart business decision with a new stadium on the horizon would be to rebuild as quickly as possible. Take your lumps for the next 5 years and do it right this time. Too many of their high end draft picks have not materialized to anything Daniel Tkaczuk, Rico data, Sam Bennett, to a lesser degree Monahan has clearly capped out. The organization has clearly had some really bad luck in regards to this, all you can do is start over again and get the drafting right and the rest will follow. They really do need to catch a break a get an elite centre in the draft, it's been the death blow for this organization for the last 30 years
Monahan still has value. He is still a 2nd line center with potential of getting his scoring back to make him a 1b center. Centers have value. By know means am I saying that they can hit a homerun if they trade him , but they can get something of value.
Old 04-03-2021, 08:37 AM   #10460
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
https://twitter.com/user/status/1378353160465567751

Maybe a big name off the trade list?
Good, hope he re-signs
The Following User Says Thank You to Moneyhands23 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread