Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 06:41 AM   #3661
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd love to get Murray but I"m going to have complete faith in management to get the best goalie possible. Let's face it, most of us didn't really know about Murray until we found out that management was going after him and now he's all most of us want! If they can't get him, they'll get whatever is best for the team. I'm really excited for this management team moving forward, I think they're good at identifying talent and being active in the market.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:43 AM   #3662
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
For some reason I see Fleury costing us too much. Conroy mentioned they were looking for that diamond in the rough again. I just don't see them shelling out the coin for Fleury who will be getting on in age. They were after Murray doesn't make them after Fleiry - and that concussion was a big deal at the end there as well...

I see them making a not-so-obvious creative move tbh. Maybe Reimer/Kuemper? A part of me thinks they could swing something with Colorado for Pickard as well. Enroth as UFA maybe?

They will have a lot of money to shell out to Monohan and Gaudreau, don't see them paying Fleury.
I suspect you're right. Just as I think we're more likely to be after Vasilevskiy than Bishop.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:00 AM   #3663
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
I'm not advocating signing Reimer but Kemper played for one of the best defensive teams in the league, Reimer played for Toronto. Straight number comparison doesn't do justice.
Yeah, an apples to apples comparison can be helpful.

Since Reimer broke into the NHL in 2010-11...
  • Reimer's SV% is second-highest (of five) among all goalies who started at least 20 games for the Leafs (only 1/1000th behind Bernier).

• Reimer's GAA with the Leafs was 2.84. The combined GAA of the five goalies who started at least 20 games with the Leafs during Reimer's time with the team was 2.86.

Since Kuemper broke into the NHL is 2012-13...
  • Kuemper's SV% is second-lowest (of four) among all goalies who started at least 20 games for the Wild (13/1000th behind Dubnyk).

• Kuemper's GAA with the Wild is 2.47. The combined GAA of the four goalies who started at least 20 games with the Wild since Kuemper joined the team is 2.34.

Compared to their peers, Reimer performed better than the other Leafs' goalies and Kuemper performed worse than the other Wild goalies.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:05 AM   #3664
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Buyers market.

What teams are even able to spend $5 Mill on a FA goalie?

What teams are even able to spend $4 Mill on a FA goalie?

If teams want to move a veteran, they are eating salary. Reimer isn't going to have a lot of teams beating down his door with the chequebook either.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:13 AM   #3665
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Different goaltender names keep coming and going. We've talked about Murray, Ramo, Ortio, Fleury, etc. etc.

But we continue to come back to Andersen and Reimer as the most likely candidates.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:25 AM   #3666
Money Baer
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Vasilevskiy Would be a great target! So much potential, has had (minimal) success in the NHL, and looks like a future star.

Hopefully Dallas can win game 7 to give us more/better trading chips at the draft.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:22 AM   #3667
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
Buyers market.

What teams are even able to spend $5 Mill on a FA goalie?

What teams are even able to spend $4 Mill on a FA goalie?

If teams want to move a veteran, they are eating salary. Reimer isn't going to have a lot of teams beating down his door with the chequebook either.
To take that further, the Leafs will be looking for a goalie and have the assets to be the front runner in pretty much any goalie that will be available. If/once Totonto gets a goalie that limits Reimer's option to pretty much one team if he wants to be a starter. As much as I didn't want Reimer, the more I think about it, he can be a backup option that will not cost an asset. He likely can also be had without overpaying in term or salary on the UFA market.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:53 AM   #3668
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Yeah, an apples to apples comparison can be helpful.

Since Reimer broke into the NHL in 2010-11...
  • Reimer's SV% is second-highest (of five) among all goalies who started at least 20 games for the Leafs (only 1/1000th behind Bernier).
  • Reimer's GAA with the Leafs was 2.84. The combined GAA of the five goalies who started at least 20 games with the Leafs during Reimer's time with the team was 2.86.

Compared to their peers, Reimer performed better than the other Leafs' goalies and Kuemper performed worse than the other Wild goalies.

Is comparing Reimer to other Leaf goalies all that relevant? Second in save percentage out of five Leaf goalies doesn't inspire me with confidence.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:04 AM   #3669
Demetric
Scoring Winger

Exp:

If we are not going to go for a veteran like Fleury, I think we will end up with Pickard out of Colorado, here is a good article on him and why we should target him: Link
Old 05-11-2016, 09:17 AM   #3670
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not really sold on Kuemper. His stats look fairly 'meh' to me. Not that stats mean everything, but they do mean a lot.

I would just as much re-sign Ramo, sign Reimer and go with Ortio as the back-up.

I say go big, or go home. At this point, I would consider trading down or out in the first round to get a goalie.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:35 AM   #3671
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Can't see the Flames taking any chances on an unproven starter for next year unless its a blue chip prospect and even then I'd be wary.
The Following User Says Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2016, 12:24 PM   #3672
Angelino
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetric View Post
If we are not going to go for a veteran like Fleury, I think we will end up with Pickard out of Colorado, here is a good article on him and why we should target him: Link
Met Pickard in Zurich, Switzerland prior to the season, he was a nice guy and not a ######.

Old 05-11-2016, 12:31 PM   #3673
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetric View Post
Pickard is the next best thing to Matt Murray. But what would it take to get him?

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
Old 05-11-2016, 12:40 PM   #3674
Demetric
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
Pickard is the next best thing to Matt Murray. But what would it take to get him?
I think late 1st or 2 nds would do it, I think the Jones trade is a comparable

Last edited by Demetric; 05-11-2016 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:03 PM   #3675
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

If you were to offer him a 32 year deal worth 3.25 million a year as an offer sheet the compensation would be a single 2nd round pick next year. He might not be worth that type of money...but people seem to be willing to retain 1.5 to 2 million in salary to acquire a 2nd round pick. So if you spend that extra money can you save having to trade one that you already have versus going the traditional trade route.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:08 PM   #3676
JJ1532
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
If you were to offer him a 32 year deal worth 3.25 million a year as an offer sheet the compensation would be a single 2nd round pick next year. He might not be worth that type of money...but people seem to be willing to retain 1.5 to 2 million in salary to acquire a 2nd round pick. So if you spend that extra money can you save having to trade one that you already have versus going the traditional trade route.
How long?
Old 05-11-2016, 01:10 PM   #3677
Angelino
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
32 year deal? This isn't Rick DiPietro.

Old 05-11-2016, 01:25 PM   #3678
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

There is no guarantee Pittsburgh needs to trade a goalie. If there is an expansion draft, deals can be made not to draft a certain player.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:35 PM   #3679
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
There is no guarantee Pittsburgh needs to trade a goalie. If there is an expansion draft, deals can be made not to draft a certain player.
one of their guys wont be happy sitting on the bench...especially if its MAF
Old 05-11-2016, 01:44 PM   #3680
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

If they go with MAF then it'll be a waste to have Murray on the bench and if they go with Murray, MAF will want out. They don't have to make a trade but I think they'd be crazy not to.
Closed Thread