Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Travis Munroe | RealtorŪ & Property Manager
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #21
Tolwyn
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Interesting but overall as much as I've heard about Aspen -- looks somewhat similar to Lake Chaparral, Cranston, New Brighton, etc. as in, small houses that command Estate prices and name but obviously aren't estate class. With a broom, I'm sure you could poke out the window in your neighbour's house! Calgary seriously needs to do something about the distance between buildings -- or do we need a giant fire for the code to change?
Old 11-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #22
Jedi Ninja
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchlandsselling View Post
Aspen confuses me. It's like Tuscany but twice as expensive - and I don't know why. I think it's a bit closer to downtown. But . . . Not that much. It's got a nice Safeway and Aspen Landing is pretty nice. But . . . Not that nice. I really don't get it. I can't afford to live there, but if I was going to spend $750,00 and I've looked around at that price range because unfortunately some neighborhoods I'd like to live in have houses in that range (which means I can't live there) and they're so much more appealing than a box with a backyard facing another box where you can both look into each others box from your kitchen in your box.

Weird - but like a lot of people have said in this thread. To each their own. Just because I don't like it doesn't mean plenty of other people won't.
According to Google maps, it's 19.8km from the centre of the Tuscany circle to downtown (Bow Valley Square.) It's 11.6Km from Aspen Landing to downtown. Its closer to downtown than anything south of the Glenmore Resevoire. That said, so is Springside, and it's only a couple of KM from Aspen, and you can get a house in Springside starting in the $450Ks... albeit an older and less fancy house.

Last edited by Jedi Ninja; 11-15-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:26 PM   #23
Jedi Ninja
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolwyn View Post
Interesting but overall as much as I've heard about Aspen -- looks somewhat similar to Lake Chaparral, Cranston, New Brighton, etc. as in, small houses that command Estate prices and name but obviously aren't estate class. With a broom, I'm sure you could poke out the window in your neighbour's house! Calgary seriously needs to do something about the distance between buildings -- or do we need a giant fire for the code to change?
The City is hoping to push the density in these suburbs even higher. (See "Plan-It Calgary".) So, if they are hoping to do anything about the distance between homes they are hoping to remove it altogether.

Last edited by Jedi Ninja; 11-15-2011 at 07:28 PM.