Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2020, 08:29 PM   #61
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

[QUOTE=rooster;7404197]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Pedro View Post
- Sign Brodie back from 4.5-5 million AAV...term 3-4 years. If he wants to stay here and play with Gio, he needs to accept that term and money. Otherwise, let him walk
- Trade Sam Bennett...gets $2.75 off the books. Guy does NOTHING for this teams bottom six.
- Bring back Janko at the same money he's making now; doesn't have the leverage to ask for more more. Likely headed to Arbitration, but could see the Flames walking away and letting him be a UFA
- Try to sign Mangiapaine long term..key member of the team moving forward
- Try to bring back Talbot if the $$$ make sense; will be a hard sell as he will likely want the chance to be a #1 somewhere
- Let Hamonic walk...asking for too much and is redundant on the backend
- Jury is still out on Gustafsson[/QUOTE Talbot is better then Rittich.

Talbot isn't going to find a #1 slot anywhere. His best chance is a platoon situation - which he has here.
But no one is going to give him a defacto #1 job.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:24 PM   #62
browntrout
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Pedro View Post
- Sign Brodie back from 4.5-5 million AAV...term 3-4 years. If he wants to stay here and play with Gio, he needs to accept that term and money. Otherwise, let him walk
- Trade Sam Bennett...gets $2.75 off the books. Guy does NOTHING for this teams bottom six.
- Bring back Janko at the same money he's making now; doesn't have the leverage to ask for more more. Likely headed to Arbitration, but could see the Flames walking away and letting him be a UFA
- Try to sign Mangiapaine long term..key member of the team moving forward
- Try to bring back Talbot if the $$$ make sense; will be a hard sell as he will likely want the chance to be a #1 somewhere
- Let Hamonic walk...asking for too much and is redundant on the backend
- Jury is still out on Gustafsson
Agree about Brodie potentially getting signed...I think management would entertain this idea if they could get other contact of the books...ie, Bennett, Backlund or Lucic

I would be ok bringing back Janko.... honestly I know he has not had a great year...but he could maybe fill in as a thirdline centre...Ryan for the cost is not worth it. I think it's a given that mangiapaine will be signed even if it's worth more then Bennett.

I have been impressed with Talbot. Dude has been solid, clearly the better goaltender of the two...I would sign him to a three year contract.

I like what hamonic brings to the table...but my concern is that he turns into another sarich or warrener contract on the back end years.

This team will be going hard after Hall. I could easily see him getting 9.5 -10 million here...the team needs to take a gamble...no guarantee that Gaudreau will sign a contract extension here
browntrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 03:48 PM   #63
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

If the Flames sign Hall, they have to trade Gaudreau to plug other holes ASAP. Don't bull a Bouwmeister/Phaneuf mistake again. Grab Hall to be your 1A/1B LW and then move Gaudreau for help in the middle, on the RW, or on the blueline. Trade him to Philly for Frost, Myers, and a 1st, then reap the long-term benefits.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 03:59 PM   #64
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
If the Flames sign Hall, they have to trade Gaudreau to plug other holes ASAP. Don't bull a Bouwmeister/Phaneuf mistake again. Grab Hall to be your 1A/1B LW and then move Gaudreau for help in the middle, on the RW, or on the blueline. Trade him to Philly for Frost, Myers, and a 1st, then reap the long-term benefits.
I dont think Gaudreau will sign another extension in CGY so I am on board with this as well.

I would try to leverage BUFFALO into dealing high end futures for him to appease a most likely very frustrated Jack Eichel.

Gaudreau for Cozens and their 2020 1st assuming they don't win a top 3 pick in the lottery. Tricky though with timing, as the Flames would have to secure Hall's rights during draft week and have him extended prior to trading Johnny.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote