Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2019, 06:03 PM   #181
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Pretty disgusted with how the offence played — the loss rests completely at their feet. Not sure how much of it was play calling versus execution, but you can’t basically go two and out four straight times and expect to shut down a heavy run offence the entire game.

- first drive was two straight bad throws/reads
- get positive yardage on first down, then throw deep to Begelton on a 50/50 ball on second down when you haven’t moved the ball the second half. Lazy read by Bo IMO.
- another time they had second and medium and Bo tried to throw a 12 yard out to the wide side of the field. Another low percentage throw.

By the time Adams scored the TD it was too late. Offence had no momentum and Bo started throwing picks with no more threat of a run game.

Have no idea why Dickenson challenged when he did, and it obviously didn’t work.

Interested to see the replay on the first quarter INT — looked like the defender might have caught it “first” but both players had possession. Is it the first with two hands on the ball or something?

Hope Saskatchewan wins next week so they can get beat by Hamilton on a last second field goal in the Grey Cup.

I had a few coaches over today to watch the game, and when we slowed it down, it was a pick to us, there wasn't enough conclusive evidence to over turn it. Basically it looks like the Bomber made the grab and then the Stamps reached it.

It was a throw that Bo probably shouldn't have made anyways.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2019, 06:06 PM   #182
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
How about the rest of us that have to read your petty little attacks?

Grow up and act your age.
Take your own advice, put me on your ignore list if I bother you that much

Bear in mind, he singled me out first

Last edited by Scorch; 11-10-2019 at 06:10 PM.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:10 PM   #183
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

No execution at all from the offence. Lots of time for Bo, but poor reads and throws, the receiving core wasn’t good enough and our run game was, while not bad, not good enough (not that it has been all season).

Tough to see such a poor result the 2nd half, but now that my feet are warming up and I can feel my nose, I had a fun season.

Now, maybe Sask makes it so we have a fun grey cup, and gets destroyed by the East so we don’t have to hear about it for too long.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:32 PM   #184
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Stamps battled really hard all season, just didn’t have it today. Stamps will be in Regina next November playing for the Grey Cup, I have no doubt
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2019, 06:48 PM   #185
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I had a few coaches over today to watch the game, and when we slowed it down, it was a pick to us, there wasn't enough conclusive evidence to over turn it. Basically it looks like the Bomber made the grab and then the Stamps reached it.

It was a throw that Bo probably shouldn't have made anyways.
That’s exactly how I saw it.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:49 PM   #186
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Last game for Brandon Smith. I salute his great 12 year career.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:50 PM   #187
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Still impressed with how the season went. I am not sure any other team could have lost the quality players the stamps did and still compete. look forward to next year and another good team. lots of good pieces remain
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dirk diggler For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2019, 06:51 PM   #188
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

If Edmonton and Sask make it to the GC, i might have to sell the tickets. Go winnipeg and hamilton
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirk diggler For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2019, 06:56 PM   #189
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
If Edmonton and Sask make it to the GC, i might have to sell the tickets. Go winnipeg and hamilton
If that happens I imagine you’ll have lots of takers. Me, for one.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2019, 07:05 PM   #190
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Yeah stamps ticket holders who want to make money selling their GC tickets should be praying for Sask vs Edmonton. It would do wonders for our hospitality industry in these hurting times too.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 08:23 PM   #191
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Watching Jordan towards the end, you could see him slowing down. If we had more depth at receiver, he probably would have been more effective.

Thanks Smitty for all of your service, enjoy retirement.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:01 PM   #192
Slanter
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I just can't believe how bad Mitchell was. And while I understand why it's hard for DD to yank him, I kind of can't believe he didn't. At the end of the 3rd quarter, we had something like 62 yards passing. I don't think Bo completed a pass in the 3rd, and he was badly underthrowing balls.

Despite that, going into the 4th, the game was still in reach. Shouldn't DD be desperate enough to win, that he's willing to sit his $3M QB? It literally could not have got worse, and not surprisingly, it didn't get much better leaving Bo in. He was obviously not handling the cold.

Throw Arbuckle in, maybe you win, and you can hand the reins right back to Bo next game.

I mean, I get it... But I also don't.

What I do know is that I got the honour of freezing my butt off, watching what had to be Bo's worst game as a pro.
Slanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:15 PM   #193
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanter View Post
I just can't believe how bad Mitchell was. And while I understand why it's hard for DD to yank him, I kind of can't believe he didn't. At the end of the 3rd quarter, we had something like 62 yards passing. I don't think Bo completed a pass in the 3rd, and he was badly underthrowing balls.

Despite that, going into the 4th, the game was still in reach. Shouldn't DD be desperate enough to win, that he's willing to sit his $3M QB? It literally could not have got worse, and not surprisingly, it didn't get much better leaving Bo in. He was obviously not handling the cold.

Throw Arbuckle in, maybe you win, and you can hand the reins right back to Bo next game.

I mean, I get it... But I also don't.

What I do know is that I got the honour of freezing my butt off, watching what had to be Bo's worst game as a pro.
Fair point, although Arbuckle hasn’t taken a meaningful snap in probably two months... kind of hard to put him in that kind of situation. I think if Bo struggles again next year, you’ll see Dickenson make the switch a lot sooner..

Your last sentence is bang on though.

P.S. Arbuckle is a free agent next year? I can see him landing somewhere else — he won’t get much opportunity here so long as Bo is healthy
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:31 PM   #194
Slanter
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Just to clarify my thoughts, I'm not saying that Bo isn't the man going forward. I think he's great, I think he's the perfect match for the style of game DD wants to play, and type of team Huff wants to build. And I'm thrilled we have him for three more years.

I just think you have to want to win that game badly enough to blow it up for a quarter. You make a great point that Arbuckle hadn't had a meaningful snap in 2 months. But again, my argument is just that he could not have been worse than Bo through 3 quarters.
Slanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:50 PM   #195
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Imagine if Bo was a free agent after that game, instead of last year. He would need to burn the tapes.

Pretty unusual to see a QB of his skill make such awful throws. He wasn’t close much of the time. Almost like he was playing hurt.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:51 PM   #196
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

BLM’s day reminded me of Doug flutie and ‘my hands were cold’ from I think 1993 or 1994 playoff game. Same frigid weather. Been a while since I had to stand in the john at halftime to warm up.

We missed Carey today for sure. Excellent adjustments at halftime for Paul lapolice. That’s something our coaches usually get the upper hand at. Full marks to the bombers today
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corral For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2019, 12:40 AM   #197
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was a cold one. Beyond Bo playing some of the worst football I've ever seen of him, the Blue Bombers played a real smart game on offense. They exploited their possessions and finally exhausted the Stamps defense.

Fair play to them, and the fans that I did meet at McMahon, I wish them the best as they take on Saskatchewan.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2019, 10:49 AM   #198
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Bo would only run once in a while maybe we have a chance. But he refuses to. It's the CFL. Run once in a while!!! So annoying. and he is no Doug Flutie. not even close.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:09 AM   #199
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bo is too slow, but yeah it'd still be nice if he would take off the odd time when there is an opening. Keep the D honest.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:00 PM   #200
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Danny Austin
@DannyAustin_9
·
33m
Quote:
Wynton McManis: “I’ll be here next year”
Quote:
Tre Roberson said repeatedly that “As of now, I’m a Calgary Stampeder”
Team has an option to keep him next year, but he wants to explore NFL opportunities if they’re there
Quote:
Don Jackson says he will explore free agency.
Quote:
Eric Rogers says he has another year on his contract and retirement is 100% off the table.

Suffered a high ankle sprain against the Bombers in Week 21, hence why he missed the last two games
Quote:
Nick Arbuckle told me he will explore his options as far as finding a starter job next year.

Obviously, that means his time in Calgary is likely over.
Quote:
Jamar Wall confirms that if the Stampeders want him back, he wants to be back