Old 04-01-2010, 09:55 AM   #1041
Byrns
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyden View Post
http://www.japan-guide.com/

^^^ good site

Impossible to know when the best time to buy your ticket will be, but you can probably safely watch prices throughout most of July/August.

Air Canada just launched the first non stop flights to Tokyo from Calgary, hopefully it will do well. Seeing some decent prices for April (low as $750ish after tax) but nothing like last year unfortunately!
But the Canadian $ is stronger than it was this time last year, so it evens out once you get there.
Byrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:01 AM   #1042
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyshep View Post
Here is what I have put on hold with American Airlines. Keep in mind these are one way fares. Also these, prices have changed a few times during the day today. Its like pulling a roullette wheel!
I find the prices for American air companies is pretty closely tied to how the US dollar is doing. For example, the dollar's taken a bit of a dip the past week or so. What was an excellent deal from Edmonton to Philadelphia earlier this week at $309 after tax is now $239 after tax round trip.
Sidney Crosby's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:36 AM   #1043
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney Crosby's Hat View Post
I find the prices for American air companies is pretty closely tied to how the US dollar is doing. For example, the dollar's taken a bit of a dip the past week or so. What was an excellent deal from Edmonton to Philadelphia earlier this week at $309 after tax is now $239 after tax round trip.
Philly is down to $239 ?!

Wow, I saw it drop to $309, which was pretty cheap in and of itself. Just looked, and you are absolutely correct sir.

It's also the same price for Charlotte.

The amazing thing to me about those United fares is that they're even valid on peak, peak, dates, such as Christmas.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax

Last edited by cmyden; 04-01-2010 at 11:40 AM.
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:49 AM   #1044
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Air Canada just put out a promo code for 10% off flights anywhere they fly in Canada and select U.S. cities:

The code is: QFN7ZN91

Fort Lauderdale
Orlando
Miami
Tampa
Las Vegas
Honolulu
Kahului
Phoenix
Palm Springs
San Francisco
Los Angeles

This is only for travel between now and June 29th. The code expires at midnight tonight.

The code is QFN7ZN91

Details: http://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/a.../discount.html

Now let's sit back and wait for WestJet to match it...

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
Old 04-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #1045
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Philly is down to $239 ?!

Wow, I saw it drop to $309, which was pretty cheap in and of itself. Just looked, and you are absolutely correct sir.

It's also the same price for Charlotte.

The amazing thing to me about those United fares is that they're even valid on peak, peak, dates, such as Christmas.
Yep. I keep trying to convince someone to go before the fares run out. Got my brother thinking about it. Another buddy of mine would go but he's in Winnipeg and no flight deals from there out east sadly (Newark at $441 is the best we can find).
Old 04-01-2010, 01:02 PM   #1046
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney Crosby's Hat View Post
Yep. I keep trying to convince someone to go before the fares run out. Got my brother thinking about it. Another buddy of mine would go but he's in Winnipeg and no flight deals from there out east sadly (Newark at $441 is the best we can find).
You can even go over New Year's, fly to Philly, drive to New York. Awesome deal.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #1047
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You can even go over New Year's, fly to Philly, drive to New York. Awesome deal.
Didn't even think of that! Edmonton-Newark is cheap right now too ($365) but that stops around December 7.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:20 PM   #1048
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Calgary to Phoenix - $207 after tax, roundtrip

Departure: Apr 23, 26
Returning: Apr 28, 29, 30

Look for the $49/each way flights (before tax) Can see them at http://www.WestJet.com

Old 04-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #1049
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Calgary to Sydney, Australia $870 after tax, roundtrip

It's been a long time since we've seen flights to Australia this cheap. The flights are on Delta, and seem to be available at this price for April and May.

Departing on Friday and coming home on Sunday seems to offer the cheapest price. April 30 to May 16 for example.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:55 AM   #1050
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Calgary to Sydney, Australia $870 after tax, roundtrip

It's been a long time since we've seen flights to Australia this cheap. The flights are on Delta, and seem to be available at this price for April and May.

Departing on Friday and coming home on Sunday seems to offer the cheapest price. April 30 to May 16 for example.
I think United has a similar sale going on too.
wooohooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #1051
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Wow that is a awesome deal. I really want to check out Australia
Old 04-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #1052
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any good deals for a round trip direct to Palm Springs coming up?
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:35 PM   #1053
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooohooo View Post
I think United has a similar sale going on too.
United has been hovering at around $1072 after tax for a little while. That's still a fairly decent price to Australia (and was the best price available until today), but $870 is, well, an excellent one.

Maybe we'll see a response from another airline to Delta's cuts today. The cuts were from virtually all cities that Delta uses, San Francisco - > Sydney was down to $675 return.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:40 PM   #1054
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Any good deals for a round trip direct to Palm Springs coming up?
When those $200 flights to Phoenix on WestJet came out yesterday, it was the $49/each way flights (before tax) that you want to look for.

Palm Springs had some of the $49 flights going there, but not on the way back. I find they just pop up every now and again on WestJet though so it can be worth checking every now and then.

April 23-29 looks cheapest at the moment, $290 after tax.

The Following User Says Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #1055
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

That Sydney price is insane. That's half of what paid last September, and I thought that was a good deal.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:06 PM   #1056
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

What makes that Sydney price even better is that you're getting there for a beautiful time of year, I loved the fall in Sydney. If I was on the west coast (and not employed) I'd be gone in a second.
valo403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:34 AM   #1057
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Hey Cmyden,

I got another favor to ask of you... I should really take you out for a few beers or something!

I'm looking for flight deals from Calgary to Madrid on Oct 3rd and coming back from Barcelona to calgary on October 25th. What are some good prices for this? Thanks again!
Old 04-03-2010, 06:26 PM   #1058
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Calgary to Phoenix - $188 after tax, roundtrip

This is far from the first time I've seen cheap flights to Phoenix, but this is definitely the absolute cheapest I've ever seen it.

US Airways has direct flights for $188 after tax and it looks like Air Canada is matching at not much more.

Here are some of the date combinations that give this price:

April 17-24
April 20-27, or 21-28
April 25 - May 2, or April 26 to May 3
May 8-15
May 15-22

etc, etc.

Mostly Saturday or Tue/Wed departures, for around a week. Available throughout April and May.

Looks like WestJet has some as well. 3-4 day trips available too.

Old 04-04-2010, 01:59 AM   #1059
bcsoda
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Seen anything good for Amsterdam? I have no real restrictions in regards to dates, but would prefer something a month or more away.
bcsoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #1060
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Calgary to Los Angeles to Singapore - $875 after tax roundtrip

Delta has dropped the price of their flights from LAX to Singapore to $600 after tax, roundtrip, for flights near the end of April and into the beginning of May. April 28 to May 12 for example.

You would need to book two separate roundtrip flights, but LAX is routinely one of the cheaper airports to get to from Calgary. You can find flights on Delta or WestJet during that same time period for $267 after tax.

April 27 to May 13 for example is $267 on Delta. Even if you had to stay in a cheap hotel in Los Angeles on both ends of your trip it could be worth it. Or think of it as a combination vacation.