Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2019, 09:53 AM   #41
Travis Munroe
Realtor®

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
You and I have different opinions on what "inner city" is, I suppose... I mean, surly that's north of Glenmore, at minimum, right?
"borderline"

To me, anything north of Glenmore is inner city.

Then Haysboro to me is borderline inner city.

As more is developed out, my line for borderline inner city stretches a bit too while inner city will always be north of Glenmore.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Travis Munroe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2019, 09:53 AM   #42
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
. we bought just north of Dalhousie .
Why so far away?....

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2019, 09:55 AM   #43
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
...that escalated quickly.

I was just asking, as Seton is as far away as you can get from central, so if you have to get anywhere north of the inner city, you’re in for a long commute and don’t have a train line to help with that. He gave a good reason (close to family) and you’ll notice I didn’t press the issue. The reason for asking was that, if it was just financial, there are other pockets in the city that might meet his needs and I was hoping to provide some insight from my own search to alleviate some stress (since as I said, house hunting SUCKS).

I don’t even live inner city, we bought just north of Dalhousie after being priced out of the inner city and I love it. Takes me 20-30 to drive to work and a 40-50 transit commute. Easy on the trigger finger, bud.
Not to go full Airdrie, but the commute from the deep south isn't that bad. I get from that area to Eau Claire in 25-35 mins average.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:56 AM   #44
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just "north of Dalhousie" is Edgemont, is it not? Why not just say "Edgemont"?
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:56 AM   #45
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Munroe View Post
"borderline"

To me, anything north of Glenmore is inner city.

Then Haysboro to me is borderline inner city.

As more is developed out, my line for borderline inner city stretches a bit too while inner city will always be north of Glenmore.

Interesting - I would have thought inner city is between 16th Ave NW, 17th Ave SW, Crowchild and Deerfoot. Could maybe extend to 33 Ave SW and Northmount Dr.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Calgary/com...ty_parameters/

Last edited by troutman; 01-16-2019 at 09:59 AM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:00 AM   #46
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Just "north of Dalhousie" is Edgemont, is it not? Why not just say "Edgemont"?
I was going to ask the same thing. I assume to sound closer to inner city than he actually is?

He could be in Ranchlands, Hawkwood, Citadel, Hamptons too. Even Sherwood, Nolan Hill, Kincora, Sage Hill and still be north of it.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:01 AM   #47
Handsome B. Wonderful
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
I think our next move is to start offering people 8% below list and try and get 5-6% below asking and see if a long bomb hits. I've put on the FIFA 14 soundtrack and am back at work on the realtor sites.
This strikes me as the worst possible way to find a place to live. Are you even actually going to the houses? I'd think you'd be able to answer the smell question yourself if you were.
Handsome B. Wonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Handsome B. Wonderful For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2019, 10:01 AM   #48
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Interesting - I would have thought inner city is between 16th Ave NW, 17th Ave SW, Crowchild and Deerfoot. Could maybe extend to 33 Ave SW and Northmount Dr.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Calgary/com...ty_parameters/
The south end of the city is beyond 210 ave. I'd definitely agree with TM that Glenmore is where people consider inner city to start. Windsor park has been getting redeveloped for years now.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2019, 10:01 AM   #49
Travis Munroe
Realtor®

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
It's not for everyone, for certain (but only about 7-8% of the overall offering)

This example is from Stapleton in Denver. We have the same master urban designer. They've been quite successful there - it's low maintenance since it's owned and maintained by a condo/HOA. These little pods have quite a strong community feel.

Here's a few real life examples from there:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/St...4d-104.8907792

https://www.google.com/maps/place/St...4d-104.8907792

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7916...7i13312!8i6656

Timeline is construction throughout 2020, with first occupancies Spring 2021.

So not really a dog friendly concept with a fenced in yard? I think that the lack of a private yard would make for a challenge on the sales side. It is a glorified row style townhome.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 01-16-2019, 10:03 AM   #50
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

How about Lake Chapparal? It doesn’t take much time to get to Cranston from here. Just jump on Stoney and take the next exit
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:03 AM   #51
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
This strikes me as the worst possible way to find a place to live. Are you even actually going to the houses? I'd think you'd be able to answer the smell question yourself if you were.
We are going to the houses.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:04 AM   #52
Bunk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So not really a dog friendly concept with a fenced in yard? I think that the lack of a private yard would make for a challenge on the sales side. It is a glorified row style townhome.
They are wide enough there will still be a small private fenced area. These are detached.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:07 AM   #53
Travis Munroe
Realtor®

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
They are wide enough there will still be a small private fenced area. These are detached.
Sorry, i wasn't clear but by glorified, I meant they are larger and detached but not having a yard puts it more in line with a row townhouse than a detached home with a yard. Thx for clarifying that they have small private fenced areas.... I now picture it being along the lines of those properties in the newer areas which appear to be a detached lane garage home when looking at it from the front but in reality, the garage is actually attached and structure is covering the entire lot with the exception of a small courtyard space in the middle off to the side?

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 01-16-2019, 10:10 AM   #54
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Sorry, i wasn't clear but by glorified, I meant they are larger and detached but not having a yard puts it more in line with a row townhouse than a detached home with a yard. Thx for clarifying that they have small private fenced areas.... I now picture it being along the lines of those properties in the newer areas which appear to be a detached lane garage home when looking at it from the front but in reality, the garage is actually attached and structure is covering the entire lot with the exception of a small courtyard space in the middle off to the side?
Like places in Evanston where once you have a garage build in the back you have like 5 feet of space between the house and the garage?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:13 AM   #55
Bunk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
In our plan, the orientations are quite varied on these park fronting units - so private yard space (off the side/back) of these units will vary quite a bit lot-to-lot. People will choose depending on their priorities.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:20 AM   #56
Bunk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Like places in Evanston where once you have a garage build in the back you have like 5 feet of space between the house and the garage?
On the normal slim-laned homes, one thing we're doing is moving the house much closer to the front of the lot. Since we have streets with treed boulevards, the distance from the front of the house to the curb of the actual roadway is still a fair distance - when you just have a mono-walk sidewalk with no boulevard, this is less attractive. People don't seem to care much about front yard space, so we think people would prefer that trade-off in the service of having a bit more backyard.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:29 AM   #57
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Why so far away?....
Close to the train line, work is a manageable distance for us both, and the intersection between price-square footage-location was hard to beat for us.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:44 AM   #58
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
So far from what? Trolling for another inner city vs. suburbia debate? I get it. You're one of those people that lives in a little bubble where everyone works downtown and wants to walk to the bar every night.

Got some breaking news for you, Pepsi: some people would rather live close to schools (new ones) in newer homes that require less maintenance, with more square footage, close to shopping centres, and pay less money on their mortgage.

I know, it's a tough concept to comprehend, but I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out one day. Keep trying, bud.
Someone need a hug this morning?
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:57 AM   #59
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
Someone need a hug this morning?
No thanks. I feel better after giving pepsi a little smack to the back of the head. His trolling is getting pretty lame.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 11:01 AM   #60
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
No thanks. I feel better after giving pepsi a little smack to the back of the head. His trolling is getting pretty lame.
It only appears to have trolled you.

I’d dial down your sensitivity meter from 11 before you go trying to give internet “smacks” and end up hitting yourself in the face.

Asking questions to understand what someone is looking is how you give relevant advice. I’m honestly sorry if “so far away” triggered you, lazy wording on my part, but you’re being ridiculous about it.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post: