Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-07-2018, 11:57 AM   #241
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
A lady at work brought her two puppies in.
Doesn't she every day
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to brocoli For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2018, 12:05 PM   #242
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
A lady at work brought her two puppies in.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:27 PM   #243
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

We have an old crappy treadmill, which was starting to die.

My wife found one listed on Kijiji for free, so I picked it up this week. The guy said he was considering just throwing it out, as they had bought a new one, but decided to list it for free on Kijiji.

It’s something like 20 years old, but it appears to work perfectly,and you can tell it was a good quality machine when it was new. They guy I picked it up from said it was $2400 new when he bought it 20 years ago.

Getting a major upgrade for free really makes me happy.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:00 AM   #244
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
A small thing, but not having facebook, and not having to deal with toxic people on there really makes me happy. Especially with two elections looming large. I deleted it all over a year ago, and it has made my life and relationships with friends and family so much better.

Social media is only as toxic as you make it. I've removed everyone that posts stupid political or religious ####, including family members. Now the only people on my feed are those that actually post interesting things. I check once a day, keep up with remote friends and family, and that's it. I'd say to anyone that goes off about Facebook and how bad it is, and how much better off they are without it, it's only a symptom of a larger issue
Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:33 AM   #245
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
A small thing, but not having facebook, and not having to deal with toxic people on there really makes me happy. Especially with two elections looming large. I deleted it all over a year ago, and it has made my life and relationships with friends and family so much better.
I got off Facebook about 11 years ago when people my age group just started to post about their babies and weddings, rather than the previous pictures of hot girls and cool trip pictures I was accustomed to.

Facebook seems like an absolute cesspool of negativity these days.

I'm only twitter where I follow 1) soccer news 2) people who post helpful cases from my career field (law)

Last edited by Johnny199r; 12-08-2018 at 09:36 AM.
Johnny199r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:43 AM   #246
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

I signed off Facebook earlier in the year and haven’t missed it. More drifts out every day about Zuckerburg’s malfesance if not malevolence. Couldn’t have it.

Then I unfollowed Candace Owens on twitter and 90% of the crapola on my feed disappeared. Go figure.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:48 AM   #247
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh totally. I NEVER use it, but keep it installed on my phone simply for the upcoming birthday notifications because I'm a forgetful fellow. Facebook has been lame for years
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:57 PM   #248
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

i just found out that one of my favourite bands (volbeat) is coming to penticton in april! soooooo pumped!!!!

tickets go on sale this friday.... looks like christmas is coming a little early
Old 12-10-2018, 01:01 PM   #249
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

They put on a good show. Kind of surprised they are playing in Penticton TBH. Wouldn't Kelowna make more sense or is it a venue availability thing?
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:19 PM   #250
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
They put on a good show. Kind of surprised they are playing in Penticton TBH. Wouldn't Kelowna make more sense or is it a venue availability thing?
i have no clue about venue availability?

i am amazed at some of the shows that have gone to penticton over the last number of years...
doobie brothers (this was probably my favourite concert i've been to - it was AWESOME!)
ringo starr & his all-starr band
don henley
john fogerty
bad company
megadeth
tragically hip
chicago
bb king
foreigner
mellencamp (although he was just in kelowna last month)

other big names (just not my style of music)
eric church
rihanna
carrie underwood
Old 12-11-2018, 08:51 AM   #251
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

I've been stressing out over one of my boy's gifts on his Santa list. Couldn't find it anywhere. It should have been an easy thing to locate but it was sold out everywhere (Jurassic World T-rex figure). Anyway, I went back on Toys r Us.ca just now and there it was! Thank ####. The kid will believe for one more year.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:59 AM   #252
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
I've been stressing out over one of my boy's gifts on his Santa list. Couldn't find it anywhere. It should have been an easy thing to locate but it was sold out everywhere (Jurassic World T-rex figure). Anyway, I went back on Toys r Us.ca just now and there it was! Thank ####. The kid will believe for one more year.
This one?
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index....ctId=138071236

It's cheaper on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.ca/Jurassic-World...82622146&psc=1
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:57 AM   #253
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Nope. He's getting that one too, though.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:43 AM   #254
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I did the same. There's a lot of relief in it. More energy retained to expend on other things, which is good when you don't have a huge energy reserve to begin with. I hope more people decide to switch off and instead pick up their phone and call their friends for more face to face.

Mind you, it takes a few months to kick the addictive instinct to turn it on, but once you're past that you're home free.

Just staying away from things like politics and facebook goes a long way to helping you preserve your energy and inner peace, and not split your energy from better things that have direct value to your day.

Who ever came out of a political discussion with people that have varying views on those subjects ever feeling energized or uplifted? Never happens.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:05 PM   #255
socalwingfan
Retired

Exp:

Corner Gas on Amazon Prime makes me extremely happy!!
socalwingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to socalwingfan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2018, 05:34 PM   #256
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalwingfan View Post
Corner Gas on Amazon Prime makes me extremely happy!!
I've been watching the Animated series on Crave. Love it so far.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:43 PM   #257
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc-chris View Post
i just found out that one of my favourite bands (volbeat) is coming to penticton in april! soooooo pumped!!!!

tickets go on sale this friday.... looks like christmas is coming a little early
Nice! They do a good show. I've seen them twice and the latest one was my favourite. Bringing in Rob Caggiano sure changed the way their live shows feel, for the better. That guy is a beast of a guitarist
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 09:35 PM   #258
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

wrmmh... earlier today my little guy (he's 3) was a tad upset becuz "i want to match daddy!!!"
so we went down stairs and got his flames jersey and he put it on

it's also awesome when the flames score... he runs to the center of the room staring at the budweiser red light. as soon as it lights up his hands go up and he belts out, "YEEEAAAAA!!!! GOOOOOAAAAAAAL!!!!"

it NEVER gets old!
Old 12-17-2018, 01:59 AM   #259
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

My favourite bike had been out of commission for a good while as the bottom bracket was in need of servicing and I needed to get replacement parts shipped from Japan and get the needed tools etc. to do the work on it. I ended up getting more than just the bottom bracket and replaced a bunch of components. Now the bike is running perfectly again.

It is so smooth and silent that it kind of freaks me out. Friction-less and silent riding. Like a silent knife through the air. Really makes me happy to be riding it again. I had almost forgotten how much I love it.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:26 AM   #260
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Two of my most used apps updated with great new features.

Feedly (RSS feed app) Finally implemented continuous scrolling and a proper unread count. This was its major weakness compared to Google Reader which it was replacing.

Then I just noticed today that tapatalk finally implemented spoiler tag support. Good start to the day!
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote