Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-14-2019, 07:23 PM   #41
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I went with Post #26 method last year and I luv it. Have 4 set up in my man cave. That method allows me to change Jerseys throughout the year depending on the season and players I want to promote or ones that are good luck charms. Can also move the location around with the hooks.

Thanks tvp2003!!
14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:16 PM   #42
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury18 View Post
I believe the large jersey ones are $219.99. They have another size down which also holds a jersey for I think $149.99.
I got the smaller ones when they had a 2 for 1 deal; around $150 for both sounds about right.

Here's my Lanny up proudly in my Vancouver real estate office

Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:37 PM   #43
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just as an update - we did end up looking at Michaels for this, as the cheapest quote we got was for $550, which is more than one of the parties wanted to spend...well, and myself included.

We ended up buying a shadow box from Michaels that was on sale for $120, and they did the actual framing in that box for around $90 additional, so $210 all-in. They don't really advertise that, as they want to do the customs, but I just picked it up today, and it looks great. Flames jersey with all player signatures 2018-2019.
MillerTime GFG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MillerTime GFG For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2019, 03:53 PM   #44
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime GFG View Post
Just as an update - we did end up looking at Michaels for this, as the cheapest quote we got was for $550, which is more than one of the parties wanted to spend...well, and myself included.

We ended up buying a shadow box from Michaels that was on sale for $120, and they did the actual framing in that box for around $90 additional, so $210 all-in. They don't really advertise that, as they want to do the customs, but I just picked it up today, and it looks great. Flames jersey with all player signatures 2018-2019.
Can you post a pic?
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:55 AM   #45
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

SIZE

Not a great photo, as I was just taking a quick one to send it to my brothers after I picked it up.

NSFW!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MillerTime GFG For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2019, 08:57 AM   #46
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

And now the interwebs knows what I look like.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:16 PM   #47
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
I shared this on another forum but thought I would post it here as well. Cheap alternative to displaying a jersey in a shadowbox/frame; they were intended for larger "game" jerseys but could be used for smaller jerseys as well:

Made with an ikea curtain rod and an extra large binder clip -- cost me less than $3.00. Here are the instructions:

Spoiler!
Thanks for sharing this. I plan on framing some when I develop my basement but until then they're just hung on coathagers in my spare room and look like crap. I'll definitely change to this method
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 01:35 PM   #48
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Thanks for sharing this. I plan on framing some when I develop my basement but until then they're just hung on coathagers in my spare room and look like crap. I'll definitely change to this method
No problem. I've found that method works better for the old CCM style jerseys (versus the more tapered Reebok Edge style jerseys). So you might want to tinker with the "bar" that goes across, especially if you have a smaller jersey (the one I have displayed is an authentic size 56, so the ikea curtain rod I used ended up being the perfect length).
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 02:03 PM   #49
Tiger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I did this shadow box, it is awesome looking