Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #41
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

How do ya like them apples?

Last edited by Sainters7; 11-03-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Sainters7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #42
kyuusei
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I haven't even beat Revelations but I really wanna get this. Is the PS3 version really that much worse than 360? That's kind of a bummer...

Last edited by kyuusei; 11-03-2012 at 01:01 AM.
kyuusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:30 AM   #43
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just glitchier, supposedly. Can't speak for everybody, that's just the word on the street. I'm sure a patch will help it soon enough, they already released a big one for day 1.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #44
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Navel training was awesome. Can't wait to play more missions on the boat
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #45
miraisoup
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Yeah the boat was bad ass, loved that. I kinda wish the mail missions didn't exist but oh well.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #46
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm seeing spikes and crazy texture issues on my ps3. Happens on revelations too. Am I awaiting the YLOD?
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #47
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
I'm seeing spikes and crazy texture issues on my ps3. Happens on revelations too. Am I awaiting the YLOD?
i have the PS3 version and am noticing no issues
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #48
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
i have the PS3 version and am noticing no issues
Yeah. Googling suggests I may need a new ps3. 4th one in 5 years sure makes the warranty seem good
Old 11-05-2012, 12:02 AM   #49
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

This game is like the never ending tutorial. Even when it 'opens up' in sequence 6 every mission is still just learning some new gameplay device. I'm almost 7 hours in and still getting tutorials!
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:06 AM   #50
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
This game is like the never ending tutorial. Even when it 'opens up' in sequence 6 every mission is still just learning some new gameplay device. I'm almost 7 hours in and still getting tutorials!
I'm with you that the game takes forever to open up, but it becomes amazing after that. Seems you are really not enjoying it though. I spent 3 hours doing navel battles and exploring and it was fantastic. Seriously, those ship battles has me leaning over with the ship and ducking incoming fire. Up there with the most fun I've had in a game this year.
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #51
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

so as i set out on my own as Connor for the first time to get my assassin training, i'm immediately mauled by a cougar on the mountain as a round a corner. manage to take it out, descend down a bit, then i'm attacked by a pack of wolves. killed about half a dozen of them i think, then take my time a bit more while exploring. i do a killer dive off of a huge cliff into a lake, get out of the water and am immediately in a fight for my life with 2 bears

walking around the colonial frontier is more dangerous than the Fallout wastelands. at least i made a nice chunk of change selling all the furs that i collected in that short time
Old 11-05-2012, 01:07 AM   #52
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Game looks and sounds awesome. As for the tutorial thing, I don't even mind that, usually that means your are going to be immersed later. Really the only reason I don't like it is when it's easy enough to do the tutorials and you're like, 'I coulda figured this out myself.' As long as one is still learning, I don't mind, and actually prefer a long curve.

Was thinking of picking it up in a week or two, but might wait till I get my new TV. Current on is a tube TV and it's really starting to show it's age on these new fangled games. So that will probably mean waiting until after Christmas, maybe there will be some killer sales on.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:36 AM   #53
MyFlamesFirst
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Game really opens up. I am actually having the most fun with the homestead missions and assassination contracts. Its kind of fun building your own town and trying to complete your encyclopedia. You will notice the lumberjacks are completely lazy tho and are always fishing or looking at a wheel on their car. I am on sequence nine and have put about the same amount of time in non-main missions then main missions. I have it for the PS3 and I do have to say their is a lot of glitches tho. No major ones just dumb little things like being able to put body's in animals, and people sitting in air. Theirs a ton of little things like that but it doesn't take away from the game. It actually adds humour sometimes.
MyFlamesFirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #54
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I am really enjoying this game so far and I haven't got out of Sequence 6 yet.. so I imagine it gets even better.

The combat is a lot of fun and I love when the Red Coats look at me sideways and I have the freedom to just kick the crap out of them.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #55
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I am really enjoying this game so far and I haven't got out of Sequence 6 yet.. so I imagine it gets even better.

The combat is a lot of fun and I love when the Red Coats look at me sideways and I have the freedom to just kick the crap out of them.
when i was still playing as Haythan i managed to kill an entire formation of redcoats walking along a road without actually getting into full out combat. sneaking up behind them and working my way through the group with the silent blade, only the last man standing actually realized what was happening. was pretty funny to see almost all the bodies still in the same formation
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #56
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-bo09 View Post
I'm with you that the game takes forever to open up, but it becomes amazing after that. Seems you are really not enjoying it though. I spent 3 hours doing navel battles and exploring and it was fantastic. Seriously, those ship battles has me leaning over with the ship and ducking incoming fire. Up there with the most fun I've had in a game this year.
The ship parts have actually been really sweet. Definitely my favorite part so far. Flesh it out a bit more and it could be it's own entire separate game.

I'm enjoying it to a point, but I just feel like I'm waiting for it to get really good. If I really hated it I wouldn't have played it even this much it's just... average. There's nothing exciting... aside from the naval stuff, the missions are dull, the story isn't very compelling, it takes way too long to get going, glitches, weird control issues, too many disjointed gameplay elements...
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #57
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFlamesFirst View Post
Game really opens up. I am actually having the most fun with the homestead missions and assassination contracts. Its kind of fun building your own town and trying to complete your encyclopedia. You will notice the lumberjacks are completely lazy tho and are always fishing or looking at a wheel on their car. I am on sequence nine and have put about the same amount of time in non-main missions then main missions. I have it for the PS3 and I do have to say their is a lot of glitches tho. No major ones just dumb little things like being able to put body's in animals, and people sitting in air. Theirs a ton of little things like that but it doesn't take away from the game. It actually adds humour sometimes.
I dove into a rock and couldn't get our. Had to restart
Old 11-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #58
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
so as i set out on my own as Connor for the first time to get my assassin training, i'm immediately mauled by a cougar on the mountain as a round a corner. manage to take it out, descend down a bit, then i'm attacked by a pack of wolves. killed about half a dozen of them i think, then take my time a bit more while exploring. i do a killer dive off of a huge cliff into a lake, get out of the water and am immediately in a fight for my life with 2 bears

walking around the colonial frontier is more dangerous than the Fallout wastelands. at least i made a nice chunk of change selling all the furs that i collected in that short time
I forgot, where do I sell furs again?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #59
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

^
Shops, its just the British pound currency sign on the map (don't have that option on my keypad, I'm sure you know what I mean). Also moving carts in the Frontier have it as well. I know, they didn't do a great job showing you where they are, and there's not a lot of them.

It's actually kind of ironic given how long the starting tutorials were through all those first sequences, that one of the complaints I'm hearing in this game is they didn't explain side options enough (Homestead crafting/artisans missions, Assassin recruiting which I still haven't figured out). Took me a bit to figure out the whole crafting thing but I got er down now.

Last edited by Sainters7; 11-05-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #60
miraisoup
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Couldn't you just go into the options goto HUD and disable the controls so you don't see them anymore? Might get rid of at least one annoyance for you.