Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2021, 08:57 PM   #161
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
If you're taking Ambien then you are obviously struggling to sleep, so who knows when he took it? Might have taken one at 3am and he would still be in the effects zone at the time of the crash.
This is true. When my insomnia was at its worst I would take a sleep pill at 4 am sometimes, even though I had to work at 8.
The panic that sets in when you are going on your 2nd straight night of no sleep can cause you to make really bad choices.
I've never taken Ambien though. that sh** will eff you up.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:16 PM   #162
Slanter
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I read in one of the reports that came out today that they think he might have hit the accelerator by accident instead of the brake. Doesn't explain the high speed to start with, but maybe is an alternative to the fell asleep hypothesis.
Slanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:24 PM   #163
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is suicide out of the question given he didn't hit the brakes?
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:43 PM   #164
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Is suicide out of the question given he didn't hit the brakes?
Hate to think about it, but that would be a good reason that the police originally didn't want to release information for privacy reasons and the guy has had his struggles.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:02 AM   #165
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Weren't there earlier reports that this was a stretch of road where drivers regularly sped?
D as in David is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 07:07 AM   #166
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Tiger Woods rules out return to golf's summit - and reveals fear over losing his leg

Quote:
“I think something that is realistic is playing the Tour one day - never full time, ever again - but pick and choose, just like Mr [Ben] Hogan did. Pick and choose a few events a year and you play around that,” Woods said.

“You practice around that, and you gear yourself up for that. I think that’s how I’m going to have to play it from now on. It’s an unfortunate reality, but it’s my reality. And I understand it, and I accept it.”
Quote:
“There was a point in time when, I wouldn’t say it was 50/50, but it was damn near there if I was going to walk out of that hospital with one leg. It’s a pretty nice house I’ve built for myself, but I hadn’t been able to do the one thing I love to do: I love to go outside and just be outside. Sometimes I just crutch and lay on the grass for an hour because I want to be outside. Missing the contact of a golf ball hit properly is one of the better feelings.”
Quote:
“There’s a lot to look forward to, a lot of hard work to be done—being patient and progressing at a pace that is aggressive but not over the top. Obviously, when I get in the gym and I get flowing and the endorphins get going, I want to go, go, go,” he said.

“That’s how I’ve been able to win so many tournaments. But then again, everyone reminds me at what cost? Look at you now. Pre-accident I was what? Ten surgeries. That’s just the wear and tear of doing my sport, of just trying to push it to win everything I possibly can.
Quote:
“To win every single tournament I played in, I would do everything I possibly could. Like any sport, there’s a cost to it. There’s a cost of doing business and unfortunately, for sportsmen and sportswomen, injuries are a part of it.”
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/tig...203005673.html
Old 11-30-2021, 12:11 PM   #167
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

still boggles my mind that he was driving alone at what - 7am or so.