Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-21-2019, 10:00 AM   #681
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player
 
Puppet Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: the dark side of Sesame Street
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterpants View Post
Would be so awesome if they brought him out and he had the voice of an angel.


__________________
"whatever happened to all the fun in the world?"

- Frank Zappa
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Puppet Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 10:02 AM   #682
GioforPM
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Springbank
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterpants View Post
Would be so awesome if they brought him out and he had the voice of an angel.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 10:28 AM   #683
Funkhouser
Scoring Winger
 
Funkhouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: MTL
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Couldnt agree more. He didnt stylize it, he didnt aggrandize it, he just sang the anthems and then left.

Perfect.

He may have been fast, but that fake twang accent was awful to hear. Find me a cowboy north of the 49 who speaks like that naturally and I'll eat my hat.
Funkhouser is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Funkhouser For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 10:31 AM   #684
shniper
Backup Goalie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Exp:
Default

Great news!!! Now if we could only ditch Cassie Campbell, this might be the best season ever!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp889 View Post
I've been to Detroit. It's like God sh*t on a parking lot.
shniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shniper For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 10:31 AM   #685
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up
 
Scroopy Noopers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Ontario, unfortunately.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkhouser View Post
He may have been fast, but that fake twang accent was awful to hear. Find me a cowboy north of the 49 who speaks like that naturally and I'll eat my hat.
Does Mariah Carey speak like a dolphin?

The constant confusion between speaking voice and singing voice blows me away.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:37 AM   #686
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre
 
Trailer Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The Armpit of BC: Trail
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shniper View Post
Great news!!! Now if we could only ditch Cassie Campbell, this might be the best season ever!
I really don't understand the hate for Cassie. She is well spoken, pretty insightful, and had pretty good chemistry with Ball last year.

As for Canyon, he breezed through the anthems, and that's all I can ask for. Short, and simple.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
__________________
Disregard any and all THANKS I give. I'm a dirty, dirty thanks-whore.
Trailer Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:37 AM   #687
badradio
Powerplay Quarterback
 
badradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
I was far from a George Canyon fan but I always appreciated how quickly he got through the anthems. He never made it about himself. Whoever they hire to replace him, those qualities should be priority #1.
Unless it’s Lexi, she can take as long as she wants... longer the better... jks
badradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:46 AM   #688
theTrumanShow
Crash and Bang Winger
 
theTrumanShow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Fire View Post
I really don't understand the hate for Cassie. She is well spoken, pretty insightful, and had pretty good chemistry with Ball last year.

As for Canyon, he breezed through the anthems, and that's all I can ask for. Short, and simple.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Her voice reminds me of Social Studies in grade 7. Yawn.
__________________
As of today, the Canucks are paying Booth, Roberto Luongo and Keith Ballard not to play for them, John Tortorella not to coach them, and Gillis not to be the GM.

June 17, 2014
theTrumanShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:50 AM   #689
the_only_turek_fan
Franchise Player
 
the_only_turek_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Exp:
Default

I hope he wins the seat he is running for.

That is more important than who is going to sing the anthem.
__________________

the_only_turek_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to the_only_turek_fan For This Useful Post:
JBR
Old 08-21-2019, 10:51 AM   #690
shniper
Backup Goalie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Fire View Post
I really don't understand the hate for Cassie. She is well spoken, pretty insightful, and had pretty good chemistry with Ball last year.

As for Canyon, he breezed through the anthems, and that's all I can ask for. Short, and simple.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

She is constantly talking and never really says anything worthwhile in my opinion. Sometimes it's nice to listen to the crowd or the blades gliding along the ice for a few seconds. She always has to fill every second with her monotone drivel. I didn't mind her at first until I actually started paying attention to her nonsense.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp889 View Post
I've been to Detroit. It's like God sh*t on a parking lot.
shniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shniper For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 10:52 AM   #691
dissentowner
Franchise Player
 
dissentowner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SW Ontario
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theTrumanShow View Post
Her voice reminds me of Social Studies in grade 7. Yawn.
That and she will sometimes say the most ridiculous things.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:52 AM   #692
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000
 
Toonage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Exp:
Default

Unless Cassie is singing the anthem I don't see why she is being discussed.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 10:54 AM   #693
shniper
Backup Goalie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Unless Cassie is singing the anthem I don't see why she is being discussed.

Boy, aren't you fun.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp889 View Post
I've been to Detroit. It's like God sh*t on a parking lot.
shniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:27 AM   #694
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player
 
Hanna Sniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
My suggestion has always been to open the gig up to kids at various vocal schools and choirs. Kids singing always goes over well, and they are almost always very good.
Please no, be a professional organization and not a minor league one. Hire someone for the position. If its a child that get the gig, let he/she run and grow with the position.

I understand that anthem singing isn't for everyone, but please don't ruin it for the ones that still tune in for it
__________________
- Say No to Vertical Video -
Hanna Sniper is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hanna Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 11:37 AM   #695
GioforPM
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Springbank
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna Sniper View Post
Please no, be a professional organization and not a minor league one. Hire someone for the position. If its a child that get the gig, let he/she run and grow with the position.

I understand that anthem singing isn't for everyone, but please don't ruin it for the ones that still tune in for it
Most kids in serious vocal studies are way ahead of most anthem singers I've heard in talent and technique. A lot are already in profession stage productions around town.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:41 AM   #696
_Q_
First Line Centre
 
_Q_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Why are we bumping a thread announcing that George Canyon will be the new anthem singer in order to announce that George Canyon will no longer be the anthem singer? This is such a weird CP only trend .
_Q_ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to _Q_ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 11:53 AM   #697
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player
 
Hanna Sniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Most kids in serious vocal studies are way ahead of most anthem singers I've heard in talent and technique. A lot are already in profession stage productions around town.
Not saying children don't have talent but rather I am disagreeing with opening it up to schools and choirs, but keeping it to having an official singer.

I even said that if a child got the gig, so I wasn't downplaying the abilities or qualification but rather not wanting a revolving door of singers (regardless of age) devaluing the role or position.
__________________
- Say No to Vertical Video -
Hanna Sniper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:01 PM   #698
dustygoon
Franchise Player
 
dustygoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Fran
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shniper View Post
Great news!!! Now if we could only ditch Cassie Campbell, this might be the best season ever!
What are you talking about?
dustygoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:05 PM   #699
TheScorpion
First round-bust
 
TheScorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Ottawa
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
Why are we bumping a thread announcing that George Canyon will be the new anthem singer in order to announce that George Canyon will no longer be the anthem singer? This is such a weird CP only trend .
Welcome to CP, where many users consider the simple act of thread creation as "spamming."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Staples, Edmonton Journal
Holland made transactions which have been a net positive for the Oilers, including his massive, massive, massive Grade A trade of Milan Lucic to the Calgary Flames for James Neal.
TheScorpion is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 12:10 PM   #700
Iggy City
#1 Goaltender
 
Iggy City's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Welcome to CP, where many users consider the simple act of thread creation as "spamming."
Need a new thread: The Trials and Tribulations of Calgary Flames Anthem Singers

Iggy City is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iggy City For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:08 PM.

Calgary Flames
2017-18




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016