Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-11-2019, 12:35 PM   #7141
Minnie
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dube View Post
Alright CP.. what’s your thoughts.

Grinds my gears, when people walking their dogs, let it piss in the middle of my lawn.. Why can’t they let it piss on the strip that the city owns? Nah, they have their extension leash half way out and it leaks on my grass/little tree I planted.
I live across from the entrance to a multi-use/off leash park. Yeah. Piss, poop, just a general run around my front yard because why not, dogs not on leashes even though the off leash doesn't start for several metres, dogs running into my house as I open the door to come outside, jumping into my car out of nowhere as soon as the doors are opened, their idiot owners doing u-turns in the middle of the street, up onto the sidewalk, across the edges/corners of my/the neighbours' yard, instead of just going to the next entrance to the crescent & going around & being able to park on the other side of the street without having to do 5 point turns, pulling into my driveway at a rapid clip, slamming on the brakes & narrowly missing my vehicle, dog owners having domestics with other dog owners right in front of my house because unleashed dog jumps up on the other person's vehicle, trying to get at the dog inside & scratches the doors to ####, dogs running around in the middle of the street nearly getting hit, their kids jumping out and running after their dog, also nearly getting hit.....the list goes on and on.

I've taken to sitting in my front yard in the morning, with a cup of coffee, with my phone looking like I'm recording/taking photos (I'm not, I'm playing a game LOL) & that seems to settle some of the crap down, except for the odd idiot like this morning, who let her unleashed puppy out after parking in front of my house, to run all over my yard - I might have asked her if she was going to corral him before he pissed/shat all over my yard & if not, please clean it up, thanks.

I adore the dogs. It's a lot of their owners I'd like to give a good tongue lashing to. It seems to come in waves though - things will be good for a while then it's like all the idiots decide to come to this park again & it's off to the races.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:42 PM   #7142
sketchyt
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Stroller usage is grinding my gears. Specifically in busy/crowded places.

Sorry Karen and Chad, but maybe leave your double-wide Chariot outside the AG building in the designated stroller parking area for a few minutes at the Stampede before barelling in there like some inconsiderate donkey expecting people to move for you in a crowded hallway.

Even worse, when half of your Uppababy Buga###### stroller/SUV is used to put your coats in while your way-too-old five-year-old snot monkey can't use his/her legs to, you know, walk for a bit.

And before any of the Lovejoys say, "but think of the children". Items I used to carry my kid around sans stroller when he was a useless non-walking turd-machine:

1. Arms.
2. A baby carrier.
3. A seat to rest when I got tired from using the above.
4. If desparate, a foldable umbrella stroller.

I mean, if you're at a park, a half-empty mall, or a location where there's clearly ample room... go nuts. We can all walk around. I get it, it's just easier.

But if you're pulling your kid(s) in a giant wagon that could double as a god damn spaceship into a packed panda exhibit at the zoo and pulling up along the viewing area in that thing expecting to catch a glimpse of Ping Ping or whatever... you're a bad person and you should feel bad about your failure as a human being. I want to drag your kid out of the Canyonero to knock the fruit roll-up out of your kids' mouth.

<end Springs1-like rant>

Last edited by sketchyt; 07-11-2019 at 12:45 PM.
sketchyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:49 PM   #7143
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I switched to First Calgary a while back on the recommendation of a friend. I like it. I closed down my Tangerine and now exclusively deal with them. I can call someone and get a person, I'm supporting a local city business, and I like credit unions.

However I've come to know that ATB is a government run bank and so I'm kind of keeping them in the back of my mind to do business with soon. Union bank? Yes please.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:55 PM   #7144
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
I live across from the entrance to a multi-use/off leash park. Yeah. Piss, poop, just a general run around my front yard because why not, dogs not on leashes even though the off leash doesn't start for several metres, dogs running into my house as I open the door to come outside, jumping into my car out of nowhere as soon as the doors are opened, their idiot owners doing u-turns in the middle of the street, up onto the sidewalk, across the edges/corners of my/the neighbours' yard, instead of just going to the next entrance to the crescent & going around & being able to park on the other side of the street without having to do 5 point turns, pulling into my driveway at a rapid clip, slamming on the brakes & narrowly missing my vehicle, dog owners having domestics with other dog owners right in front of my house because unleashed dog jumps up on the other person's vehicle, trying to get at the dog inside & scratches the doors to ####, dogs running around in the middle of the street nearly getting hit, their kids jumping out and running after their dog, also nearly getting hit.....the list goes on and on.

I've taken to sitting in my front yard in the morning, with a cup of coffee, with my phone looking like I'm recording/taking photos (I'm not, I'm playing a game LOL) & that seems to settle some of the crap down, except for the odd idiot like this morning, who let her unleashed puppy out after parking in front of my house, to run all over my yard - I might have asked her if she was going to corral him before he pissed/shat all over my yard & if not, please clean it up, thanks.

I adore the dogs. It's a lot of their owners I'd like to give a good tongue lashing to. It seems to come in waves though - things will be good for a while then it's like all the idiots decide to come to this park again & it's off to the races.
keep a hose with a sprayer primed and ready, when the dog misbehaves, point it at the dog, and when the owner looks in terror, that's when you strike. And soak the owner.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 12:59 PM   #7145
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post

Stick a fake camera on a stake, with a fake wire running into the ground out on your lawn.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:00 PM   #7146
Minnie
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
keep a hose with a sprayer primed and ready, when the dog misbehaves, point it at the dog, and when the owner looks in terror, that's when you strike. And soak the owner.
I like how you think

Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 01:08 PM   #7147
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Actually... yeah. Do this. Only use this instead.

"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:51 PM   #7148
81MC
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchyt View Post
Stroller usage is grinding my gears. Specifically in busy/crowded places.

Sorry Karen and Chad, but maybe leave your double-wide Chariot outside the AG building in the designated stroller parking area for a few minutes at the Stampede before barelling in there like some inconsiderate donkey expecting people to move for you in a crowded hallway.

Even worse, when half of your Uppababy Buga###### stroller/SUV is used to put your coats in while your way-too-old five-year-old snot monkey can't use his/her legs to, you know, walk for a bit.

And before any of the Lovejoys say, "but think of the children". Items I used to carry my kid around sans stroller when he was a useless non-walking turd-machine:

1. Arms.
2. A baby carrier.
3. A seat to rest when I got tired from using the above.
4. If desparate, a foldable umbrella stroller.

I mean, if you're at a park, a half-empty mall, or a location where there's clearly ample room... go nuts. We can all walk around. I get it, it's just easier.

But if you're pulling your kid(s) in a giant wagon that could double as a god damn spaceship into a packed panda exhibit at the zoo and pulling up along the viewing area in that thing expecting to catch a glimpse of Ping Ping or whatever... you're a bad person and you should feel bad about your failure as a human being. I want to drag your kid out of the Canyonero to knock the fruit roll-up out of your kids' mouth.

<end Springs1-like rant>
This is the most on point post Iíve ever read.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 81MC For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 02:25 PM   #7149
woob
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
This is the most on point post Iíve ever read.
Agreed. As the owner of a double (length wise) capable stroller I am super aware of where I maneuver it, etc. My other half drives me nuts as she tends towards the mindlessly walking around with her stroller approach and I always give her heck about it. We aren't special because we have kids and I try to ensure I'm not impeding other people's ability to move around due to my stroller.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to woob For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 02:33 PM   #7150
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
Agreed. As the owner of a double (length wise) capable stroller I am super aware of where I maneuver it, etc. My other half drives me nuts as she tends towards the mindlessly walking around with her stroller approach and I always give her heck about it. We aren't special because we have kids and I try to ensure I'm not impeding other people's ability to move around due to my stroller.
I've always called those things "Tot Tanks"...generally 'cause they are huge, and the person 'driving' them treats them like they are heavily armored and ready to run folks over, so you better give 'em the right of way.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 02:41 PM   #7151
woob
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
I've always called those things "Tot Tanks"...generally 'cause they are huge, and the person 'driving' them treats them like they are heavily armored and ready to run folks over, so you better give 'em the right of way.
It's appalling how some parents use their strollers. And those who just leave them anywhere without a second thought as to impeding people walking, etc.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woob For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 02:52 PM   #7152
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just now, inner city street with non stop traffic. Dolt stands at the crosswalk looking around. Cars keep stopping for him, get frustrated and then keep going. Five minutes of this pass and then his uber pulls up. What a maroon.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:57 PM   #7153
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Speaking of dumb pedestrians:

Just saw an old man enter a crosswalk at the end of the "do not enter the crosswalk" symbol, was almost tapped by an SUV, proceeds to smack the car and spend 5 seconds yelling at the guy while just standing there. Meanwhile, the light has turned green, and he proceeds to finish crossing against a green, forcing traffic both ways to stop for him.

Don't start crossing when it says not to start crossing. And certainly, don't get mad when cars almost hit you because you're crossing a street when you shouldn't be crossing.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:02 PM   #7154
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchyt View Post
a useless non-walking turd-machine
I'm going to make a concerted effort to make this my go-to insult.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:04 PM   #7155
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post

Just saw an old man enter a crosswalk at the end of the "do not enter the crosswalk" symbol, was almost tapped by an SUV, proceeds to smack the car and spend 5 seconds yelling at the guy while just standing there. Meanwhile, the light has turned green, and he proceeds to finish crossing against a green, forcing traffic both ways to stop for him.

Don't start crossing when it says not to start crossing. And certainly, don't get mad when cars almost hit you because you're crossing a street when you shouldn't be crossing.
Hah, I love to hate aggressive, needless road rage. I was on the east side of 8th St. at the corner of 17th over by the Best Buy the other day and I watched a car get cut off while crossing 17th going south by a truck which went straight through the intersection in the turning lane. The car beeped at the truck, and the truck driver got so mad that he stopped on a one-lane-each-way road, right after an intersection, and jumped out of his truck and started pounding on the window of the car and screaming. Then he flipped me off too when I shouted at him to back off! All the while, no cars were able to get through 8th because this idiot held everything up.

Now I'm mad again.
TheScorpion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:54 PM   #7156
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Not a driver issue, but a road design issue.

The 22 at Cremona is 60km/h. If you're travelling north, 100m after Cremona the speed limit goes back to 90, and a passing lane also opens up.

So I'm like the seventh of seven cars behind a slow semi travelling this road as we approach Cremona. Right after the intersection, the first four cars immediately move into the passing lane to pass the semi. They accelarate quickly, both because they were just travelling 60, and also because they want to pass. About 5 seconds later, I see them all slam on their brakes. The first car in the group that is passing is turning left onto one of the township roads, and had to stop because of oncoming traffic.

I was shocked there wasn't a serious accident. I stayed in the right lane, passed the stopped group, then moved over to pass the semi. Funny thing is, I can't blame any of the drivers for that scenario. It just seems really dangerous to put a passing lane somewhere where a left turn can occur. I will be travelling that section much more carefully in the future.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:07 PM   #7157
vtec260
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
Was there anyone in front of you?

Indeed. I drive through the area several times a day so I am familiar I should be in left lane shortly after the turn as the right lane ends. Pacing? Give me a break. Here is my front dash cam clip.

https://youtu.be/AODOu9rgHgw
vtec260 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vtec260 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 05:31 PM   #7158
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post

Let the old man yell at clouds.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:07 PM   #7159
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec260 View Post
Indeed. I drive through the area several times a day so I am familiar I should be in left lane shortly after the turn as the right lane ends. Pacing? Give me a break. Here is my front dash cam clip.

https://youtu.be/AODOu9rgHgw

Thanks, that helps. Comes down to 2 professional drivers making poor decisions. Go figure. Someone gave these people licenses. Scary.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 06:34 PM   #7160
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Using a stroller is empowering. Pedestrians get out of your way, cars stop for you, and if some idiot standing in the middle of the side walk on their phone doesn't hear you repeatedly saying excuse me you can run over their foot. You start to feel almost invincible.

Strollers are a pain though not being able to get up stairs or fit into many shops and restaurants. Unless you absolutely need it for say a 10km walk maybe consider leaving the thing at home.