Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 09:20 AM   #1
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Flames Contact - PR

I've tried searching and have had no luck finding an email to contact the Flames PR team.

The company I work for supports the Children's Wish Foundation every year, this year we've been invited to participate in their national "Tree's of Joy" event which is being held in Calgary for the first time.

Our company will get to personalize and decorate a Christmas tree with one child and their Wish in mind. On November 23, the decorated trees will be presented to the Wish children and their families at a brunch hosted by the Children’s Wish Foundation. After the unveiling, the families will have the trees delivered to their home for the holiday season!

This year, our Wish child is 5 year old Foster, and his wish is to stay at the Grand Wailea Resort in Hawaii, where his family had its first family holiday together.

We found out today that Foster is also a HUGE Calgary Flames fan, so on top of some Flames goodies we've already ordered this morning we're also going to give him a few sets of our corporate Flames tickets for a couple games in December.

I was hoping to find a way to contact the Flames PR team and see if there's anything they can do to assist in making Foster's first Flames game a special one. I understand that he's already been granted his big wish (Hawaii) but my fingers are crossed they'd be willing to do something extra in this case.

I couldn't locate Mr.Hanlon's email but thought maybe someone on the site here has a contact. I know CP's been successful before with the Calgaryboy Saga etc but combed a those threads to no avail.

Looks like nobody had luck emailing Ken King so I'd like to try and different avenue if possible.

Cheers!
Old 10-29-2018, 09:55 AM   #2
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Well the Flames subscribe to the first initial/last name @calgaryflames.com for emails, so you can probably figure out the email once you decide who to contact. Otherwise try customerservice@calgaryflames.com and see if they can help.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:57 AM   #3
Nsd1
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

If you have twitter you could try messaging their main account @NHLFlames or the PR account @CgyFlamesPR
Old 10-29-2018, 09:59 AM   #4
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsd1 View Post
If you have twitter you could try messaging their main account @NHLFlames or the PR account @CgyFlamesPR

And if you look at the Flames PR twitter it links to flamesmedia.ca which has this:
http://flamesmedia.ca/index.php/contact/
Old 10-29-2018, 10:41 AM   #5
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here is his email address: phanlon@calgaryflames.com.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:55 AM   #6
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thanks guys,

I'm happy to announce that Mr.Hanlon received my email, forwarded on to one of his colleagues and are in the process of working something out for us as we speak.

I'm humbled to have received such a swift response with absolutely zero hesitation when asked to make his night special. World class in my mind.

This thread can be closed!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Royle9 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2018, 11:09 AM   #7
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
Thanks guys,

I'm happy to announce that Mr.Hanlon received my email, forwarded on to one of his colleagues and are in the process of working something out for us as we speak.

I'm humbled to have received such a swift response with absolutely zero hesitation when asked to make his night special. World class in my mind.

This thread can be closed!
Glad to hear the Flames stepped up to make a special day for Foster and his family! Even if the on-ice product is frustrating at times, they've always done right by the community and should be proud of that. Quite the difference in response from the other poster who was seeking a McDavid signature for his grandson from the Oilers.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2018, 12:50 PM   #8
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Could just email Ken King. He's very helpful about forwarding your email to the right person
Old 10-29-2018, 01:16 PM   #9
sempuki
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Just title the email "please read".
Old 10-29-2018, 04:31 PM   #10
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
This year, our Wish child is 5 year old Foster, and his wish is to stay at the Grand Wailea Resort in Hawaii, where his family had its first family holiday together.
I'm extremely sceptical that a 5 year old sick kid's wish is to stay in a particular 5*, $500 USD/night luxury resort in Hawaii. How old was the child when they had their first family vacation there? 2? 3? I doubt the child even remembers the place.

Sounds more like the parents manipulated the child into making this wish. "Remember that place we stayed with the cool pool/waterslide/whatever?"

It disgusts me that any parents would hijack their sick kids wish in such an obviously selfish, self-serving way.

I'm in a foul mood so forgive me for being rude. It's not a commentary on sick kids or the Children's Wish foundation.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:51 PM   #11
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsuffering View Post
I'm extremely sceptical that a 5 year old sick kid's wish is to stay in a particular 5*, $500 USD/night luxury resort in Hawaii. How old was the child when they had their first family vacation there? 2? 3? I doubt the child even remembers the place.

Sounds more like the parents manipulated the child into making this wish. "Remember that place we stayed with the cool pool/waterslide/whatever?"

It disgusts me that any parents would hijack their sick kids wish in such an obviously selfish, self-serving way.

I'm in a foul mood so forgive me for being rude. It's not a commentary on sick kids or the Children's Wish foundation.

That's quite a cynical and unnecessary view imo.

Maybe the kid does remember it.

Maybe he never went but he saw pictures and thought it looked awesome and really wanted to go.

I highly doubt his parents are looking at their kid with cancer and thinking "Hey, how can we benefit from this?

The Following User Says Thank You to Ped For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2018, 05:08 PM   #12
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsuffering View Post

delete your account.