Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2021, 03:14 PM   #3881
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I liked Godzilla's response to Kong slugging him and shoving him of the boat.

I am excited Godzilla is a major special interest to me. So long as Godzilla lives I think I will enjoy it.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 05:24 PM   #3882
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I hope there’s less story this time. I’m tired of pretending to care about some annoying kid and her relationship with her annoying mom or some soldier and his annoying wife.

I just want to see Kong and Godzilla fight for 90 minutes with the bare minimum story and exposition. Is that too much to ask?
They're making a film about a Giant Ape fighting a prehistoric Monster.

Seriously, its like Batman vs. Superman...the movie is them fighting. Just let them fight. Make it good. Godzilla should win though. There is no way I'd believe that King Kong could defeat Godzilla.

Unless they settled their socio-economic ideological differences like Monsters of advanced intelligence and reason and decided to wreak havoc on Tokyo together as a team. I'd watch that film.

I can already envision Godzilla and King Kong putting on reading spectacles to sign an armistice treaty and then tearing the world apart as an unstoppable 'buddy-cop' duo.

Make it happen Hollywood. We deserve this.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2021, 05:49 PM   #3883
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Unless they settled their socio-economic ideological differences like Monsters of advanced intelligence and reason and decided to wreak havoc on Tokyo together as a team. I'd watch that film.

I can already envision Godzilla and King Kong putting on reading spectacles to sign an armistice treaty and then tearing the world apart as an unstoppable 'buddy-cop' duo.

Make it happen Hollywood. We deserve this.
I’m sure it will happen. Godzilla and King Kong will realise their mom had the same name or something and decide to lay waste to Tokyo... together.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2021, 05:51 PM   #3884
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
I hope there’s less story this time. I’m tired of pretending to care about some annoying kid and her relationship with her annoying mom or some soldier and his annoying wife.

I just want to see Kong and Godzilla fight for 90 minutes with the bare minimum story and exposition. Is that too much to ask?
Quote:
They're making a film about a Giant Ape fighting a prehistoric Monster.

Seriously, its like Batman vs. Superman...the movie is them fighting. Just let them fight. Make it good. Godzilla should win though. There is no way I'd believe that King Kong could defeat Godzilla.
Marvel series idea: classic monsters duking it out on Sakaar. Starting Jeff Goldblum of course.

Last edited by Scroopy Noopers; 01-24-2021 at 06:07 PM.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2021, 08:51 PM   #3885
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

It will be like the last one. Some random 3rd party bad guys beaming a beacon of hate or some crap like that. The protagonists will find them and shut it down. Kong and Gozilla will go into hiding.

Also, it seems wrong that they are terrorizing Hong Kong and not Tokyo...
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:14 PM   #3886
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
It will be like the last one. Some random 3rd party bad guys beaming a beacon of hate or some crap like that. The protagonists will find them and shut it down. Kong and Gozilla will go into hiding.

Also, it seems wrong that they are terrorizing Hong Kong and not Tokyo...
Hong Kong, King Kong...coincidence? I think not.

Directed by M Night Shamaylan.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:22 PM   #3887
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

It’s all a big misdirect for the team up vs mecha king ghidorah.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2021, 10:23 PM   #3888
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still think they should have abandoned all of the CGI nonsense.

People signed up to see some Production Assistant in a rubber suit stomping all over a mini-scale model of Tokyo accompanied by people shouting whose mouths dont match their dialogue!

Give the people what they want!!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 01-25-2021, 08:25 PM   #3889
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm convinced that's Mechagodzilla in the first 15 seconds of that trailer. Slow it to .25x speed and you'll see electro shots being fired at the buildings (something he doesn't do) and the under shot shows armor instead of godzillas fleshy torso.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2021, 11:59 AM   #3890
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
I still think they should have abandoned all of the CGI nonsense.

People signed up to see some Production Assistant in a rubber suit stomping all over a mini-scale model of Tokyo accompanied by people shouting whose mouths dont match their dialogue!

Give the people what they want!!
They could bring in a live ape, with a surly disposition, and place them in the middle of a scale model of Hong Kong. Inevitably, when the ape goes out of control and begins ripping the actor playing godzilla apart, it would only add to the sense of realism from the practical effects.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2021, 12:34 PM   #3891
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
They could bring in a live ape, with a surly disposition, and place them in the middle of a scale model of Hong Kong. Inevitably, when the ape goes out of control and begins ripping the actor playing godzilla apart, it would only add to the sense of realism from the practical effects.
I think this has a chance. If you want I'll accompany you to sell this screenplay to studio executives.

We just need to find an ape with a surly disposition. And bring him with us.

"I dont think we're going to option this idea...."

- "Oh....that was the wrong answer son...."

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2021, 02:01 PM   #3892
Misterpants
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm going to wait for the supercut of this one, where they boil the movie down to the 13 minutes of on screen fighting of whatever mega monsters they bring to the party.
Misterpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 02:17 PM   #3893
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

I don't know why but the phrase "a live ape with a surly disposition" cracks me up. I can't stop laughing.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:20 PM   #3894
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I'm convinced that's Mechagodzilla in the first 15 seconds of that trailer. Slow it to .25x speed and you'll see electro shots being fired at the buildings (something he doesn't do) and the under shot shows armor instead of godzillas fleshy torso.

Not just armour, there's actually an outline of his head. It's very clearly Mecha-something. There's also a very clear shot of what appears to be a blue-print style screen of a mecha-zilla with the words "Maximum Charge" across it.

They have a Godzilla skeleton and a head, possibly with brain, of Ghidorah. Not to far-fetched that the evil king Lannister did something remarkbly stupid.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:02 PM   #3895
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

The hype from that trailer made me rethink my position on Godzilla King of the Monsters so I decided to give it a rewatch.

Didn’t last 10 minutes. What an awful piece of crap. Honestly the first 10 minutes is such a microcosm of the larger issues with that movie.

- super annoying daughter who dominates screen time
- bad acting
- every character dumb as a sack of rocks
- the cringey bad special relationship the daughter has with mothra and science or whatever
- the worlds dumbest mom
- the worlds dumbest mom who is also the worlds most useless scientist who somehow is a big shot scientist with this company that is somehow now bankrupt with feebs like her working there

You know what? Save us all some time. Everything about it was awful. Everything. Why list them all? It had no redeeming qualities. I’d be better of listing the good things. Ok and done. Even the special effects were mediocre. All the fight scenes looked dark and orange for some reason.

Don’t do that again, please? Is that too much to ask?
Old 01-26-2021, 04:10 PM   #3896
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
The hype from that trailer made me rethink my position on Godzilla King of the Monsters so I decided to give it a rewatch.

Didn’t last 10 minutes. What an awful piece of crap. Honestly the first 10 minutes is such a microcosm of the larger issues with that movie.

- super annoying daughter who dominates screen time
- bad acting
- every character dumb as a sack of rocks
- the cringey bad special relationship the daughter has with mothra and science or whatever
- the worlds dumbest mom
- the worlds dumbest mom who is also the worlds most useless scientist who somehow is a big shot scientist with this company that is somehow now bankrupt with feebs like her working there

You know what? Save us all some time. Everything about it was awful. Everything. Why list them all? It had no redeeming qualities. I’d be better of listing the good things. Ok and done. Even the special effects were mediocre. All the fight scenes looked dark and orange for some reason.

Don’t do that again, please? Is that too much to ask?
The only version I’ve liked is Skull Island, and I’ve re-watched it. They about nailed it for what I was looking for.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2021, 04:14 PM   #3897
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
The only version I’ve liked is Skull Island, and I’ve re-watched it. They about nailed it for what I was looking for.
I hated that movie at first and have since been much more favourable towards it. Definitely a much better job at finding the right vibe.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2021, 05:16 PM   #3898
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Kids in movies are always trash. Always. They ruin everything. There is no film that has kids in a prominent role that is good and I will never be swayed. I regard kids in movies like DESS feels about dogs.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 05:16 PM   #3899
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Let’s get this out if the way:

There has never been a Kaiju movie ever, in all of history, that has just been a whole movie of monsters beating each other up. There is always, always, a hokey human plot with B-level writing and dialogue. And there always will be. So if you ever go to a kaiju movie expecting there to not be those things, you’re already going to be disappointed.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2021, 05:17 PM   #3900
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Kids in movies are always trash. Always. They ruin everything. There is no film that has kids in a prominent role that is good and I will never be swayed. I regard kids in movies like DESS feels about dogs.
Hunt for the Wilderpeople.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post: