Got it. Thanks!
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:15 PM   #242
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
Aside from a handful of films like Guardians, Thor and Iron Man (years ago) I haven't really watched any of the MCU movies. Would this show still be enjoyable or would I need way more information to understand what's going on? A lot of our friends and family are watching this and enjoying it. Thinking about jumping on board but want to make sure we won't be totally lost.
Really with that view history, that amount of time, and access to Disney+, if I were you I would watch Avengers 1 & Winter Soldier.

I'd say you can barebones the franchise down to;

Thor 1
Avengers
Winter Soldier
Dark World
Ultron
Guardians 1
Dr Strange
Civil War
Ragnarok
Infinity War
Wasp
End Game

I wouldn't bother with Wandavision before having seen those 12 in pretty much that order. As an added bonus at least 7/12 of those are substantially more entertaining that.

Captain America and Captain Marvel are outside of the main timeline, and some easter eggs rippling through the other movies, but you won't miss the context. Edit, onsecond thought the Captain Marvel movie is important to Wandavision.

The Ironman series is an oddly stand alone series within the context of the MCU, they build up Ironman as an important character, and they are amoung the better movies, but Downy Jrs strong enough to re-contextualize the character in all the other movies. None of the villains, conflicts from Ironman really trickle into the main storyline they way they have with the other movies.

Unless you need the origin story, Civil War gives you all the intro you need to Antman & Spiderman

Guardians Vol II, I suspect will be important to understanding Guardians III, the Eternals, and probably Love & Thunder / Avengers 5. But I don't think it's vital viewing yet.

The Hulk Movie barely counts as an MCU movie.

Missing Black panther will leave you wondering where a bunch of tertiary characters in other movies came from, but it wont really change your understanding of the main story.

Last edited by #-3; 02-22-2021 at 10:18 PM.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2021, 10:49 AM   #243
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Lol at this new meme

Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2021, 01:44 AM   #244
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Episode 8 made me say "...well... I guess..."

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 02:47 AM   #245
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Pretty big post-credits scene BTW.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2021, 08:50 AM   #246
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Yep, full episode of exposition from the writers, not going to be the most entertaining episode. I think the Hex will end, but I don't think we are headed for a clean conclusion to this story. Agatha will soften and we won't be 100% sure that she is the "bad" guy. Hayward is a bastard, but It's not like he'll say hail hydra at the end, Bizzaro Vision will leave us wondering if he is good or bad.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 10:01 AM   #247
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I thought this was the best episode yet and I was going in expecting to be disappointed by some cheesy climax. Lots of great scenes, performances and world building. I didn't care much for wanda or vision going into this, but now I'm considering renewing for another month just for the last episode.

Agatha seems to be curious more than anything, she casually gave wanda her power and freedom back. She might be setting up a final attack, but she's in awe of wanda at this point.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 03:43 PM   #248
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
I thought this was the best episode yet and I was going in expecting to be disappointed by some cheesy climax. Lots of great scenes, performances and world building. I didn't care much for wanda or vision going into this, but now I'm considering renewing for another month just for the last episode.

Agatha seems to be curious more than anything, she casually gave wanda her power and freedom back. She might be setting up a final attack, but she's in awe of wanda at this point.
I think this is kind of what aggravates me about this show.

It has a neat idea, and a good premise. Wanda is likable, I could ditch Vision.

There are good bones to this show but it just isnt engaging. Frankly, the ditzy Doctor lady is the best character in the show.

Beyond that, its been a chore to get through. I'm still plowing through because I feel confident that this is a show that needs some time to find its groove and get its feet under it and it will get better.

I wouldnt re-up Disney+ just for this show though. No way.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 03:58 PM   #249
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I'm still plowing through because I feel confident that this is a show that needs some time to find its groove and get its feet under it and it will get better.
There's only one episode left. If it hasn't drawn you in yet, I don't know if it will ever get there.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:15 PM   #250
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
There's only one episode left. If it hasn't drawn you in yet, I don't know if it will ever get there.
Oh. I guess I just assumed there would be another season.

If there isnt then yeah. Not good.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:01 PM   #251
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Ultron is definitely finally getting the Vision body, right? There's no way that's gonna actually be Vision, it has to be Ultron.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:19 PM   #252
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought that episode was terrific. Looking forward to the climax.
direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2021, 08:06 PM   #253
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Pretty big post-credits scene BTW.
Such a dumb practice. I really really wish they'd stop this.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2021, 08:20 PM   #254
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
So Ultron is definitely finally getting the Vision body, right? There's no way that's gonna actually be Vision, it has to be Ultron.
Ultron never inhabited the vibranium body, so I doubt it.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:45 PM   #255
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

It’s going to be an evil vision for sure, I really hope spader is back as the voice and they leave it ambiguous whether he is Ultron or not.

He won’t be as powerful as vision or ultron as both were created by the mind stone rather than created by someone who was created by the mind stone.

I think how this ends is pretty obvious. I have no for knowledge but have put my speculation in spoilers

Spoiler!

I doubt we find out anymore about where Fietro came from. They will leave it ambiguous to be ret conned later for dr strange or future x men

Last edited by GGG; 02-26-2021 at 08:48 PM.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 10:03 PM   #256
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Spoiler!

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 09:58 AM   #257
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Spoiler!

I had fun with that episode.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 10:30 AM   #258
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Ultron never inhabited the vibranium body, so I doubt it.

In Infinity War they specifically talk about how Vision is made up of the Mind Stone, Jarvis, Ultron. In Age of Ultron, Ultron was in the process of trying to upload himself into the body, so it's entirely possible part of him is still in there.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2021, 11:08 AM   #259
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

In the comic world, Ultron comes back a million times. So bringing him back this way would fit and would make a cool big bad. However, I wish they would have done it earlier. We are 8/9th through the series and don't really have a big bad yet. It appears Agatha wasn't even enabling Wanda here, but rather just trying to learn how she did it.

There were moments in the last episode where I thought Hayward was going to be more than meets the eye. When he was hinting to Wanda that she has the power to bring him back, I was thinking that maybe he was Mephisto or something, but it looks like he's not that cool and just a typical flat generic military/government type villain that's trying to turn Vision's body into a weapon.
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 11:20 AM   #260
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
In Infinity War they specifically talk about how Vision is made up of the Mind Stone, Jarvis, Ultron. In Age of Ultron, Ultron was in the process of trying to upload himself into the body, so it's entirely possible part of him is still in there.
Good catch, had forgotten about that. Vision may have even said something like that in Age of Ultron, if I recall correctly.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote