Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2021, 07:34 PM   #101
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
His time in NY has been as mediocre as the Flames record. With better tools at his disposal. Decent regular seasons but no PO success. And it’s gone downhill since he got rid of Vigneault.

HIs interim GM of the Bruins days are 15 years ago. I’m not putting a lot of stock in them.

The firing of Davidson is interesting given the short time frame he was in.
Do you think Sather was calling the shots when the Rangers went to the Stanley Cup Final?

Sather was a moronic zero full of Edmonton self inflated fluff in NY until Gorton arrived.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:42 PM   #102
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
Do you think Sather was calling the shots when the Rangers went to the Stanley Cup Final?

Sather was a moronic zero full of Edmonton self inflated fluff in NY until Gorton arrived.
A. Who knows. B. Who was GM there in the last 4 years?
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:47 PM   #103
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

6 years and only one year where you make the second round, no surprise that the GM was fired. That type of ineptitude is not good enough.
Aarongavey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 08:27 PM   #104
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarongavey View Post
6 years and only one year where you make the second round, no surprise that the GM was fired. That type of ineptitude is not good enough.
I see what you did there.

I wonder if they (unfairly) thought Lafrieniere and Kaako were going to make a bigger immediate impact?
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 08:34 PM   #105
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
Treliving had Burke over top of him before and I don't think they have actually replaced Burke's position. JD would be filling that if he came in.
Burke hired Treliving. In this scenario, Treliving is Feaster and he'd be fully aware of that.

Treliving was supposedly given full autonomy over hockey ops and while I wholeheartedly endorse the idea, it would be a pretty clear message to the GM.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2021, 10:28 PM   #106
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

I assume Dolan wanted to fire Gorton and JD said he wouldn't do it. JD told him to fire him too if he wanted to do that
BoLevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:51 AM   #107
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

If it is true that Dolan wants this rebuild to be accelerated then the Flames and Rangers are lining up to be great trade partners. We have your mid-late 20’s players to help win now and they have a bunch of solid young players that can help the flames speed up a retool/rebuild.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:06 AM   #108
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
If it is true that Dolan wants this rebuild to be accelerated then the Flames and Rangers are lining up to be great trade partners. We have your mid-late 20’s players to help win now and they have a bunch of solid young players that can help the flames speed up a retool/rebuild.
What a dream that would be.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:11 AM   #109
Fischy13
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
Treliving had Burke over top of him before and I don't think they have actually replaced Burke's position. JD would be filling that if he came in.
I thought that they brought in the guy from Arizona, Don Maloney is filling that role isn't he?
Fischy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:11 AM   #110
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Brooksies "take" on what happened.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/05/why-ra...n-jeff-gorton/
Old 05-06-2021, 10:28 AM   #111
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fischy13 View Post
I thought that they brought in the guy from Arizona, Don Maloney is filling that role isn't he?
Treliving's recent contract effectively eliminated that position giving him the full autonomy he wanted to make deals.

Maloney is an AGM, of which their are several. They report to Trelviing who in turn reports directly to ownership.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:47 AM   #112
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
The Rangers are gonna go hard after Eichel. They have the cap space and the assets. Something like Strome, Kakko, and Miller/Schneider would get the Sabres’ attention.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2021, 11:09 AM   #113
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
The Rangers are gonna go hard after Eichel. They have the cap space and the assets. Something like Strome, Kakko, and Miller/Schneider would get the Sabres’ attention.
No, it wouldn't. Strome will be one year away from UFA and Miller/Schneider are not sure things. The best piece here is Kakko and he isn't exactly lighting it up. They will have to do much better than that for a franchise C.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:42 AM   #114
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
They have arguably the best assets to go get him and I am sure he wants to play there.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote