Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2020, 12:36 PM   #2541
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I also saw a rumour over the weekend that Jeffrey Dean Morgan may be returning as Thomas Wayne who will be Batman in the Flashpoint alternate timeline (which could also mean an appearance from Lauren Cohan as the Martha Wayne Joker).
Old 06-22-2020, 09:41 PM   #2542
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Probably by biggest nerd shame is that I've never been able to finish reading the Foundation series. I've read lots of other Asimov stuff but for some reason I've never been able to get into it. Maybe this will motivate me or give the books a framework to fit into my brain.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2020, 09:51 PM   #2543
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks great, shame it is on Apple TV.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:53 PM   #2544
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

What’s the problem with Apple TV? I was just going to look into it.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 06:23 AM   #2545
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't want to pay for yet another service, and I definitely don't want to give Apple money.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2020, 08:52 AM   #2546
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Probably by biggest nerd shame is that I've never been able to finish reading the Foundation series. I've read lots of other Asimov stuff but for some reason I've never been able to get into it. Maybe this will motivate me or give the books a framework to fit into my brain.

Really? I loved the Foundation Series.

Jared Harris and Lee Pace? Yes please!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 09:14 AM   #2547
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
What’s the problem with Apple TV? I was just going to look into it.
So, I got a free year with my new phone. It’s weird... most of the movies I have found that I want to watch I have to rent or buy. There are a few items included, such as The Morning Show (which is great). But I don’t fully understand why this platform is needed or why it has a subscription fee.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 09:33 AM   #2548
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
So, I got a free year with my new phone. It’s weird... most of the movies I have found that I want to watch I have to rent or buy. There are a few items included, such as The Morning Show (which is great). But I don’t fully understand why this platform is needed or why it has a subscription fee.
The major bonus to Apple TV is how easily it plugs into your TV and then integrates with everything else. If you buy the physical unit, they frame it as an all in one device. Realistically, you still have to pay for each subscription service. It doesn't offer anything more than most smart TVs or video game consoles.

As far as the App itself goes, they are trying to market it as a replacement for your cable. You subscribe to the Apple TV, the same way you would basic cable, and then you add on channels.

It's more expensive to run this kind of thing via Apple, but so is everything Apple does.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 12:05 PM   #2549
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

If they used Flashpoint to try and reboot the elements about the DCEU that have failed it could be a way for them to not have to scrap things completely..

Looking forward to getting some more Keaton Bruce Wayne though that's for sure.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:37 PM   #2550
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
If they used Flashpoint to try and reboot the elements about the DCEU that have failed it could be a way for them to not have to scrap things completely..

Looking forward to getting some more Keaton Bruce Wayne though that's for sure.
There's no way they are scrapping things completely. Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam have been way too successful, and they all have movies planned for the next couple of years. DC is typically built around Batman and Superman, but those two have missed the mark so far. It sounds like they are going to move forward with Cavill.

It sounds like Affleck is definitely done as Batman, and Flashpoint will reboot that.

From the sounds of it Keaton is playing a major part, which is nuts. Keaton is almost 70. I'm assuming that the Flash travels into an alternate future and picks up an old Batman as a sidekick a la Bill & Ted?

https://lrmonline.com/news/michael-k...-barside-buzz/

This is probably the most off the wall superhero casting announcement ever. I'm a little surprised that Keaton, who's also playing the Vulture, doesn't have a non-compete clause.
Old 06-23-2020, 02:25 PM   #2551
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

There is probably an 'out' for reprisal of an existing role. He really was the best Bruce Wayne, and he doesn't look 70. Flashpoint is already a wonky enough story, that it shouldn't be too hard to fit in Keaton Batman, then back to Dean Batman, then up to Pattinson Batman all in one film. It will probably make it better.

I would actually prefer them to hire a real screenwriter to make the transition to film, and not adhere to a combination of the OG comic story and producer whims, like they have done with properties like Aquaman.
Old 06-23-2020, 02:57 PM   #2552
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
There is probably an 'out' for reprisal of an existing role. He really was the best Bruce Wayne, and he doesn't look 70. Flashpoint is already a wonky enough story, that it shouldn't be too hard to fit in Keaton Batman, then back to Dean Batman, then up to Pattinson Batman all in one film. It will probably make it better.

I would actually prefer them to hire a real screenwriter to make the transition to film, and not adhere to a combination of the OG comic story and producer whims, like they have done with properties like Aquaman.
The Dean Batman should be no problem, as that's not even Bruce. Putting in Keaton would require a pretty big time F-up, as he's over 20 years older than Affleck.

The best thing to do with the flashpoint storyline would be to trim it down IMO. By that I mean trying to keep the focus on as few characters as possible.

I wonder if they'll still try to link it to the Flash warning in BvS? Maybe not because that warning was given to Affleck Batman, which would mean acknowledging a fourth Batman.
Old 06-23-2020, 03:03 PM   #2553
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Keaton acknowledges the Bale Batman as being him, and then there is a throwaway line that Cloony, Kilmer, Affleck were all just stand-ins he found so that he could take a nice long vacation with Michelle Pfeiffer.

I would buy it.
Old 06-23-2020, 03:06 PM   #2554
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
It sounds like Affleck is definitely done as Batman, and Flashpoint will reboot that.

From the sounds of it Keaton is playing a major part, which is nuts. Keaton is almost 70. I'm assuming that the Flash travels into an alternate future and picks up an old Batman as a sidekick a la Bill & Ted?
Do you know what Flashpoint is about? I'm not a DC guy by any means, but my understanding is that
Spoiler!
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 03:37 PM   #2555
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Do you know what Flashpoint is about? I'm not a DC guy by any means, but my understanding is that
Spoiler!
The thing is that Keaton isn't being cast to play Thomas Wayne. He's being cast to play Bruce Wayne.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan is supposedly in talks to play the Thomas Wayne Batman.

Did not spoiler this, as it's already been mentioned in the thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2020, 03:43 PM   #2556
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh, okay, I misunderstood. I saw the JDM for Thomas Wayne piece but I assumed that it was him OR Keaton, not him AND Keaton.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 04:33 PM   #2557
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Oh, okay, I misunderstood. I saw the JDM for Thomas Wayne piece but I assumed that it was him OR Keaton, not him AND Keaton.

....you may be right actually....now reports coming out that Keaton is going to play Thomas Wayne. That would actually make sense.

Edit: nevermind. Looks like likely Keaton being cast as an older Bruce Wayne to have a nick fury type role.

Last edited by blankall; 06-23-2020 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 07:22 PM   #2558
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I just heard a rumor that Ryan Reynolds is coming back to play Green Lantern for a cameo in the Snyder Cut. Source is not really reliable (Grace Randolph) but it's a rumor that's out there. Would love for him to get a chance to knock it out of the park on his 2nd try much like Deadpool. Plus he would get a much better suit with Snyder.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:50 PM   #2559
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Go home DCEU you're drunk.

The new rumor is that the Keaton appearance will canonize the Burton movies into the DCEU as part of a multiverse, and Keaton will actually be playing the same Batman from the Burton films.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:36 PM   #2560
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's actually bizarrely interesting. That makes the Bale movies standalone, and the Burton movies the first events chronologically post Wonder Woman. In fact, WW84 will butt right into the events of Batman.

And if Flashpoint retcons events (the alternate timeline would happen mid 1990s), but keeps Burton whole, then that eliminates BvS and JL, but keeps MoS because those events were set in motion long before Burton, and would follow the same timeline regardless of Flashpoint. Aquaman might follow the same logical path.

So maintaining the timeline would be Wonder Woman, WW84, Batman, Batman Returns, Flash, Man of Steel and Aquaman.

Gone would be Green Lantern, BvS and JL.

Half gone would be Shazam, which could be explained during Black Adam.

That would actually be a strong lineup. It is possible that someone not dumb is working at WB?