Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Event Forums > COVID-19 Forum

Notices

Old 05-07-2021, 01:38 PM   #5161
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interestingly, Canada is on pace to pass the US in terms of people with 1+ doses within the next 2 weeks based on current trends. It likely won't happen, as it sounds like the US is going to start vaccinating 12-15 year olds. But it's still a pretty good measure of where the two countries might end up by the summer.

The regional disparity within the US is crazy too. Every state is getting the same number of doses per capita, but most of New England has administered doses to 65% more people per capita than most of the southern states. At the extreme ends, New Hampshire is closing in on 2x the % of the population people that Mississippi, Louisiana, or Alabama have done.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 02:05 PM   #5162
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

14 million Canadians jabbed now , sitting at 293k with AB/BC (and perhaps an Atlantic province or a Territory or 2 ) to report. today is going to be big
looooob is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2021, 02:19 PM   #5163
cgy-sk-import
Draft Pick

Only slight change to my calculations re: completion of first doses by May 31, and completion of 2nd doses by July 6.

Now, including the new cohort of 11-15 adolescents and slight changes to the average shots per day, I calculate that first doses will be completed by June 2, and second doses to be completed by July 8.

There is NO WAY that all of Alberta (that wants the shot, minus those under 11), will not be fully vaccinated by end of July.

Math has never failed me before. I 100% stick to this post.
cgy-sk-import is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cgy-sk-import For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2021, 02:57 PM   #5164
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I think we laminate our letters and wear them on a chain around our necks like one of Flavour Flavís clocks.
incorporate it into Covid themed full arm sleeve tattoo
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:00 PM   #5165
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgy-sk-import View Post
Only slight change to my calculations re: completion of first doses by May 31, and completion of 2nd doses by July 6.

Now, including the new cohort of 11-15 adolescents and slight changes to the average shots per day, I calculate that first doses will be completed by June 2, and second doses to be completed by July 8.

There is NO WAY that all of Alberta (that wants the shot, minus those under 11), will not be fully vaccinated by end of July.

Math has never failed me before. I 100% stick to this post.

The one thing that may ruin your math, is complacency in the young. We've seen this elsewhere where young people want to get the vaccine, but don't appear to be in a hurry. This is where adding convenient hours and locations can help, but it's really an outreach situation. Getting the 19 year old dude who's excited to go out and see friends to take time to go down and get a shot isn't as easy as getting a 67 year olds.

Incentivizing will help
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:12 PM   #5166
Jethro Choicebro
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
The one thing that may ruin your math, is complacency in the young. We've seen this elsewhere where young people want to get the vaccine, but don't appear to be in a hurry. This is where adding convenient hours and locations can help, but it's really an outreach situation. Getting the 19 year old dude who's excited to go out and see friends to take time to go down and get a shot isn't as easy as getting a 67 year olds.

Incentivizing will help
NJ has surely already solved that problem...
Quote:
New Jersey to give free beer to Covid vaccine recipients
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/03/new-...ecipients.html
Jethro Choicebro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jethro Choicebro For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2021, 03:29 PM   #5167
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post

Incentivizing will help
That falls under, "everyone who wants it" having it, imo.

Once first dose appointments are widely available, then you start offering second doses. I think it would be good to still reserve some appointments for 1st doses after that happens to make it convenient for the stragglers/hesitant to get it.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:30 PM   #5168
Hatter
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Got my first dose of Pfizer this morning. Had a nap and have some minor soreness around the injection site but no other issues so far.

So happy to get the jab. I’m 32, and was counting the days to get the shot. Cannot wait until we can all get back to our lives.
Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:41 PM   #5169
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alberta just dropped nearly 60K to push Canada over 37%. if BC has a day we could do 400k. 1% is a near certainty

in the process AB joins Quebec and Sask in the 40k doses/100k club
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2021, 03:42 PM   #5170
Rubicant
First Line Centre

Exp:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalne...nes-may-7/amp/

25 people walk out unvaccinated due to them offering *checks notes* moderna rather than Pfizer... what the hell is that all about? I can’t get the logic here, they are basically identical.

Not so proud of my city right now.
Rubicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:43 PM   #5171
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Love the document title.
Beats the heck out of "Stop the spike"
The Following User Says Thank You to Julio For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2021, 04:08 PM   #5172
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicant View Post
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalne...nes-may-7/amp/

25 people walk out unvaccinated due to them offering *checks notes* moderna rather than Pfizer... what the hell is that all about? I canít get the logic here, they are basically identical.

Not so proud of my city right now.
I think its unfortunate this got reported on. People are basically sheep - once one or two said they didn't want Moderna, others who were unsure would have gone along. Putting that in the news provides bo benefit to anyone.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:12 PM   #5173
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine 5 minutes ago. Excited to be part of the solution!
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malcolmk14 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2021, 04:26 PM   #5174
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

60k that is hell of a number. Here is hoping we go on a run.
Robbob is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbob For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2021, 04:36 PM   #5175
alexle
Farm Team Player

Exp:

For those who booked with Universal Health Centre, did you get a confirmation email yet?

I also noticed that there is lots of available appointments for the next couple of weeks. Which is odd, because the time I previously booked is currently available, so I'm wondering if the booking even went though... https://www.universalhealthcentre.com/appointment/
Old 05-07-2021, 04:51 PM   #5176
Knut

Exp:

^ they have big issues with their website. Also lots of cancelling. Probably best to call them.
Knut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:52 PM   #5177
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Boom 400K today
incredible