Old 01-09-2019, 11:56 PM   #401
Prototype

Exp:

I have an IC Title...
Old 01-11-2019, 04:22 PM   #402
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Looks like the Lars Sullivan push has ended already because he's walked out of two WWE events and gone home due to Anxiety issues.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:05 AM   #403
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Looks like the Lars Sullivan push has ended already because he's walked out of two WWE events and gone home due to Anxiety issues.
from his promos, i thought he's the guy who's supposed to be giving the competition anxiety

anyways, along with his iffy twitter comments history, i dont think he'll be around anymore
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:07 AM   #404
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
How I would have booked it: Last night, Lynch, Flair and Carmella fought to face Auska at Royal Rumble.

(Spoiler if you haven't seen it) Lynch won.

With the rumored Main Event of Lynch vs. Rousey at Wrestlemania, this doesn't design a clear path for this match to happen. So, I would have had one of the other two win... I wouldn't be mad at Carmella winning at this point. Have Lynch enter the women's Rumble and have her win.

Then the Road to Wreslemania has focus. There's no confusion as to how Lynch is to face Rousey. Becky throws Smackdown under the bus, saying she has dominated the show, and the only thing she hasn't done is destroy the RAW Woman's Champion.

The flipside to this is that it would make Becky a Raw roster member, and the two biggest names fighting for the same prize, which could make for an amazing program (similar to Rock/Austin/Triple H in their IC days), but would leave SD a little thinner. RAW is the "flagship" so it would be a shot in the arm for them, but I get why they would want to leave some talent on SD.

I'm interested to see how they handle this, but I think they could have added some intrigue into what happens with Becky next going forward.

I think now, they have charlotte win the rumble and then challenge both of them

Then the triple threat main events mania
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:51 AM   #405
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Long-time Stampede Wrestling jobber Mike Hammer has died.

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/musi...stler-has-died

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:18 AM   #406
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I remember Ed constantly called him Michelle Hammer and he eventually adopted that name. He was pretty much a bottom of the card job guy but was pretty entertaining.

RIP

Old 01-14-2019, 08:48 AM   #407
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

By the way, anyone watch NXT UK Takeover: Blackpool?

Such a good card. Got to see some vintage Balor wrestling (from his Prince Devitt days), and WWE's newest signee (WALTER) looks like a certified badass.
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:48 AM   #408
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

So decided to go to NXT Takeover Phoenix and the Royal Rumble.

Always wanted to go to the Rumble and from Calgary the price for flights was just right.

Direct flights to Phoenix were $330 from the 25th to 28th.

NXT tickets were as cheap as $20 USD, and Royal Rumble tickets had a special 2 for 1 promo code (TMN241 - Ticketmaster still gouges you on fees of course).

Got a cheap hotel with a Hotwire hot rate and 2 of us were able to go for about $700CAD a person for flight, hotel, and tickets.

*Points at the Wrestlemania Logo*

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 01-14-2019 at 09:49 AM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2019, 11:36 AM   #409
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

There was a 2-for-1 promo code????

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:20 PM   #410
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
There was a 2-for-1 promo code????

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Only saw it starting Friday, and it was what pushed me and a buddy over the edge to go.

In the past Ticketmaster had allowed me to put the purchase price of my original tickets towards better tickets when the price had dropped. So you could try that.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:38 PM   #411
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Ok I thought Otis had a hilarious debut tonight. That was the most Otis way to debut Otis.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:56 PM   #412
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

It was a whole weird segment.

First we had Alexa Bliss topless kinda. Then poor Alexa goes out and Heyman hogs the scene then Otis comes out and Alexa is looking like she was never told it was going to happen.

Yeah it was funny, I wonder if they're doing a mice and man tag team.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:16 AM   #413
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

I love how it took Tucker and a whole backstage crew to wrestle Otis to the back again and get him out of his trance. Otis gonna be a huge horny pancake dropping NBA Jam lines when he's got the zoomies
Old 01-17-2019, 02:58 PM   #414
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Bunch of WWE news

Kurt Angle's 16 year old niece was abducted by her ex boyfriend, she was rescued and the boyfriend was abducted by Swat.

Dolph Ziggler was offered a producers job with WWE, but turned it down and stripped his social media account of all references to the WWE as he wants to focus on standup comedy, his contract expires on Jan 31

The Revivial have asked for their release, but the WWE might not do it because they would go to AEW or ROH

Mike Bennett and Maria have also asked for their release.

Old 01-17-2019, 03:04 PM   #415
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Ziggler has made his money and has nothing less to accomplish. Good time for him to go out.

When I went to the Ric Flair show last Saturday, the Nature Boy also joked that Ziggler was challenging him for the Walt Chamberlain award and that he's run through the entire gamut of hookups one could possibly have in WWE. What a career!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2019, 09:20 AM   #416
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Regarding the Revival asking for their release, apparently WWE has said to give them three months to see a change (assumedly in their booking). I suspect if their push doesn't materialize by Wrestlemania they are probably done.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:24 AM   #417
Reneeee
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

For anybody interested Ziggler has Edmonton on his tour schedule for March 6th

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Reneeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 05:35 PM   #418
droopydrew19
Safari Stan

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
So decided to go to NXT Takeover Phoenix and the Royal Rumble.

Always wanted to go to the Rumble and from Calgary the price for flights was just right.

Direct flights to Phoenix were $330 from the 25th to 28th.

NXT tickets were as cheap as $20 USD, and Royal Rumble tickets had a special 2 for 1 promo code (TMN241 - Ticketmaster still gouges you on fees of course).

Got a cheap hotel with a Hotwire hot rate and 2 of us were able to go for about $700CAD a person for flight, hotel, and tickets.

*Points at the Wrestlemania Logo*
I decided to take my son down there as well. Got most of our stuff off stub hub though for about the same price
droopydrew19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 05:48 PM   #419
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Regarding the Revival asking for their release, apparently WWE has said to give them three months to see a change (assumedly in their booking). I suspect if their push doesn't materialize by Wrestlemania they are probably done.

Apparently the issue isn't a personal push thing. They're sick of seeing the tag division be a joke.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 03:25 PM   #420
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So I decided for fun that I would take advantage of my WWE Network subscription and start watching some old content and post some reviews of them for fun. I wanted to start with some of the ECW content because everyone remembers ECW with a great deal of fondness. So without further ado, here aer the results of Hardcore Heaven 1995.

First of all, you can't deny the audience passion. The crowd was loud and boisterous and were encouraged to participate. Fans were passing wrestlers foreign objects all nigh, we saw steel pans. An ironing board and chairs. As far as other foreign objects used besides chairs. A news Paper box and a TV antennae.

The card opened with a match between Snot and Dudley Dudley fighting the Pitbulls 1 and 2 who were part of Raven's Flock, they were accompanied by the ring by Beulah and Stevie Richards. This was a brawl from the start, but what was interesting was that we saw the debut of Francine who hit on Richards and a cat fight erupted between Francine and Beulah that lead to Raven dragging Beulah and Richards backstage and in the confusion the Dudley's pulled out the win.

** out of 5 stars. This match was just a brawl without a lot of psychology. It was basically designed to hint at a split between the Pitbulls and Raven.

Then we saw a jobber tag team match with Chad Austin and Bully taking on Dino Sendoff and Don E Allen. This match was terrible as it was almost like they pulled dudes out of the audience to wrestle and it ended in no contest when Heyman and 911 came out and 911 destroyed everyone with the worst most dangerous looking choke slams ever.

0 * out of 5 - Terrible match as none of the participants looked like they had been trained. 9/11 nearly killed Austin with sloppy choke slams.

Hack Meyers took on the 500 pound Big Malley who won the match and then destroyed Hack after the match

* out of 5 - most of this match was like a recreation of South Park with the come at me bro. Malley had no mobility and no real moves except for the splash.

Taz versus 2 cold Scorpio - A undeniably good match but not a classic. We saw the beginning of the human suplex machine from Taz. Scorpio who later became Flash Funk in the WWE was very good in this match and his tumble weed finisher was ahead of its time. We saw Taz win the match but it was over turned by the villainous ref Bill Alfonzo who restarted the match thanks to Scorpio's foot being on the rope during the pin (how can a guy be a villain for enforcing the rules?) This lead to a brawl between Alfonzo and Scorpio and Heyman and Taz which lead to Tax picking up the ring.

*** out of 5

We got another segment where Shane Douglas announced that he was leaving for WWE. Woman the late Nancy Benoit came out and offered Douglas a place in her stable, but Sandman called her a whore and she attacked him. When Shane got the upper hand on her Sandman came out and the crowd exploded as he went after the Franchise. But Cactus Jack came in and Sandman and Woman retreated.

Tommy Dreamer and Luna Vachon vs Raven and Stevie Richards (C) for the ECW tag team championships with Beulah.

This was a weird intergender match with Tommy and Raven taking the match outside early. The story line was that Raven had broken Dreamers hand and they used some very good psychology as Raven went after the hand and the two of them brawled using the afore mentioned news paper box and Antennae. Meanwhile Luna used the testicular claw on Richards and the two brawled in the ring. The match ended when Beulah threw powder in Luna's eyes and the tag team champions retained.

*** out of 5 - This was actually a fun little match, but with very little science. Luna was made to look like a million bucks by Richards.

After the match a brawl ensued between the teams until the Pitbulls came out and Raven ordered them to super power bomb Luna. Then in a weird double turn. Raven and Richards turned on the Pittbulls and attacked them, then the Dudley's came out and joined the flock.

Axl Rotten vs Ian Rotten in a Taipai death match with Bill Alfonso as referee - Remember that match where Jean Claude Van Damme fought the dude with his hands wrapped in tape and broken glass. that's the premise of this death match as both men promptly busted each other open and made this a complete gore fest with both wrestlers wearing a crimson mask. This match wasn't good and it was interrupted by a brawl between the Tag Champions public enemy and the Gangsta's. In the end Axl dropped Ian on thumb tacks for the win.

1 out of 5

This match was a shyte show that seemed to be there just to show how hardcore ECW was. the brawl on the outside was more interesting then the philly horror show on the inside of the ring.

Sandman (ECW) Champion with Woman defends against Cactus Jack - Sandman was just not a good performer. He was as they called it a junk wrestler and botch machine. Cactus Jack was far from the performer that he was later in WWE as he depended more on stunt man wrestling. This match featured a lot of brutal stunts using a kendo stick, chairs and barbed wire. I didn't like how Cactus brutally tossed Woman around. But this match ended in a Sandman win as Shane Douglas interfered smashed Cactus Jack and then pile drove Sandman and dragged Sandman on top of Cactus for the win.

** out of 5 - I forgot how bad Sandman was in the ring. There was one stunt where Sandman was going to splash Jack from the top rope but he stumbled on the ropes, landed about 3 feet short and then crawled over to try to pin Jack, all while Joey Styles was screaming about the amazing move.

After the match Todd Gordon comes out and fires Douglas who attacks Gordon until 911 came out and nearly killed Douglas on the way out the door with a over rotated choke slam.

Public Enemy (Tag Champions) vs Gansta's - Two really bad wrestling teams, but this match was about tables and foreign objects. And it didn't last long as Public Enemy smashed the Gangsta's through tables and hit them with croquette Mallets

** out of 5 - A kind of fun match, but I'm not sure its a main event match. New Jack was literally out there trying to murder people.

Overall it was a fun little PPV, but it was over booked with so many things happening that it would confuse everyone. The audience was fun. When Shane was confronting Woman they chanted "Shane's got a woody". Their participation was awesome for Public Enemy who were so far over in ECW at the time. Pretty much the Tag team title match and the Cactus/Sandman match saved the show. Most of the higher end members of the roster weren't involved including Benoit, Malenko and Eddie.

Wrestlers from this card that are no longer with us.

Rocco Rock
Johnny Grunge
Pittbull #2
Hack Meyers
Big Malley
Woman (Nancy Benoit)
Luna Vachon
Axl Rotten

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: