Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2020, 05:27 PM   #341
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Sad for who?
Late reply, but I was commenting on my own personal feelings. I've chosen different vacation spots the last year when I actually wanted to pop by HK for 3 or 4 days.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 12:26 PM   #342
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cops/CCP thugs are getting stupidly brazen that they are throwing bodies out of the Hong Kong police housing buildings now and labeling it as "suicide"

Warning death
NSFW!

Victim was not police and was not a resident of the building.

Police response, nothing to see here, it was a suicide. One of thousands now in 2019 that Hong Kong police say is "suicide".
https://www.facebook.com/96052657736...5863/?sfnsn=mo

Last edited by FlameOn; 01-13-2020 at 12:33 PM.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 12:47 PM   #343
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

At least there are bodies now and not just "dissapeared"

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:11 PM   #344
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
At least there are bodies now and not just "dissapeared"
That just tells you there are too many bodies for cops to disappear now. Just get rid of them quickly.

In other news, China bars human rights watch mission to Hong Kong. No surprise.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/12/w...hong-kong.html

Last edited by FlameOn; 01-13-2020 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:01 PM   #345
AnonymousStranger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
That just tells you there are too many bodies for cops to disappear now. Just get rid of them quickly.

In other news, China bars human rights watch mission to Hong Kong. No surprise.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/12/w...hong-kong.html

How do you know the police did it? How do you know he wasn't high on something and fell out? How do you know that he wasn't pushed out by someone other than the police? I swear anything that is "China bad" online immediately causes critical thought and any ounce of skepticism to go out the window. Some guy posts a grainy video of a nondescript building and immediately the accusation is on the HK police. It seems like nowadays in HK, a city of 7.5 million people (some of which are involved in organized crime and the vice trades btw), every single possible injury or death or nefarious event is 100% attributable to the police. Got it. You people are unbelievable.
AnonymousStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:02 PM   #346
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

lol

He's back.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 02:10 PM   #347
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousStranger View Post
I swear anything that is "China bad" online immediately...
... you appear.

Quote:
You people are unbelievable
Easy there Grapes.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 02:14 PM   #348
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
How do you know the police did it? How do you know he wasn't high on something and fell out? How do you know that he wasn't pushed out by someone other than the police? I swear anything that is "China bad" online immediately causes critical thought and any ounce of skepticism to go out the window. Some guy posts a grainy video of a nondescript building and immediately the accusation is on the HK police. It seems like nowadays in HK, a city of 7.5 million people (some of which are involved in organized crime and the vice trades btw), every single possible injury or death or nefarious event is 100% attributable to the police. Got it. You people are unbelievable.

My favourite Flames player is Chucky.

Who’s yours?
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:14 PM   #349
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
My favourite Flames player is Chucky.

Who’s yours?
Clearly it's Winnie the Pooh.
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 02:14 PM   #350
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 02:17 PM   #351
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

There's something particularly vile about living in a free democracy and defending an authoritarian mafia state.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 02:27 PM   #352
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The building the guy got pushed out of was a HK Police Forces official residence reserved for officers and their families with security especially tight in light of the protests and anger towards officers. So access would have been restricted to officers, security and their families. Video shows the guy was unconscious before he even exited the building. The window he exited from was extremely high up. i.e. if he was high as dope he'd have extreme trouble coordinating getting through a tiny window more than seven feet off the ground.

Normally any death like this would warrant a thorough investigation, especially on police's own residence especially in light of Hong Kong political unrest. HKPF concludes investigation within hours and rules it suicide. Of course people are going to blame police when there have literally been hundreds of deaths similar to this where police refuse to investigate anything. At best HKPF and their security for their own building are shoddy as crap and let some rando thugs throw an unconscious/dead guy (not a cop/resident) out of their the HKPF's own building, at worse HKPF, security, or family are involved in extra judicial killing. If the HKPF had no involvement, would they not want to figure out which of those cases that was, especially when their families are involved. Nope, no investigation necessary. Gross incompetence or cover up. You choose. Certainly not Asia's finest.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:28 PM   #353
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
The building the guy got pushed out of was a HK Police Forces official residence reserved for officers and their families with security especially tight in light of the protests and anger towards officers. So access would have been restricted to officers, security and their families. Video shows the guy was unconscious before he even exited the building. The window he exited from was extremely high up. i.e. if he was high as dope he'd have extreme trouble coordinating getting through a tiny window more than seven feet off the ground.

Normally any death like this would warrant a thorough investigation, especially on police's own residence especially in light of Hong Kong political unrest. HKPF concludes investigation within hours and rules it suicide. Of course people are going to blame police when there have literally been hundreds of deaths similar to this where police refuse to investigate anything. At best HKPF and their security for their own building are shoddy as crap and let some rando thugs throw an unconscious/dead guy (not a cop/resident) out of their the HKPF's own building, at worse HKPF, security, or family are involved in extra judicial killing. If the HKPF had no involvement, would they not want to figure out which of those cases that was, especially when their families are involved. Nope, no investigation necessary. Gross incompetence or cover up. You choose. Certainly not Asia's finest.
Save time. He gets 0.50 Yuan every post he makes.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 02:45 PM   #354
AnonymousStranger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Save time. He gets 0.50 Yuan every post he makes.

If I'm able to subsist on the rate I'm going, then the cost of living in China must be pretty low.

Old 01-13-2020, 02:46 PM   #355
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousstranger View Post
if i'm able to subsist on the rate i'm going, then the cost of living in china must be pretty low.

nice!
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 02:46 PM   #356
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If I'm able to subsist on the rate I'm going, then the cost of living in China must be pretty low.

A shill that doesn't get paid is just sad.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:51 PM   #357
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Not really helping a "chinabot to normal poster ratio" argument here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 02:59 PM   #358
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

The education system is HK is unfortunately under attack also. Teachers and principals being blamed for not delivering sufficiently patriotic education. Principals can now be dismissed if their school stands by teachers who are under investigation. Shades of the cultural revolution.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnnyB For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 03:34 PM   #359
AnonymousStranger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
The education system is HK is unfortunately under attack also. Teachers and principals being blamed for not delivering sufficiently patriotic education. Principals can now be dismissed if their school stands by teachers who are under investigation. Shades of the cultural revolution.

Yes, because the current primary education system that indoctrinates children in HK with material like this is in no way a clandestine psy-op either. Okay there bud.

Old 01-13-2020, 03:49 PM   #360
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

imagine being so fragile

China stream best stream. Or else.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post: