Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-18-2019, 07:51 PM   #261
AnonymousStranger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Search on baidu for the truth about protests against Chinese authoritarianism.

I mean does any more need to be said?

What exactly do you mean about "truth about protests"? How would I go about searching for this? What search terms should I be using? These ephemeral ideas of "truth" and "fighting for freedom" have been so greatly twisted by the modern western propaganda (ie. mainstream news media) machine that they lack any substantial meaning any more. The "truth" is nothing more than a weapon in the form of deliverance of information, of which, is currently being weilded as a tool by the American government and facilitated by the mainstream news media in cooperation with the American government. Nothing more.

Edit: Btw, when I say information, I don't mean information that is 100% based on facts. Information can also be pure conjecture or falsified facts. Probably used the wrong word here. The word "message" instead of information would be more apt, I suppose.

Last edited by AnonymousStranger; 11-18-2019 at 08:02 PM.
AnonymousStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:08 PM   #262
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Context or no, there has been a lot of highly dangerous behaviour by the Hong Kong police. Like ramming of protesters using mini-buses and armored vehicles with zero regard of potential injuries. This would not fly in any country where there is oversight of the police force. Any officers involved would be prosecuted. Which we know the HKPF and China will never do.

Link

Especially egregious are the times cops tried to run over the protesters that are unarmed, and retreating. Which if any military did against a civilian population would be considered a war crime under the Geneva convention.

Link

Another one where cops are using ambulances in their arrests.

Link
Spoiler!

So if these acts are considered crimes by a military against civilian populations in times of war, how does this make it ethically justifiable that the HKPF do this against their own population?

EDIT: fixed video quality
First video looks like they are trying to not get blown up by fire bombs. Second one the guy on the bike looks like he has broken but he knows what happened prior to the clip. The clip starts at a time when something seems to have already occurred prior. Using ambulance in their arrests doesn't seem a problem. These are the most egregious clips out there?
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:09 PM   #263
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousStranger View Post
What exactly do you mean about "truth about protests"? How would I go about searching for this? What search terms should I be using? These ephemeral ideas of "truth" and "fighting for freedom" have been so greatly twisted by the modern western propaganda (ie. mainstream news media) machine that they lack any substantial meaning any more. The "truth" is nothing more than a weapon in the form of deliverance of information, of which, is currently being weilded as a tool by the American government and facilitated by the mainstream news media in cooperation with the American government. Nothing more.

Edit: Btw, when I say information, I don't mean information that is 100% based on facts. Information can also be pure conjecture or falsified facts. Probably used the wrong word here. The word "message" instead of information would be more apt, I suppose.
LOL whatever. Type Hk protests on Twitter and see what information you get.

Oh that's right. Twitter is blocked in China!

Burned you bro!
Old 11-18-2019, 08:44 PM   #264
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
First video looks like they are trying to not get blown up by fire bombs. Second one the guy on the bike looks like he has broken but he knows what happened prior to the clip. The clip starts at a time when something seems to have already occurred prior. Using ambulance in their arrests doesn't seem a problem. These are the most egregious clips out there?
There have been months of videos already, I just pulled up two I saw this morning.

Did you even watch the first clip?
  • Riot cops advance in phalanx formation towards protester positions.
  • Buses stop behind cops as cops are in the way
  • Cops move out of the way
  • Bus 1 accelerates from behind the riot cops and rams into the left protester barricade
  • Bus 2 does the same on the right and does not slow down at all driving through a molotov

If they were trying to get away from the fire bombs, they could have simply turned around. If they were planning anything other than ramming through the protesters at the blockade, the mini buses wouldn't have stopped after the cops and accelerated immediately after the riot cop formation parted.

Vehicular homicide and attempted murder are a thing. Is that not a crime if police do it? Even on the off chance that no one was actually hurt, laws have to be applied equally. If you are going to charge protesters with public property damage then there is enough here to open up an investigation into police misconduct. Months of protests, has there been one even cursory attempt? Wait, the police have vehemently refused oversight into their actions.

As the UN and Amnesty International have pointed out, it's the government and police's responsibility to attempt to deescalate any potentially hostile situation involving civil unrest. There have been zero attempts to deescalate (not even verbal), only attempts to escalate. They are actively preventing injured protesters from medical assistance and arresting medical staff trying to treat the injured.

Last edited by FlameOn; 11-19-2019 at 09:20 AM.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:26 AM   #265
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
There have been months of videos already, I just pulled up two I saw this morning.

Did you even watch the first clip?
  • Riot cops advance in phalanx formation towards protester positions.
  • Buses stop behind cops as cops are in the way
  • Cops move out of the way
  • Bus 1 accelerates from behind the riot cops and rams into the left protester barricade
  • Bus 2 does the same on the right and does not slow down at all driving through a molotov

If they were trying to get away from the fire bombs, they could have simply turned around. If they were planning anything other than ramming through the protesters at the blockade, the mini buses wouldn't have stopped after the cops and accelerated immediately after the riot cop formation parted.

Vehicular homicide and attempted murder are a thing. Is that not a crime if police do it? Even on the off chance that no one was actually hurt, laws have to be applied equally. If you are going to charge protesters with public property damage then there is enough here to open up an investigation into police misconduct. Months of protests, has there been one even cursory attempt into possible police misconduct? Wait, the police have vehemently refused oversight into their actions.

As the UN and Amnesty International have pointed out, it's the government and police's responsibility to attempt to deescalate any potentially hostile situation involving civil unrest. There have been zero attempts to deescalate (not even verbal), only attempts to escalate. They are actively preventing injured protesters from medical assistance and arresting medical staff trying to treat the injured.

I was living in Toronto during the G20 protests. Those protests were basically harmless for the most part. Just hippies. You know, not like the HK protestors throwing petrol bombs and bricks.

Let's see how the police handled that.

Imagine if they were acting like the HK protestors.

Old 11-19-2019, 06:50 AM   #266
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

The G20 in Toronto isn’t remotely similar as the Hong Kong situation. You’re reaching.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:16 AM   #267
stone hands
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

imagine bootlicking china
stone hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:27 AM   #268
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
I was living in Toronto during the G20 protests. Those protests were basically harmless for the most part. Just hippies. You know, not like the HK protestors throwing petrol bombs and bricks.

Let's see how the police handled that.

Imagine if they were acting like the HK protestors.
More whataboutism for situations that were wildly different. G20 the protesters were allowed to disperse by police and were there for a limited time event. The police were generally not violent at G20 either. Hong Kong protesters started out peaceful for months and are still peaceful when there is no police presence. HK protesters have been protesting for police oversight with no concessions for months (key demand since July), are currently surrounded, and told to surrender or face live ammunition.

If you want to compare police forces, Hong Kong Police have been caught using repeated head hits on already subdued or non resisting protesters.
NSFW!

There are also bunch of videos of protesters arms getting broken after arrest. This would never fly in Canada.

G20 all police were marked with names and identification as they are legally required to (so complaints can be filed if required and video can be analyzed if abuse occurs), in Hong Kong Police Force riot cops have removed all identification. Canadian cops follow certain guidelines on use of force during protests, in Hong Kong numerous abuses including repeated deliberate attempts to injure. Given the HKPF's documented overuse of force, threats of live ammunition use, previous use of force and live ammunition, and protesters being surrounded, are you confident G20 protesters or even yourself would behave differently in a similar situation?

Last edited by FlameOn; 11-19-2019 at 08:47 AM.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:31 AM   #269
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
More whataboutism for situations that were wildly different. G20 the protesters were allowed to disperse by police and were there for a limited time event. The police were generally not violent at G20 either. Hong Kong protesters started out peaceful for months and are still peaceful when there is no police presence, have been protesting for police oversight with no concessions for months (key demand since July), are currently surrounded, and told to surrender or face live ammunition.

If you want to compare police forces, Hong Kong Police have been caught using repeated head hits on already subdued or non resisting protesters.
NSFW!

There are also bunch of videos of protesters arms getting broken after arrest. This would never fly in Canada.

G20 all police were marked with names and identification as they are legally required to (so complaints can be filed if required and video can be analyzed if abuse occurs), in Hong Kong Police Force riot cops have removed all identification. Canadian cops follow certain guidelines on use of force during protests, in Hong Kong numerous abuses including repeated deliberate attempts to injure. Given the HKPF's documented overuse of force, threats of live ammunition use, previous use of force and live ammunition, and being surrounded, are you confident G20 protesters or even yourself would behave differently in a similar situation?
All of that plus people in Toronto weren’t fighting for a democratic freedom that was being stripped away by an authoritarian regime.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:38 AM   #270
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I watched this last night:
https://gem.cbc.ca/media/the-passion...5a-011deff16a0

Quote:
Go undercover to reveal how the Chinese government is using technology to control and detain China's ethnic Uyghur population - technology that could be exported worldwide.
Pretty eye opening stuff. I can see why Hongkongers would be fighting as fiercely as they can, lest they be subject to the same persecution the Uyghur's have. A lot of it is reminiscent of the initial treatment of Jews by the Nazis.

It was also interesting reading this post
Quote:
-snip-
As for the concentration camp stories, yes there is no doubt that China has created a huge government initiative to deprogram people living in Xinjiang from Arab led Wahhabist religious extremism, including government skills and language programs to help poor uneducated people in Xinjiang find meaningful work and be able to communicate and thrive in the burgeoning Chinese economy.
-snip-
As that was almost verbatim what the Chinese Government had to say about it in the documentary.

The Chinese government scares me more than any other for what they are doing to personal freedoms, and I really hope we can contain it before their view of humanity is exported worldwide.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2019, 08:41 AM   #271
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
The Chinese government scares me more than any other for what they are doing to personal freedoms, and I really hope we can contain it before their view of humanity is exported worldwide.
The willful ignorance of (at least the select few, celebrities, wealthy, etc, who should know better) some Chinese people who go along with it is more frustrating than anything. It’s the biggest #### You Got Mine mentality in a first world country.

Yeah, somehow all the countless media options in Canada, with no government oversight, are all lying to us. The Chinese media is truth.

Last edited by Scroopy Noopers; 11-19-2019 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Unfair comment
Old 11-19-2019, 08:44 AM   #272
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

^
I'm not sure I'd call it "wilful ignorance". They've been brainwashed. I can't really blame them. Are they given tools for critical political thought in school? I doubt it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2019, 08:46 AM   #273
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
^
I'm not sure I'd call it "wilful ignorance". They've been brainwashed. I can't really blame them. Are they given tools for critical political thought in school? I doubt it.
Fair enough, that comment wasn’t fair.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:15 AM   #274
AnonymousStranger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Here’s a nice video of the rioters beating a guy for speaking mandarin that just happened today. Oh my god, I’m so sorry for not following the western media narrative. What I meant to say is here’s a video of undercover CCP agents beating someone. We wouldn’t want to damage the reputation of those wonderful rioters now would we?

https://twitter.com/XIaoshanLiuhai/s...55619794595840
Old 11-19-2019, 09:20 AM   #275
AnonymousStranger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I watched this last night:
https://gem.cbc.ca/media/the-passion...5a-011deff16a0

Pretty eye opening stuff. I can see why Hongkongers would be fighting as fiercely as they can, lest they be subject to the same persecution the Uyghur's have. A lot of it is reminiscent of the initial treatment of Jews by the Nazis.

It was also interesting reading this post

As that was almost verbatim what the Chinese Government had to say about it in the documentary.

Why did you quote me but leave out the part where I talk about the claims of torture and abuse are from the World Uyghur Congress, a western based NGO that is funded by the NED, which is a branch of the CIA?
Old 11-19-2019, 09:24 AM   #276
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Why did you quote me but leave out the part where I talk about the claims of torture and abuse are from the World Uyghur Congress, a western based NGO that is funded by the NED, which is a branch of the CIA?
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2019, 09:25 AM   #277
AnonymousStranger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NzIJ25ob1aA
Old 11-19-2019, 09:44 AM   #278
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Max Bluthemal is one of the most bias, anti-Semitic, racist, pro-Russian trolls there is. Most of his work has been thoroughly debunked and Alternet has a huge problem with factual reporting. Greyzone is even worse.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/alternet/
Old 11-19-2019, 09:50 AM   #279
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Primarily becuase the documentary I was discussing had nothing to do with that particular theory, but the point I discussed was relevant to that specific part of your post. I don't think it is wrong to cut someones quote to the relevant part, if I indicate that, as I did.

Do you believe that becuase the WUC is (allegedly) a tool of the CIA the facts disclosed in the documentary are invalid? I don't believe the CBC is a branch of the CIA, but maybe i am wrong there, too!

Last edited by Fuzz; 11-19-2019 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:54 AM   #280
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Chinese leaked documents on Uyghur detention camps in Xinjiang are 'fake news', government claims

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-...-news/11718210

Like anyone believes China. They need to be stopped. They are the new version of Hitlers army constantly in expansion mode buying up land.

Imagine being so pathetic you boot lick China.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote