Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2020, 10:37 PM   #81
fire_starter
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
So close Oilers. I think they should go out and get a rental. Give up the first and second pick of you have to. Patrick Marleau could be had. The time is now. Or maybe a proven player with term. Like Dustin Brown.

Needs to be now for it to make sense.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:47 PM   #82
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

JT Miller scores the tying and go ahead goals in the third period, 3-2 Canucks.

The Panthers defeated the Ducks and are tied with the Leafs.

The Avalanche lead 3-1. The Islanders are struggling.

must show all Flames games nationally when they play on Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays !!!
hwy19man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 10:48 PM   #83
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

JT Miller has surpassed his career high in goals. As much as I hate the Nucks that trade has more than worked out for them.

Tie game! Go Wild!
Old 02-19-2020, 10:49 PM   #84
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Minnesota ties it at 3-3.

must show all Flames games nationally when they play on Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays !!!
Old 02-19-2020, 10:50 PM   #85
Darkon
Farm Team Player

Exp:
Default Please have mercy on me

So I watched most of the game tonight and what I came away with is that Tippett has to be a really good coach at getting not great teams to play well. You watch that team and it is full of "who the hells" and "man that guy sucks" and yet I have to give them they played well tonight and in fact really took it to the B's tonight. If Calgary plays Boston this well on Friday(?), even if we lose I would be pretty happy with the effort. They play hard and they have good structure.
I have to give credit where credit is due. And I chose this thread to do it in because it is late and not many people will see this post and its not the E=NG thread so I can post somewhat positive stuff about the oilers without getting banned or hated on.
Now, as the title says "please have mercy"!
Darkon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Darkon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2020, 11:06 PM   #86
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Canucks and Wild are now in overtime.

Old 02-19-2020, 11:10 PM   #87
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

I think it's really sad that a poster without many posts has to actively go to lengths to post their opinion in a thread they hope won't be seen by people who will ridicule them for going against the grain, even if it is mildly in favour of Edmonton. Goes to show just how difficult it can be for newer posters to fit in and escape the stigma they often face.

I agree, I think Tippett is a solid coach and good for that situation.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2020, 11:12 PM   #88
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Clock weirdness at the end of OT in VAN. Didn't end up mattering, but weird. Clock stuck at 2.5 seconds for a few seconds, but horn sounded with about 0.8 left.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:19 PM   #89
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Galchenyuk with the game-tying goal and the shootout winner. Wild beat Vancouver 4-3.

Old 02-19-2020, 11:20 PM   #90
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
I think it's really sad that a poster without many posts has to actively go to lengths to post their opinion in a thread they hope won't be seen by people who will ridicule them for going against the grain, even if it is mildly in favour of Edmonton. Goes to show just how difficult it can be for newer posters to fit in and escape the stigma they often face.

The down-roster players on Edmonton are crappy, but they do seem to give an effort. I will give him that. It’s something no other coach has gotten out of them.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:20 PM   #91
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
JT Miller has surpassed his career high in goals. As much as I hate the Nucks that trade has more than worked out for them.

Tie game! Go Wild!
So far it has...first round pick in a deep draft is a lot to give up for a team that is not a contender
Old 02-19-2020, 11:24 PM   #92
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oilers and Canucks both lose! Don’t care that they each got a point, at this point in the season I’m going to enjoy every loss those guys can get!
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:25 PM   #93
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
So far it has...first round pick in a deep draft is a lot to give up for a team that is not a contender
It was protected if they don't make the playoffs, though I'm not sure there would have been any protections for the following year (likely moot)
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:25 PM   #94
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post

The other thread is literally called "Edmonton is no good" the whole point of it is hating on the Oilers. It's not that hard to figure out even for a new poster.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:29 PM   #95
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
It was protected if they don't make the playoffs, though I'm not sure there would have been any protections for the following year (likely moot)
No lottery protection next year...either way it's a valuable pick. One good season by Miller doesn't make it an obvious win. With a normal year standings wise the Canucks are likely not even a playoff team despite their goalie standing on his head. Their record lately suggest this year might not even be a sure thing
Old 02-19-2020, 11:31 PM   #96
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
The other thread is literally called "Edmonton is no good" the whole point of it is hating on the Oilers. It's not that hard to figure out even for a new poster.
Yeah I guess but maybe it's just me and I don't think any poster should have to worry about being banned for a difference in opinion or a simple misunderstanding like posting in the wrong thread

As a new poster I experienced a lot of harassment, some somewhat justified because I was annoying, but also just for making honest mistakes. Heck I got into a fair bit of trouble for starting a GDT on the wrong day completely by accident. I just think sometimes we have a knack for becoming a little bit hostile on this site and I think we should be encouraging all sorts of variety of opinion and different contributions

I’m sorry if I’m derailing anything, something just touched a nerve

The Following User Says Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2020, 11:33 PM   #97
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'll take the 30 goal 70 point player on a good contract for 3 more seasons over the 15th to 20th overall pick.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:37 PM   #98
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
Oilers and Canucks both lose! Don’t care that they each got a point, at this point in the season I’m going to enjoy every loss those guys can get!
Flames can still be in the division lead come trade deadline day...
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:43 PM   #99
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
I'll take the 30 goal 70 point player on a good contract for 3 more seasons over the 15th to 20th overall pick.
You are assuming 30/70 over those three years...pretty big assumption. And are the Canucks a contender? They get outplayed nearly every game...goalie is good but likely gone

Time will tell, I'm not calling it a sure win...would you trade the Flames first for Miller today?
Old 02-20-2020, 12:09 AM   #100
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
You are assuming 30/70 over those three years...pretty big assumption. And are the Canucks a contender? They get outplayed nearly every game...goalie is good but likely gone

Time will tell, I'm not calling it a sure win...would you trade the Flames first for Miller today?
I get your point and it's fair, but I would probably do that trade. Miller off the Canucks and on the Flames right now would be pretty helpful, lol.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote