Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-23-2010, 10:41 PM   #41
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

I'd kill for some halfway intelligent Be A Pro GM AI. Oh, I didn't score a point for one game, better demote me a line! Oh, the PP is starting, better sit your top point getter to start that off! Infuriating.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 01:53 AM   #42
TopChed
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I remember hearing an interview with Crosby's agent, talking about his endorsements. He spoke about how loyal Crosby is, but also how selective. He won't endorse anything that he doesn't believe in strongly. Obviously he is negotiating for a better rating in NHL 11.

He'll be on the cover if EA gives him a 99 overall, and he injures Ovechkin every time he hits him.
TopChed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:17 AM   #43
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

If this year doesn't get an online franchise mode I'll be quite disappointed. BAP is cool, but really not my thing.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:44 AM   #44
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tone down stick lift!
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:48 AM   #45
flamestalker
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Stick lifting takes too long, as in the player getting stick lifted has his stick up for way too long. The change in possession should happen faster as it never takes that long to steal the puck from another player.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #46
Berger_4_
First Line Centre

Exp:

There are two things that drive me absolutely nuts in this game. The first is the offside passes. The faceoff should go back to the zone the puck was passed from, not right outside the opposing team's blueline.

The second thing is if you lose a faceoff in the offensive zone, I find my defenceman on the boards automatically starts skating into the middle of the ice. It happens every time I lose a faceoff, and it's so aggravating. If he'd stay where he is, the chances of you being able to keep the puck in would be way higher. The way it is now, it's a free dump for the defending team if they're on the PK.

One last thing I'd like to see would be the addition of some animations...more specifically when you call a timeout to see the team huddled around the bench, and if you switch tendy's.

If you took a burger off the grill and slapped it on your face, I'm pretty sure it would burn you. - kermitology
Berger_4_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:09 PM   #47
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berger_4_ View Post
There are two things that drive me absolutely nuts in this game. The first is the offside passes. The faceoff should go back to the zone the puck was passed from, not right outside the opposing team's blueline.

The second thing is if you lose a faceoff in the offensive zone, I find my defenceman on the boards automatically starts skating into the middle of the ice. It happens every time I lose a faceoff, and it's so aggravating. If he'd stay where he is, the chances of you being able to keep the puck in would be way higher. The way it is now, it's a free dump for the defending team if they're on the PK.

One last thing I'd like to see would be the addition of some animations...more specifically when you call a timeout to see the team huddled around the bench, and if you switch tendy's.
More realism in general would be cool.

I'd like to see a True-Hit system, where there are more than 3 animations of hitting. GTA4 had the system where it simulated real-life crashes, falling down, etc.

Why can't EA just spend a year and make a proper system for hitting where the players react to where they were hit, etc. rather than using the same canned animations over and over.

That goes for all the animations. Get more variety of animations for being tripped, hooked, etc. The players look like such dumb asses diving like they are Kesler everytime my stick gets within 6 inches of them.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 3 Justin 3 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 12:40 PM   #48
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

i would love for more realism as well. they take the time to make fairly good people in the crowd, yet there is only 1 coach and no one else behind the bench? they take the time to make a referee but no linesmen? i would love to play a game that wasn't at capacity crowd. it would be cool if they could have people moving in the crowd during cut scenes as well. mlb the show has done that for a couple years and its a nice little touch.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #49
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Zetterberg's Wife
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:48 PM   #50
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Trade demands
restricted free agency
Olympic and world championship possibilities in BAP
better AI for the defense when your playing goal,
brawls and scrums in be a pro

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 12:50 PM   #51
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
I'd kill for some halfway intelligent Be A Pro GM AI. Oh, I didn't score a point for one game, better demote me a line! Oh, the PP is starting, better sit your top point getter to start that off! Infuriating.
Agreed. Also, I would like some realism. Not since the first 'be a pro' mode (Madden 06: t least I think it was the first) did you have to EARN your playing time.
You got the odd plays and got playing time based on your play.
Now, whatever sport it is, you are on the starting/first line from day 1.
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:01 PM   #52
Lucifer
Scoring Winger

Exp:

One thing I really hope they improve on is the Stanley Cup celebration. Something else I just thought of for Be A Pro mode, is the option to make your own schedule. I don't mean for the first season, but for all the seasons that follow. That would be kinda cool I think. You could also pick what city hosts the All Star game.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #53
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

i don't care for realism as much as i do game play. My wishes would :

1) The puck isn't glued to a player's stick. The best thing for FIFA was when they made the ball a live object. Makes it difficult to really possess without losing. There are very few players that can really dangle with the puck, yet in NHL10, every single player can skate with the puck, and deke around the entire opposition d.

2) puck physics... pucks bounce, and aren't easy to control.

1+2 immediately force players to have to dump the puck in many situation. today, the fact that the puck is glued to your stick makes for a game experience where dumping and chasing is a ######ed strategy.

3) I want to know which forwards AND d pairings are put out by the away team in between whistles so i can line match. (also, in the game loading phase, i want to see the line ups, as a line by line , and dpairings of the opposition, so i know more than just the starting 5 guys).

4) Puck plays under pressure. i hate it when you are right on a dman with extreme pressure on your forecheck, yet 100 out of a 100 times, the dman makes a brilliant cross ice pass off his backhand). The ability to forecheck needs to be introduced in the game.

5) Special teams. When a team is short handed, it just doesn't feel like that much of a disadvantage. It's super easy to break out by skating/passing the puck out. Heck when i'm playing, i never dump the puck out when on the PK. I just skate it out and continue trying to score.

that is all i can think of for now....
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:24 PM   #54
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

also, the ability for a goalie to play the puck behind the net would be great. the goalie skating logic is still awful. its still way too easy to get stuck on the net, and the goalie is super slow. its one of the more common occurrences in a game to see the goalie playing the puck behind the net, but its been next to impossible for about 20 years in this game.

also, they need to work on actual contact with the goalie. i know it could be tough to implement, but the goalie needs to be more realistic to deal with. and if people try to run the goalie all the time just have the game call interference all the time till they stop. you can drive the net in this game all day long as you can't run into the goalie or have any other negative consequences.

also, defenders need the option to tie players up in front of the net. i know even in real life, defenders have seen it become increasingly hard to play physical in front of the net without a penalty, but in the game, its so easy to cross crease as the defenders have very little options. stick lifting is pretty useless in those situations so all you can do is cross check and hope you don't miss as the animation lasts so long the puck is in the net before you can do anything else.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:12 PM   #55
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

FYI there is a developers chat tonight at 5PM MST about bugs you want removed for NHL 11.

http://www.easports.com/news/item/file/NHLCiTMarch
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #56
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The other thing I'd like to see if the penalty fairness. my guy sits in the slot and absolutely gets his butt kicked when he's nowhere near the puck. Cross checks galore. I go to change position and the opponent hammers me to the ice again.

A pass is on the way, I get pulled down, but there's never a penalty call.

Yet I sneeze on another player and I'm in the box.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:08 PM   #57
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
1) The puck isn't glued to a player's stick. The best thing for FIFA was when they made the ball a live object. Makes it difficult to really possess without losing. There are very few players that can really dangle with the puck, yet in NHL10, every single player can skate with the puck, and deke around the entire opposition d.

2) puck physics... pucks bounce, and aren't easy to control.

1+2 immediately force players to have to dump the puck in many situation. today, the fact that the puck is glued to your stick makes for a game experience where dumping and chasing is a ######ed strategy.

3) I want to know which forwards AND d pairings are put out by the away team in between whistles so i can line match. (also, in the game loading phase, i want to see the line ups, as a line by line , and dpairings of the opposition, so i know more than just the starting 5 guys).

4) Puck plays under pressure. i hate it when you are right on a dman with extreme pressure on your forecheck, yet 100 out of a 100 times, the dman makes a brilliant cross ice pass off his backhand). The ability to forecheck needs to be introduced in the game.

5) Special teams. When a team is short handed, it just doesn't feel like that much of a disadvantage. It's super easy to break out by skating/passing the puck out. Heck when i'm playing, i never dump the puck out when on the PK. I just skate it out and continue trying to score.

that is all i can think of for now....
1) Agreed. Every player looks like Zetterberg.
2) Yup. I hate computers dumping the puck and it bouncing around as Bouwmeester looks like an idiot trying to get it.
3) I'm fine with the forward line only. I think the AI, rarely, if ever, shifts from Line 1/Pair 1, Line 2/Pair 2 etc
4) Hard to impliment, but would be fun.
5) I agree. The AI is too keen to back up (PP) or to play the puck (PK).
Old 03-24-2010, 05:35 PM   #58
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Along with the gameplay enhancements I think its time they start implementing more presentational enhancements too. Give the player a reason to play the games in season/franchise mode. Have the commentators talk about rivalries, losing streaks, hot streaks, have the crowd boo the team off the ice in a blowout, have newspaper headlines putting pressure on certain players, etc. I'd like to see them try to implement things that really bring out the "story" that unfolds as the season goes on. Look no further than the Flames current season. There's a lot more going on than looking at the standings. It might be asking a lot, but they should at least start doing some of this stuff. The same old presentation and announcing every year gets boring.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:57 PM   #59
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igottago View Post
Along with the gameplay enhancements I think its time they start implementing more presentational enhancements too. Give the player a reason to play the games in season/franchise mode. Have the commentators talk about rivalries, losing streaks, hot streaks, have the crowd boo the team off the ice in a blowout, have newspaper headlines putting pressure on certain players, etc. I'd like to see them try to implement things that really bring out the "story" that unfolds as the season goes on. Look no further than the Flames current season. There's a lot more going on than looking at the standings. It might be asking a lot, but they should at least start doing some of this stuff. The same old presentation and announcing every year gets boring.
Didn't '06 have that? I remember titles like "GM unhappy" or stuff like that in newspapers after certain games.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #60
La Flames Fan
THE Chuck Storm

Exp:

I don't know if this was mentioned, but my biggest want:

Let the Roster Update transfer to your current Be A GM. Oh god, please.