Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2019, 10:08 AM   #341
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Managed to knock my wife up again, for the third time, this one unintentional. We're not really prepared at all for three and will need to move to a bigger place (that's a partial gear grinder) but I think we both secretly wanted a third.

So, happy for consistent easy fertility and having another kid, cause I really like being a dad. Anxious about all the changes we need to make in the next 6 months to be ready for this.

At least we got a minivan last year and not something smaller!
This must be the only way the Sabres continue to have fans.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:12 AM   #342
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Actually happy about the City Roads Dept for a change.

SB Sarcee at the new 16 Ave/N'aa Drive interchange. Speed limit has been 60 forever (Construction is complete) until about 1/2 km south of the interchange when it went back to 80. On Monday the 80 signs disappeared but they left the 60 in place. Initially that was a WMRRRRRGMG since technically the speed limit never increases to 80 until south of Bow Trail. This morning the 60 signs were gone completely and in their place were new 80 signs. So not only is the limit back up to 80 but it begins much sooner than it did before.
Doesn't quite make up for what I call shoddy planning on the interchange coming north on Sarcee.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:32 AM   #343
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
This must be the only way the Sabres continue to have fans.
That and Eichel.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:48 AM   #344
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Doesn't quite make up for what I call shoddy planning on the interchange coming north on Sarcee.
Time will tell on that one, especially once the new Trinity Hills developement opens. My biggest beef with NB Sarcee here is how early the speed limit drops to 60. But maybe that was changed yesterday too.
Lubicon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 01:03 PM   #345
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally getting a day to do some stuff around the house RMMH. Took down the Christmas Tree, fixed the garage door opener, started building my race sim rig and doing some laundry. It's a good day!
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 02:35 PM   #346
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Finally getting a day to do some stuff around the house RMMH. Took down the Christmas Tree, fixed the garage door opener, started building my race sim rig and doing some laundry. It's a good day!

I took this to mean you haven't done laundry since Christmas.
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 02:51 PM   #347
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post

ours was down a month ago... my wife likes to go shopping on boxing day so the deal is if i have to go with her then the tree comes down once we get home. it's great becuz we're usually out of the mall by 10am and i pretty much have my house back to normal by mid afternoon!

it's a win-win for both of us i guess!
Old 01-26-2019, 04:29 PM   #348
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

My rule is first weekend after New Years. We do a New Years gathering every year so it's nice to have it up for that. Any longer is bad form.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 04:53 PM   #349
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haha I usually do it just after new years at the latest but Thursday was the first day I've been at home in 2019
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 09:42 PM   #350
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

wrmmh... it was absolutely beautiful today in kelowna! clear sunny skies and about 7 above.

washed both my truck and my wife's car.

i got a good laugh thanks to my neighbour - he came by and took a pic of me washing my wife's car (wearing a hoodie and shorts) and sent it to his son who is currently visiting friends in winnipeg. i guess it's kinda cold there right now and he just wanted to have a little fun at his son's expense!

it's nice to have a black truck again

IMG_5103 by bc-chris, on Flickr
Old 01-28-2019, 09:23 AM   #351
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Finding out my wife will be induced next Friday allowing us time to actually PLAN around going to the hospital and not having to experience the "oh #### time to go" moment most parents go through. 37 weeks so a bit early, but given a few "complications" we're expecting this was the safest route per the great doctors at the Foothills.

Just went from "okay this is real" to "holy sh_t its real" in a 10 minute conversation with the home nurse on Saturday. Clock starts now, cant wait to meet our gender unknown baby in 2 weeks time
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Royle9 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2019, 09:37 AM   #352
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Time will tell on that one, especially once the new Trinity Hills developement opens. My biggest beef with NB Sarcee here is how early the speed limit drops to 60. But maybe that was changed yesterday too.
Following up on my own post from last week. The City scores 2/3 on this interchange in terms of speed limits:

Wins:
1. removed the 60km speed limit coming out of the exit ramp on SB Sarcee. The speed limit now immediately rises to 80.

2. removed the 60km speed limit on NB Sarcee and moved where the limits drops from 80 further down the hill, right to the underpass at 16 Ave almost. That makes a big difference, and will be better once drivers actually notice it has changed.

Gear Grinder:
1. NB Sarcee they dropped the limit from 60 to 50 going under 16 Ave and around the exit ramp. Probably not a bad idea but it's been 60 previously so it seems slower now once you actually get to the new speed limit area

2. they lowered the limit from 80 to 70 on EB and WB 16 Avenue from Sarcee all the way to Montgomery and actually extended the 50km limit a little further west as you approach Montgomery. So that stretch is now at a lower limit than before and it drops to 50 sooner (heading east) or delays raising the limit from 50 (heading west).

They've marked the entire area with signs indicating all the changes so it's impossible to miss.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:28 AM   #353
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
Finding out my wife will be induced next Friday allowing us time to actually PLAN around going to the hospital and not having to experience the "oh #### time to go" moment most parents go through. 37 weeks so a bit early, but given a few "complications" we're expecting this was the safest route per the great doctors at the Foothills.

Just went from "okay this is real" to "holy sh_t its real" in a 10 minute conversation with the home nurse on Saturday. Clock starts now, cant wait to meet our gender unknown baby in 2 weeks time
The best surprise of your life is waiting until the actual day of birth to find out if you have a son or daughter. Congrats!
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2019, 11:32 AM   #354
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
The best surprise of your life is waiting until the actual day of birth to find out if you have a son or daughter. Congrats!

Never understood that line of thinking myself. Both my wife and I wanted to find out the gender during ultrasounds, just makes it so much easier to plan and buy everything we needed before the due date. We also had an induced birth for our first, really hoping we get to do that again for the second because it was so easy
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2019, 11:36 AM   #355
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Never understood that line of thinking myself. Both my wife and I wanted to find out the gender during ultrasounds, just makes it so much easier to plan and buy everything we needed before the due date. We also had an induced birth for our first, really hoping we get to do that again for the second because it was so easy
I think the surprise is the same, it just happens 5 months early
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 12:19 PM   #356
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Different strokes I guess.

For us we did not want to find out early. Maybe the fact we were having twins factored into that. It was irrelevant to us as the baby room was going to be the same regardless - we didn't want to do a girl room or a boy room until they were older and actually noticed it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2019, 12:31 PM   #357
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

We liked knowing, but ultimately there isn't much to plan for just based on gender alone. The gender doesn't really matter that much after they're born for a while. That said, if you care about the wall colours in your kids' rooms, then there isn't a better time tackle painting and stuff then before the baby comes home.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:54 PM   #358
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Definitely can understand your point, and to it a LOT do find out the gender for the exact same reason.

To us, regardless of the gender we just want a happy healthy baby (as do most). But further to that, my wife loves neutral colors so it was super easy to set that all up via clothes, new paint job etc. It's really not hard to arrange, but not everyones jam.

As to why we wanted it a surprise, given today's world and the age of social media, the internet etc there's very few "real" surprises these days. Most of the time its already known and if its not it ends up getting spoiled for you on social media. So being able to actually control an unknown factor in what gender our baby will be was our choice, would I like to know ahead of time? OF COURSE it does help plan some things, but honestly its been a fun ride so far not knowing and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

It's also going to make the day in question super fun, I cant wait to find out and share with family
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Royle9 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2019, 02:36 PM   #359
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Landing safely in Toronto in a snow storm. What a horrible landing
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:18 PM   #360
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any landing you walk away from is a good landing!!

Looks like they are getting hammered pretty good.