Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #61
MickMcGeough
First Line Centre

Exp:

Best. Thread. Ever.

MickMcGeough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:47 AM   #62
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I have to say personally I have been unimpressed with Hulu Plus on the PS3. It costs money, its still ad supported and I haven't been able to get it to work very often either. Half the shows start then a few minutes later just freeze and then I have to reboot my PS3. I cancelled my plus subscription before the trial ended. If I need to watch something that bad I'll just watch it on my PC. Netflix, Pandora and VUDU are working awesome though!
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #63
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I had to creat a US psn account yesterday and then went through the slowest system update ever. Hopefully today it will be all good to go again
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:59 PM   #64
PsnaP
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

question, when does usvideo.org start charging... and how? Will they just shut off the IPs they gave me or something?
PsnaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:47 PM   #65
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It was weird mine just stopped working. The ip's were the exact same as what I put in originally once I signed up and actually paid for it. It was nice because on my ps3 netflix browser it sent me to their page saying trial expired
Old 01-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #66
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsnaP View Post
question, when does usvideo.org start charging... and how? Will they just shut off the IPs they gave me or something?
They will shut you off after your 7 day trial ends. At that time every page you go to that would go through their servers will send you to the page on usvideo that tells you your trial has ended and either to subscribe or change your router/computer settings back again.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #67
PsnaP
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Crap, I thought I had it working on my xbox but when I try and play something, it sits checking for signal quality (showing full bars) then just goes back to menu.

boo
PsnaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #68
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just wanted to say that this is working great for Netflix on my Apple TV. Now the question is how long until Shaw starts complaining about my usage - I'm on their Lite package right now which is working surprisingly well for SD video, it's a little slow to start on the HD ones.
Arsenal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #69
usvideo
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsnaP View Post
Crap, I thought I had it working on my xbox but when I try and play something, it sits checking for signal quality (showing full bars) then just goes back to menu.
Few days ago Netflix/XBox Live had major outage, but now everything should be ok.
There was a "Service Alert" hanging on XBox Live site and yesterday Neflix apologized for inconvenience and rewarded [some?] affected customers with 3% credit ($7.99x3%=24 cents, wow almost a quarter!).

BTW, NHL GameCenter subscribers may be able to enjoy local team games without annoying blackouts. There are still blackouts, but they are not local anymore ;-)
usvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to usvideo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2011, 01:18 PM   #70
usvideo
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
It was weird mine just stopped working. The ip's were the exact same as what I put in originally once I signed up and actually paid for it. It was nice because on my ps3 netflix browser it sent me to their page saying trial expired
Please open support ticket if you didn't open it yet.
There are couple common issues and they can be easily solved. In most cases, paying customers have to visit link sent in "activation instructions" email.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:21 PM   #71
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by usvideo View Post
Please open support ticket if you didn't open it yet.
There are couple common issues and they can be easily solved. In most cases, paying customers have to visit link sent in "activation instructions" email.
Is it 1 subscription required per public IP?
silentsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:26 PM   #72
usvideo
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentsim View Post
Is it 1 subscription required per public IP?
Yes, per "active" public IP.
You can use the same subscription from 2 or more IP's, but not at the same time, second activation will block first and vice-versa.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:57 PM   #73
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I may cancel this after this free trial with Netflix is over. Just have not seen a drastic enough difference between US Netflix and Canada Netflix to justify the extra $6/month.
rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:19 AM   #74
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Has anyone else had problems with the prepaid card once the free trial expired? It worked fine for me to sign up but now that it's trying to actually bill the credit card it is failing.
Arsenal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:26 PM   #75
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal14 View Post
Has anyone else had problems with the prepaid card once the free trial expired? It worked fine for me to sign up but now that it's trying to actually bill the credit card it is failing.
I'm having this problem too.
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #76
anyonebutedmonton
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I just re-confirmed the security code on the back of the card, seems to have solved the problem. I haven't been home to watch anything yet though, I will update once I have done that.
anyonebutedmonton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to anyonebutedmonton For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2011, 08:19 AM   #77
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I tried re confirming the security code with no luck. I ended up setting up the internet visa card and everything is working fine now