Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2024, 06:31 AM   #12121
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is the argument "Yes, the CPC is Dog####, now with extra racism! But the Liberals/NDP are also Dog####" supposed to be appealing to voters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2024, 07:19 AM   #12122
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Is the argument "Yes, the CPC is Dog####, now with extra racism! But the Liberals/NDP are also Dog####" supposed to be appealing to voters
Whoa dude! Liberal bias! Even the speaker is biased!

Wanna call Trudeau an extremist? Hell yeah. Wanna call PP an extremist? “OMG Liberal fear mongering at it again!”

And please don’t mention other parties, because THEY are all the same as the Liberals or they’re just like the PPC! Extremists! Only the new 1999s style eXtrEmE CPC now with BITCOIN are the choice! And that ISNT fascist!
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2024, 07:27 AM   #12123
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

You either need a coffee, or had way too many already.
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Firebot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2024, 07:32 AM   #12124
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
You either need a coffee, or had way too many already.
Define too many?
Old 05-01-2024, 07:49 AM   #12125
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

I would say 4 is when I start reconsidering my choices.
Old 05-01-2024, 08:02 AM   #12126
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Politics is like any industry. If you allow someone to operate without accountability & oversight for far too long, they tend to start becoming self serving and not serving the needs of their customers.

Liberal / NDP support is literally cratering right now. Canadians are pissed off.
I mean BC might not even elect a SINGLE Liberal in the next election.

But its the CPC that is the problem.

Perhaps Liberal / NDP supporters shouldn't have blindly supported a very corrupt government for so long and we'd have better leadership to vote for.

Great job.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 08:04 AM   #12127
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

When you’re blaming the last however many years of Liberal rule more on NDP voters than CPC voters, you’re clowning yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2024, 08:35 AM   #12128
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I would say 4 is when I start reconsidering my choices.
Sounds like we need to get 5 coffees to Firebot stat
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2024, 08:46 AM   #12129
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Global News has been hitting hard the past 2 days on an Alberta MP with major conflicts of interest and direct ties to two companies he founded / co-founded that has lobbied / received government contracts during the pandemic under dubious pretext. One of these companies is involved with multiple lawsuits and allegations of fraud.

Considering how some posters here brought up how a Conservative adviser's consulting firm lobbied for Loblaws, I would think hearing that an Alberta MP being directly involved with conflicts of interest and shady dealings, would instantly be a pitchfork incident.

Albera MP defends ties to lobbyist

Alberta MP linked to PPE company embroiled in lawsuits

Quote:
Over the next year, Global Health Imports continued to buy and sell products. In September 2022, the company secured an $8.2-million deal with the Quebec government to supply sanitary wipes.

Barry Hunt, president of the Canadian Association of PPE Manufacturers, told Global News it is “virtually impossible” for a startup medical supply company to compete against established multi-billion-dollar, multinational companies.

“The idea that a two-person startup could even be pre-qualified to bid on a government tender for the supply of disinfection wipes makes no sense to me. That’s certainly out of character for any normal procurement practice,” Hunt said.

The contract is active until May 2025. Health Canada told Global News that GHI’s licence to sell medical products expired last year, which is needed to fulfil the contract legally.
Oh dear.

Last edited by Firebot; 05-01-2024 at 08:54 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Firebot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2024, 08:55 AM   #12130
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Politics is like any industry. If you allow someone to operate without accountability & oversight for far too long, they tend to start becoming self serving and not serving the needs of their customers.

Liberal / NDP support is literally cratering right now. Canadians are pissed off.
I mean BC might not even elect a SINGLE Liberal in the next election.

But its the CPC that is the problem.

Perhaps Liberal / NDP supporters shouldn't have blindly supported a very corrupt government for so long and we'd have better leadership to vote for.

Great job.
Tell me you know nothing about the BC Liberal Party without telling me.

If anything them failing is muchmore of an indictment of right of centre politics than the Federal Libs.

Quote:
Old 05-01-2024, 09:00 AM   #12131
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

If anything them failing is muchmore of an indictment of right of centre politics than the Federal Libs.
You...do realize that he was talking about BC as a province for the federal election not expected to elect a single Liberal MP...right? Not talking about the BC Liberal Party aka BC United? This being a Canadian federal politics thread and all?

Even if focusing on the provincial government situation, you clearly haven't been paying attention to what's been happening in BC these days...

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2024/0...vatives-ahead/

Last edited by Firebot; 05-01-2024 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-01-2024, 09:03 AM   #12132
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well then I recant my previous statement!

Quote:
Old 05-01-2024, 09:06 AM   #12133
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

He's not alluding to the, now defunct, BC Liberal Party but rather the federal Liberals being shutout in BC. It isn't likely to happen but I wouldn't be surprised if they lost half of their current seats in BC.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 09:06 AM   #12134
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Tell me you know nothing…
To be fair to all involved, it was still a very safe guess.
Old 05-01-2024, 09:23 AM   #12135
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
He's not alluding to the, now defunct, BC Liberal Party but rather the federal Liberals being shutout in BC. It isn't likely to happen but I wouldn't be surprised if they lost half of their current seats in BC.
Surrey Newton (Sukh Dhaliwal) is the only district still leaning Liberal according to 338Canada. Add in 4 likely holds in Winnipeg, and Liberals are likely to only have 5 seats west of southern Ontario (Guelph / Waterloo may hold).

Not exactly a party with most Canadian interests in mind.

https://338canada.com/bc.htm

5 projected seats for the NDP, 1 for the Liberals, 1 for the Green Party and 36 for Conservatives. The NDP is falling apart as well, but their base doesn't seem to be paying attention to what Canadians currently want, losing votes not to Liberals, but to Conservatives.

The Liberals may as well just call itself the Laurentian Party at this point.

Last edited by Firebot; 05-01-2024 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-01-2024, 09:40 AM   #12136
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

I just noticed how badly the BC support for Liberals and NDP have cratered in the last update. 6% jump is insane considering this represents several new polls. BC residents really did not like the budget and the drug decriminalization debacle. CPC is nearing 50% pure majority...in BC.

What a disaster for the Liberal-NDP coalition.
Old 05-01-2024, 09:43 AM   #12137
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
I just noticed how badly the BC support for Liberals and NDP have cratered in the last update. 6% jump is insane considering this represents several new polls. BC residents really did not like the budget and the drug decriminalization debacle. CPC is nearing 50% pure majority...in BC.

Yup, and literally getting worse week per week.

The NDP support for the completely boneheaded stupid gun buyback program is another one of the reasons they are loosing support in more rural areas.

I mean its amusing to watch how pathetically out of touch both the Liberals & the NDP are, and yet people keep saying 'at least the NDP is getting what they want.'

This government is going to go down as one of the biggest disasters in many, many, many years. But the NDP is getting what they want.

Disaster of a dental plan.
Disaster of a pharmacare plan.

What else are they touching and completely ruining?
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 10:03 AM   #12138
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

The decriminalization of hard drugs in BC is a big issue right now. Yet not an issue the Liberals seem want to solve, or even debate for that matter.

Did I heard correctly that they are actually going to push it on more jurisdictions, like Toronto?
Old 05-01-2024, 10:45 AM   #12139
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Remember everyone, the CPC and their corporate cronies are the issue.

Not the years of foreign worker programs supported by the Liberal / NDP coalition.
Or the corrupt grocery sector that operates free from competition and supported by the Liberal / NDP coalition.
Or the corrupt telecom sector operating free from competition and supported by the Liberal / NDP coalition.

Its the devil BEHIND the tree that we're scared of, and not the one actually calling the shots.
Yes, and PP / CPC will tackle all of these issues when elected right?
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 10:51 AM   #12140
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Whether its the Liberal party, NDP, or Conservatives. I'm just really concerned about where we go from here? Seems like Canada has lost its way and lost a lot of ground economically the last 5 or 6 years.

Still feels like things will get worse before they get better, but I'm no politician.

I had a friend tell me when he got laid off recently he went to the bank gave them his truck keys and said the truck is yours I no longer have the means to pay for it, and walked out. That seems like right out of the 80's to me. Just crazy. Feels like the tip of the iceberg too.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote