Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2019, 07:32 PM   #2221
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

does Calgary bylaw require a back flow preventer for underground irrigation systems?

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:43 PM   #2222
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
does Calgary bylaw require a back flow preventer for underground irrigation systems?
I have no proof but I assume yes. They require the vacuum breakers on the outside taps, so I can’t see them not requiring it for underground sprinklers too.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:56 PM   #2223
psicodude
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Yes, and it needs a permit and inspection. The back flow preventer I mean, not the actual irrigation system.

Page 14:

https://www.calgary.ca/PDA/pd/Docume...bing-guide.pdf

Last edited by psicodude; 06-10-2019 at 12:58 PM.
psicodude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to psicodude For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2019, 06:34 PM   #2224
BigNumbers
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Any recommendations for someone who’s good and reasonably priced to seal both an exposed aggregate driveway, as well as paver stone patio? Looking to get that nice, wet look on both.
BigNumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 05:33 PM   #2225
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got the ryobi 40 volt battery mower on kijiji. I'll never do gas again. What a pleasure to mow by comparison. Instant on, easy on the hands
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 05:43 PM   #2226
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNumbers View Post
Any recommendations for someone who’s good and reasonably priced to seal both an exposed aggregate driveway, as well as paver stone patio? Looking to get that nice, wet look on both.
I need this as well for my stamped concrete back patio. Easy to DIY, but I'm short on time.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 06:57 PM   #2227
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
Got the ryobi 40 volt battery mower on kijiji. I'll never do gas again. What a pleasure to mow by comparison. Instant on, easy on the hands
I bought one last year, after a decade with a manual reel mower. Love the ryobi, can do a week worth of cutting (1.5 cuts) on a charge no problem.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:59 PM   #2228
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNumbers View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I need this as well for my stamped concrete back patio. Easy to DIY, but I'm short on time.
Third'd. Group buy?
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:29 PM   #2229
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Clean...dry...roll on sealer with paint roller...drink iced tea.

I’ll do it for $50 / sq ft.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:43 AM   #2230
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

2 pronged question today:

1) Want, nay, need a table saw. Really no idea what's good or bad. Only real requirement is a reliable, square fence and a stand. Doesn't need to be permanently on a stand, just able to be mounted to one. $500 enough?

2) Recommendations for a wood floor guy. Have about 60 sq/ft of hardwood at the front door that needs to be re-surfaced. I'm sure it's a good DIY job but don't want to bother with this one.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:47 PM   #2231
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post

1) Want, nay, need a table saw. Really no idea what's good or bad. Only real requirement is a reliable, square fence and a stand. Doesn't need to be permanently on a stand, just able to be mounted to one. $500 enough?
Does it need to be portable? What will you be cutting mostly?

You can get a decent job site saw for that price, but they do cut a lot of corners in the name of portability. If you don't need to be able to move it from site to site, you could pick up a decent used contractor saw with a proper fence and motor. Track saw is another option if you're mostly cutting sheet goods, but they're not that great for solid wood.

As for specifics, the Dewalt DWE7480 is on sale right now for $299 at Lowes (could also price match at Home Depot for another 10% off) and it's supposed to be a decent jobsite saw, though you'd need to build or buy a stand. Like most portable saws the fence isn't the greatest, but it can cut up to 24" wide so you can rip plywood with it.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2019, 03:14 PM   #2232
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Does it need to be portable? What will you be cutting mostly?
Ideally, yes. Right now, not a ton. Mostly cutting down trim for doorways (trim is wider than the space between door frame and wall) but I have needed one in the past for cutting down full sized sheets of plywood. Will be doing this again for a new subfloor down the road.

Just looking for flexibility. I'll be the first to admit, I haven't needed one often but the ones my friends have are beaten to hell and back and not really worth borrowing.

Tanks for the Dewalt suggestion, I'll take a look at that. Bonus points for matching my current Dewalt tools

**edit**
Just found the one at Lowe's you are talking about. That looks like that will work! It looks like you can buy a folding stand for it?

Last edited by GoinAllTheWay; 06-17-2019 at 03:24 PM.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:52 PM   #2233
gasman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

2) Recommendations for a wood floor guy. Have about 60 sq/ft of hardwood at the front door that needs to be re-surfaced. I'm sure it's a good DIY job but don't want to bother with this one.
Just had all my hardwood resurfaced by Hattons Hardwoods, nothing but great things to say about those guys. - Awesome job.
gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:57 PM   #2234
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Just had all my hardwood resurfaced by Hattons Hardwoods, nothing but great things to say about those guys. - Awesome job.

Can't comment on the work quality but they were the only one to come and actually quote. Will likely use them if we pull the trigger on resurfacing
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:17 PM   #2235
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ideally, yes. Right now, not a ton. Mostly cutting down trim for doorways (trim is wider than the space between door frame and wall) but I have needed one in the past for cutting down full sized sheets of plywood. Will be doing this again for a new subfloor down the road.

Just looking for flexibility. I'll be the first to admit, I haven't needed one often but the ones my friends have are beaten to hell and back and not really worth borrowing.

Tanks for the Dewalt suggestion, I'll take a look at that. Bonus points for matching my current Dewalt tools

**edit**
Just found the one at Lowe's you are talking about. That looks like that will work! It looks like you can buy a folding stand for it?
Yeah, you should be able to buy a stand (about $100 I think), or you can use those things on any kind of 20-25" high surface in a pinch, as long as it's stable and secured.

Just do yourself a favor and get used to using the riving knife and guard. Most people tear them off as soon as they get a saw, but they exist for a reason and modern ones are a lot better than the junk they used to put on saws.

And yeah, it's almost $500 at Home Depot, so if you want to get it for $270 you can just go there and price match, and they'll give you 10% off Lowes' price.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:35 PM   #2236
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Re: saws

Once you go track you’ll never go back.
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2019, 06:36 PM   #2237
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Cool story bro:

I nicked my finger on my table saw a couple of days ago. Pay attention, don’t get lazy.

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to surferguy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2019, 06:36 PM   #2238
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
These guys did finishing of my new install and did a great job.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:46 PM   #2239
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

I used Hatton's Hardwood exclusively for years when I did contracting. Kal is the man. It was cool seeing his name come up here.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:08 PM   #2240
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Cool story bro:

I nicked my finger on my table saw a couple of days ago. Pay attention, don’t get lazy.
I haven’t tripped the brake on my SawStop yet, but one day I will and I’ll be very happy I spent the money.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to V For This Useful Post: