Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2021, 10:58 PM   #2521
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why is AMP a thing? It’s awful.
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 08:43 AM   #2522
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

To be fair, I was quite drunk.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 09:46 AM   #2523
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I whole-heartedly encourage this trolling.
There are definitely some other posters who would fit the description better... but screw it. Customer user title for Rube please!
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2021, 12:42 PM   #2524
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Tucker Carlson Confronted by Montana Man: 'You Are The Worst Human Being' (Video)

Quote:
Tucker Carlson has been made fully aware of where he stands in the eyes of Dan Bailey from Montana. When the two unexpectedly met in a fishing store over the weekend, Bailey gave the host every piece of his mind, straight to Carlson's face.

Bailey, a fly fishing guide from the area, posted a video of his encounter with Carlson on his Instagram after the fact. The video appears to start mid-confrontation and lasts less than 30 seconds.

"Dude, you are the worst human being known to mankind," Bailey said. "I want you to know that. What you have done to this state, to the United States, to everything else in this world. I don't care that your daughter's here. What you have done to people's families, what you have done to everybody else in this world."
Quote:
Bailey explained his actions in the caption of his post saying, "It's not everyday you get to tell someone they are the worst person in the world and really mean it! What an #######! This man has killed more people with vaccine misinformation, he has supported extreme racism, he is a fascist and does more to rip this country apart than anyone that calls themselves an American."
https://ca.yahoo.com/news/tucker-car...155645148.html

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRr-e6Wj...eo_watch_again
Old 07-25-2021, 08:38 PM   #2525
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1418950878313291789
Old 07-26-2021, 05:09 PM   #2526
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1419501432491872259
Old 07-27-2021, 10:40 PM   #2527
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Someone blowing a whistle constantly, shuts down a Marjorie Taylor Greene-Matt Gaetz press conference in support of Jan. 6 rioters.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1420069248781668364

https://twitter.com/user/status/1420067547421024260
Old 07-28-2021, 09:32 AM   #2528
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Someone blowing a whistle constantly, shuts down a Marjorie Taylor Greene-Matt Gaetz press conference in support of Jan. 6 rioters.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1420069248781668364

https://twitter.com/user/status/1420067547421024260
That would be so annoying and frustrating.

I love it.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2021, 04:47 PM   #2529
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:

Horrifying, the kinds of things corporations get away with...

Old 07-28-2021, 06:49 PM   #2530
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Biden defining Buy America, Canada's going to take a body blow from it.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/worl...dian-business/

Quote:
President Joe Biden’s tougher Buy American rules, potential protectionism in his US$550-billion infrastructure package and a vow to move medical and military supply chains out of foreign countries are raising fears that Canadian companies will be squeezed out of the U.S. government procurement market.
Mr. Biden on Wednesday unveiled his long-promised tightening of the Buy American Act. Under his new rules, goods bought by the U.S. federal government – from vehicles to construction materials – will have to contain 75 per cent U.S.-made content by 2029, up from 55 per cent today.
Contractors will also have to provide more paperwork to the government to prove that they are complying with these content requirements.
“They’ve got a new sheriff in town,” the President said at a Mack Truck assembly plant in Macungie, Pa. “We want to be the ones making the innovative parts of every product.”

Quote:
Mr. Biden also promised to use the infrastructure deal, which has support from both Democrats and Republicans, to direct public money to U.S. companies building roads, rail lines and broadband networks. And he announced a plan to encourage companies to manufacture some critical goods in the United States rather than importing them.

The exact value of U.S. public procurement for Canadian companies is unclear. One 2015 estimate by the U.S. Government Accountability Office put the figure at US$15-billion annually for all levels of government, including US$674-million from the federal government specifically.
A senior Canadian government official said Ottawa is not particularly worried about Mr. Biden’s Buy American rules because they will mostly be neutralized by the World Trade Organization’s Agreement on Government Procurement. Under that deal, Canadian companies are exempted from Buy American requirements on most U.S. federal government contracts. The source said Mr. Biden’s aim appears to be primarily to punish non-allied countries, such as China, which is not a party to the agreement.
The official said the Canadian government is far more concerned that Mr. Biden or members of Congress will put U.S. content requirements into the infrastructure package. Most of that spending will be funnelled through local and state governments, which are not subject to the WTO rules. The official said Canada is lobbying the White House for exemptions to ensure Canadian companies are not hurt.

Quote:
Daniel Ujczo, an Ohio-based trade lawyer with clients on both sides of the border, said Buy American could still cause Canada pain. U.S. companies with government contracts might be discouraged from sourcing goods from Canada because of the hassle involved in doing more paperwork to meet Mr. Biden’s higher compliance requirements, he said. The rhetoric around Buy American could also have a chilling effect, in which U.S. companies decide not to deal with Canada out of fear they will somehow break the law.

“The problem will be the perception. Companies might say ‘we don’t want to go through all these requirements to deal with Canadians,’ and just use U.S. suppliers,” he said.
Canadian companies that could be affected are largely those that supply components for construction used in U.S. federal government buildings, he said: metals manufacturing, wires, transformers and hydraulics.
Mark Agnew, vice-president of policy at the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, said Canada could also be sideswiped by a White House plan to move supply chains for critical goods into the United States.

Quote:
On Wednesday, the President said he would create new incentives for the U.S. government to source these from American factories as a way to encourage companies to find domestic suppliers. Such a move is largely targeted at Beijing, which Washington fears could hobble the U.S. military or health care facilities by cutting off vital supplies.
But Mr. Agnew warned that such a policy could hurt even allied countries such as Canada.

“Our government needs to be aggressive on critical minerals, on promoting the shared defence-industrial base,” he said. “This is not targeted at Canada, but there is nothing that I saw today that indicates Canada is going to have special treatment.”
Canadian companies have been battered in previous rounds of U.S. procurement protectionism. But they have also won significant exemptions in the past: Former president Barack Obama gave Canada a pass from Buy America rules in his 2009 stimulus package, for instance.
So far, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has been unable to secure anything similar this time. Earlier this year, Mr. Biden privately told Mr. Trudeau that Buy American policies would not hurt existing trade relationships. But the President has not made any firm commitments publicly.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:55 PM   #2531
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

God, she ####ing sucks.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1420444138734977024
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2021, 09:31 PM   #2532
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's amazing that Biden's entire presidency could be sunk by a couple of f***wits from his own party. If I lived in that country I'd be absolutely furious with both Sinema and Manchin right now. I mean, how crazy is it that the fortunes of 300 million people are essentially in the hands of these two clowns. Unreal.

Last edited by direwolf; 07-28-2021 at 09:38 PM.
direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2021, 11:32 PM   #2533
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
It's amazing that Biden's entire presidency could be sunk by a couple of f***wits from his own party. If I lived in that country I'd be absolutely furious with both Sinema and Manchin right now. I mean, how crazy is it that the fortunes of 300 million people are essentially in the hands of these two clowns. Unreal.
This is on the Democratic leadership, too. There are moves they could make to reign these clowns in, but they won't because they don't actually give a ####.

Pelosi had her own doozy today.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1420494311771181057
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2021, 11:46 PM   #2534
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

that's as conservative an argument as it gets, not paying for things you don't use.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:57 PM   #2535
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
that's as conservative an argument as it gets, not paying for things you don't use.
Weird that this never applies to things such as the military, police, corporate welfare, etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2021, 12:02 AM   #2536
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Weird that this never applies to things such as the military, police, corporate welfare, etc.

Well, the argument is that everyone uses those indirectly, it's just a matter of how much. I need a fire department just in case! We don't all go to college or hae kids that go to school.

But that's quite narrow minded. Say I don't have kids but I'd still want a good public school system so I don't have to hire a bunch of morons in 20 years.

Old 07-29-2021, 12:35 AM   #2537
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well, the argument is that everyone uses those indirectly, it's just a matter of how much. I need a fire department just in case! We don't all go to college or hae kids that go to school.

But that's quite narrow minded. Say I don't have kids but I'd still want a good public school system so I don't have to hire a bunch of morons in 20 years.
I don't think we all use corporate welfare. It's just such a stupid principle to cite unless you're a full-blown libertarian who thinks we should move to pay-per-use system for everything. I mean in that case you're an idiot, but at least you're ideologically consistent. Pelosi and her ilk are intelligent, disingenuous goblins.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:35 AM   #2538
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Not quite sure if your siding with the conservatives in this statement or against.

but recall which states get more funding from the feds (i.e. the other states) then they pay.... a lot of red states make that up

American conservatives love the idea of others paying for things they use, hence, liberal states to pay for things they don't use.
Mull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:02 AM   #2539
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mull View Post
Not quite sure if your siding with the conservatives in this statement or against.

but recall which states get more funding from the feds (i.e. the other states) then they pay.... a lot of red states make that up

American conservatives love the idea of others paying for things they use, hence, liberal states to pay for things they don't use.
Sure it's all hypocritical. But It's the general perception that conservatives support less government in our day to day lives, the individual and progessives want more equalization. That is very simplistic I know but for the Democratic house leader to make the argument that it would be unfair for people not going to college to pay for people who do is pretty crazy. That what taxes do.

The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2021, 11:01 AM   #2540
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Just burn America down (All politicians and government officials (not the workers)). What a bunch of clowns.

So broken.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote