Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2023, 11:32 PM   #201
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
Anyone opposed to a Duehr - Ruzicka - Klapka 4th line?
Ruzicka might have the most talent but probably the slowest of the group.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 11:36 PM   #202
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Buddy Robinson is still available
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 11:40 PM   #203
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
Anyone opposed to a Duehr - Ruzicka - Klapka 4th line?
I'm opposed to it, because it means that one of Pelletier/Coronato is not playing.

Right now I project the 4th line as Pelletier - Ruzicka/Jones - Duehr
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 11:41 PM   #204
Ring of Fire
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Much better game. Some observations:

Forwards
87 Bell
Looked more comfortable. Long strides helped him cover the ice with speed. A couple hard shots toward the net. Threw some solid hits and played with energy. Drove to the net with speed.
86 Kerins (A)
More jump in his step tonight. Nice pass to set up Coronato’s pp goal. Won some draws. Looked more confident and effective.
39 Coronato
Carried the puck, quick hands, simple plays in neutral zone to create space. Quick one time release. Fired a one timer from the slot to score on the power play. Showed some confidence circling the o-zone and driving the net. Hard on the forecheck and backcheck.
42 Honzek
Good hands and ability to get the puck off the boards. Strong possession player on the boards and down low. Effective work in the cycle game.
73 Lipinski
Some shots on net. Played physical and got to the dirty areas.
43 Klapka
A couple shots and scoring chances. A few hits. Created havoc with reach and length. Good screen on Coronato’s pp goal. Some nice stickhandling and puck protection in the corner. Drew a penalty on the rush in OT. Deflected the GWG on the pp.
74 Ciona
Went to the dirty areas. Finished checks. In the middle of scrums. In on the rush, forecheck, in the middle of everything. Consistent shift to shift. Starting to remind me a bit of Lance Bouma.
92 Pilling
Good skater for his size. Covered the ice well.
65 Stromgren
Threw some hits. Forechecked. Played with speed.
51 Tulk
Played with some energy.
77 Nikolaev
Great quick wrister top glove from the off wing for the first goal after poking loose a puck to start the odd man rush. Another nice finish off a pass from behind the net. Much improved from game one.
93 Duarte
Simple straight line North-South game up the RW boards. Great pass from behind the net to Nikolaev. Played physical and with speed
37 Kuznetzov
Smooth skating and simple game. Physical and moved the puck. Looked confident. Got a shot on net.
59 Morin
Quick, decisive puck movement especially on the PP. nice skating footwork. Calm and poised. Nice deception with head fakes and shoulder fakes. His quick wrister was tipped in on the pp for the GWG.
96 Gourley
Looked more comfortable on his natural side.
44 Diotte
Jumped into the play. Some good simple plays. A bad turnover on a forced pass.
94 Mantei
Quick and mobile skater. Good puck movement on the powerplay. Set up some goals with his puck movement in the o-zone.
45 McCoy
Quick, mobile, and scrappy. Bad turnover in the slot. Had a rush chance and just missed the net.

81 Murphy
Big, poised. Good stops on the penalty kill late.
40 Kykkanen
DNP
Ring of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 11:46 PM   #205
Chonger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Anyone still think either Coronato or Sharangovich will pot 30 beside the Unproven duo of Huberdeau/Lindholm?

Gotta be high for those hopes!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Chonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 12:06 AM   #206
Lumby Lager
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej_23 View Post
E=NG in section 108,

Kids had it up in warm up but bounced to see the flames with the other go flames go sign for a bit.
It was great to have you and the boys in our section tonight!

It was even better meeting all of you and have a fantastic time on Monday at the game, who needs to go to school every day in September anyway.
Lumby Lager is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lumby Lager For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2023, 12:31 AM   #207
sekimet
Farm Team Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/NHLFlames/status...90463841608071

liked this interview and he had a great night.
sekimet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 12:33 AM   #208
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chonger View Post
Anyone still think either Coronato or Sharangovich will pot 30 beside the Unproven duo of Huberdeau/Lindholm?

I absolutely think Sharangovich can hit 30 playing with Huby.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2023, 12:34 AM   #209
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

I think it is safe to conclude that Connor Murphy is already the best Connor to ever have played for an Alberta team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2023, 02:02 AM   #210
nieuwy-89
First Line Centre

Exp:

Fun game to be at. Our first Flames win in 2 years!

I thought Coronato was the best player in the game. He was noticeable on every shift. Created a lot and has a great quick shot. Nikolaev, Klapka, and Kutnetzov also had good games.

Too many Oilers fans there tonight. We need more Flames fans to come out to this event! Calgary’s closer, it makes no sense that we are outnumbered!

I got into it a bit with an Oilers fan who decided to give all the Flames fans, including several small children, two middle fingers when the Flames went up 3-2. He was an older guy, I told him to keep it classy, it’s a prospects exhibition game. He didn’t say a peep after that, even when the oilers tied it. lol what a fan base.
nieuwy-89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nieuwy-89 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2023, 05:51 AM   #211
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m really pulling for Mantei and McCoy to get contracts down the road- be it from us or some other organization. I thought both looked a little immature at the July camp, and they still do, but Mantei was the one putting his best foot forward tonight, especially on the PP. He ran the point well, and kept the puck alive on more than a few occasions, and showed some skill and speed.

McCoy however, needs a lot of work.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 06:03 AM   #212
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I absolutely think Sharangovich can hit 30 playing with Huby.
Well, Kramer “can” build levels in his apartment, but the bet was “will’ he?
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2023, 06:26 AM   #213
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nieuwy-89 View Post

I thought Coronato was the best player in the game. He was noticeable on every shift. Created a lot and has a great quick shot. Nikolaev, Klapka, and Kutnetzov also had good games.

Too many Oilers fans there tonight. We need more Flames fans to come out to this event! Calgary’s closer, it makes no sense that we are outnumbered!

I got into it a bit with an Oilers fan who decided to give all the Flames fans, including several small children, two middle fingers when the Flames went up 3-2. He was an older guy, I told him to keep it classy, it’s a prospects exhibition game. He didn’t say a peep after that, even when the oilers tied it. lol what a fan base.
Playoff success creates fans. After 2004 there seemed to be a noticeable bump in the number of Flames fans. But the Oilers probably have this generation locked up much like for kids who grew up in the 80’s they were disproportionately Oilers fans.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 07:19 AM   #214
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I agree with your picks for the Flames, although I thought Klapka was the best and most consistent Flame by a good margin. Nikolaev was opportunistic which is something you don't say about a Flames player very often. Coronato was in the mix a lot which is what we should expect for a player challenging for a roster spot. On the other side of the ice I thought Bourgault and Petrov were standouts for the Oilers and Bourgault being the most dangerous player on the ice all game.

This was more of a game but neither team was very good. Both teams struggled to make and take passes and generate many quality scoring opportunities. In typical Oiler fashion the PP was their bread and butter where what skill they had could use the extra space to their advantage. The Flames size advantage allowed them to have a territorial edge which just didn't materialize into scoring opportunities. There was a definite lack of talent on the ice for both teams, which you would expect for two of the lower rated development organizations in the league. Any game where the Flames beat the Oilers is fun though.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2023, 07:37 AM   #215
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chonger View Post

My opinion of Sharangovich has been totally changed by this tournament. He’s been completely invisible and that is a huge problem.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2023, 09:00 AM   #216
mennoknight
Scoring Winger

Exp:

First Duarte builds the Laconian Empire....now this?!?!?
Old 09-17-2023, 09:15 AM   #217
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Could really tell how badly Coronato wanted the puck late in the game, finding ope \n areas, driving play.
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FormerPresJamesTaylor For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2023, 09:20 AM   #218
reddude
Draft Pick

Quote:

I agree on Coranato just looked like he was a threat every shift another guy I think we are going to like, and I could see being a fan favorite is Ciona big tough in the middle of everything and has really improved.
Klapka could be that first call up player this season with his size and speed good energy kind of player
reddude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reddude For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2023, 09:51 AM   #219
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Enjoyed the physicality shown, especially by the forward group. Some of it is probably pent-up over the summer, some to get noticed, and some as general style. A harbinger of good things.

Last edited by Reggie Dunlop; 09-17-2023 at 10:00 AM.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2023, 10:08 AM   #220
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Feels like I haven't heard Honzek's name all night
Honzek has not stood out.
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags