Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-25-2019, 11:34 AM   #41
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
We bought this one for our old house before we moved, we liked it.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/whi...ar-/1001087428

Had plenty of space, in the few years we had it we had no issues with it.
I have the same fridge. I figure it is about 9 years old now, the previous owners of the house bought it only one or two years before selling the house to us. Two years ago I had to replace the starter on the fridge. I called a local shop to ask about getting them to look at it and a house call was $125. I decided to do some googling and I wound up replacing the starter myself. It only cost me $95 to order the part off of Amazon. The shop was going to sell the part to me for $115.

I would have paid $125 for them to come diagnose the fridge, then $115 for the part and another $125 for them to install it... I saved big money thanks to Google, Youtube and Amazon.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:06 PM   #42
The Familia
First Line Centre

Exp:

I just moved into a new place (house is 5 years old) and it came with Electrolux fridge and 6 burner gas stove/oven). I really like the Electrolux fridge so far. Water and ice dispenser, double door fridge on top, pull out freezer on bottom.
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
The Familia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:51 PM   #43
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
I have the same fridge. I figure it is about 9 years old now, the previous owners of the house bought it only one or two years before selling the house to us. Two years ago I had to replace the starter on the fridge. I called a local shop to ask about getting them to look at it and a house call was $125. I decided to do some googling and I wound up replacing the starter myself. It only cost me $95 to order the part off of Amazon. The shop was going to sell the part to me for $115.

I would have paid $125 for them to come diagnose the fridge, then $115 for the part and another $125 for them to install it... I saved big money thanks to Google, Youtube and Amazon.
so, I ended up with the same one.
we should get team jackets or something
Old 06-29-2019, 07:41 AM   #44
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any input on stoves?

We need to replace our current one (15 y/o crappy Whirlpool), and I am wondering which brands to look at / avoid.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 07:44 AM   #45
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Any input on stoves?

We need to replace our current one (15 y/o crappy Whirlpool), and I am wondering which brands to look at / avoid.
According to my wife it doesn’t matter, as long as the brand matches the fridge
Old 06-30-2019, 10:02 PM   #46
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
According to my wife it doesn’t matter, as long as the brand matches the fridge

I have never found that matching appliance brands is the best way to get optimum service from each appliance. I don't have one matching appliance in my kitchen.
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2019, 10:07 PM   #47
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

As long as they match in colour... if matching appliances is your desired decor.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:01 AM   #48
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Any input on stoves?

I cant speak to brands but I have a double oven, absolutely love it, roast potatoes at 425 in the upper oven while the beef is cooking at 325 in the lower
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:57 AM   #49
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redforever View Post
I have never found that matching appliance brands is the best way to get optimum service from each appliance. I don't have one matching appliance in my kitchen.
I totally agree with you and disagree with my wife
Old 06-11-2020, 10:44 PM   #50
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone on here work at Trail or Coast Appliances? Looking to get a new stove and fridge in the next couple of weeks.
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 09:38 AM   #51
Titan
First Line Centre

Exp:

don't buy a samsung fridge!
Their washer and dryer have been ok but the water line on the dryer went (for the steam feature funny guys)
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 11:04 AM   #52
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
don't buy a samsung fridge!
Their washer and dryer have been ok but the water line on the dryer went (for the steam feature funny guys)
We won't buy Samsung anything for appliances. When we were fridge shopping in Dec, we already knew that Samsung fridges were crap, but every salesman at every store we looked at, warned us against them, & all of Samsung's other appliances. I have yet to talk with anyone we know that has a single good thing to say about any Samsung appliance. I believe there's actually a class action lawsuit, regarding the fridges?

We bought at Home Depot, an LG fridge, bottom freezer drawer, this linked one, as far as I can tell. We were in a hurry, so the 1 mistake I made was not paying attention to whether or not it had split shelving that was adjustable (it didn't). We've adjusted, had to move certain things to the door, which isn't really a big deal.

I checked all over, went to that Bowest place & even their scratch & dent stuff was way more expensive than everywhere else. We hit a good sale time, at all the big box stores, but we ended up paying reg price on the fridge & it was still cheaper than Bowest & most everywhere else, and they could get it to us right away, which was great because our other fridge was completely dead - we paid a few bucks extra & the delivery company took the old one away & it was one less thing to worry about.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote