Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-25-2022, 07:39 PM   #201
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can anyone tell me what the initial, post "conditionally approved" interview entails and what, if anything, I need to bring?

I check twice a week for openings in Calgary/Edmonton/Sweetgrass but they still haven't opened up. I have the chance to do another border crossing next week but want to know if I need to bring anything other than my passport and would love to know approx how long it takes.
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 09:46 AM   #202
calgaryred
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDuke View Post
Can anyone tell me what the initial, post "conditionally approved" interview entails and what, if anything, I need to bring?

I check twice a week for openings in Calgary/Edmonton/Sweetgrass but they still haven't opened up. I have the chance to do another border crossing next week but want to know if I need to bring anything other than my passport and would love to know approx how long it takes.
From my experience I'm in BC I got an interview at Blaine, Washington they had the most openings got one within a week or two, but this is months before covid. You arrive announce to the person at the counter you've arrived they check you have an appointment, then you sit with a big group in an open room, they have magazines and TV to watch. I brought everything just in case I needed it passports, drivers license, birth certificates. They call you up and take your picture, and then not long after you go for the interview. Where I was it looked like a bank, you stand in line until what looks like a teller at bank is free. You go up.for me there was an officer that was from the USA on the left and one from Canada on the right. They ask questions about my work where I live why I wanted a Nexus card, they gave me a flyer of the dos and don't with a nexus card. The interview lasted maybe 7 or 8 minutes. By the time I got to the entrance door to leave I got an email on my phone saying I was approved. Within two weeks I got my nexus card from Washington DC.

Last edited by calgaryred; 06-26-2022 at 09:53 AM.
calgaryred is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgaryred For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2022, 08:37 PM   #203
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Update:
I booked an appointment at an out of province border crossing, with only 48 hours notice.
The appointment took ~10 minutes and I had the approval email 15 minutes after I left (before I even crossed back into Canada) and expect to receive my card in the mail this week. I know it's not practical for many people but worked well for me, thankfully.
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2022, 01:12 PM   #204
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Some Nexus appointments for July just opened up in Blaine, Washington for anyone that is, or will be in the Vancouver area...

Fair bit of availability in Nov/Dec as well.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 09:53 AM   #205
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Nexus appointments are available in Sweetgrass, Montana in January and February 2023.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post: