Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 03:34 PM   #221
Flashpoint
Not the 1 millionth post winnar

Exp:

If the skinjob Cylons are copies of humans, is there the possibility that the original human version is still alive and walking around out there thinking they are a Cylon?

Food for thought.

Oilers give up a pick and a player to take on 5.5 mil."
-Bax
Flashpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:17 PM   #222
Cowperson
CP Pontiff

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeper View Post
That's a blonde alright. Just not Tricia Helfer.
It is fixed. . . . .

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/n...14ac2e&k=65805

Cowperson
Old 11-09-2006, 08:20 AM   #223
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think some part of Baltar, or something he developed/discovered is what teh cylons use for their "projection". So, in a sense, they will come to realize that Baltar is their God.
Probably not quite that literally, but it wouldn't surprise me to see one of the 2 sides (Cylons or Baltar) come to this realization. Didn't the 6 in his brain already announced she was an angel?
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:32 AM   #224
Hakan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Didn't like this episode so much. They're playing with some serious themes in a hokey kind of way. I would have liked a more drawn out virus story and moral dilemma on the ship before they decide on genocide. Instead it was tackled in about 20 minutes which made it seem rushed and hokey.

Also, Baltar's story is becoming less interesting to me as well. That's made up for the fact that Tricia Helfer is a sexy demon.

Also, Helo is corny as hell. I wish that love story turns into something ugly soon otherwise it's just a huge weight on the series. I just hope less screentime is devoted to him. Terribly wooden acting and completely unconvincing. Yuck.

6/10

It really didn't build off the momentum from last episode.
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:10 PM   #225
Wookie
Chick Magnet

Exp:

Tai has had a nice one week break, same with Starbuck, although she made a minor appearance in a fighter.

I thought the whole virus thing was interesting, although yeah they did whip through it pretty quickly. I also would have like to have seen Sharon realize the dilemma Adama went through before they decided to do it. I liked their relationship.

Helo does kind of bore me.

The Baltar Cylon segment bores and interests me at times. Sometimes what they do with it is good other times I think about fast forwarding it.
Wookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:20 PM   #226
Hakan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I fast forwarded it this week during the whole idiotic torture sequence.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:14 PM   #227
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Also, Helo is corny as hell. I wish that love story turns into something ugly soon otherwise it's just a huge weight on the series. I just hope less screentime is devoted to him. Terribly wooden acting and completely unconvincing. Yuck.
you should see his role in the new Need For Speed: Carbon game. makes his BSG acting appear oscar worthy
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:48 AM   #228
Cowperson
CP Pontiff

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookie View Post

Helo does kind of bore me.
I remember back to season one when Doral, Six and Sharon are standing on a building, waiting for Helo to go either north (safety) or south (peril) . . . . Helo finally turns back to "rescue" Sharon and she remarks to her Cylon friends: "I knew he would. He's a good man. He always does the right thing."

That in turn goes back to the mini-series where we were supposed to see the end of him after he had given up his seat to save Baltar on the last spaceship out of Caprica . . . . standing in a golden glow as he's left behind. Ron Moore, producer of the new Battlestar, said he knew as soon as he saw that sequence that a "hero" was born and that he would try to include him in season one . . . . and that storyline kept growing.

"Doing the right thing" was in character for Helo in the genocide situation as well.

But what is the probability that Adama isn't interested in knowing whether or not his XO or his pet Cylon betrayed him at a decisive moment?

They've got to finish that question off at some point.

Agreed about the Baltar torture sequence . . . . jeez, have Xena whipping him on the back or something.

As to how long it took to decide on genocide . . . . well, 10 billion or more deaths later with the remaining 41,000 being chased across the galaxy to the only place they could probably call home . . . . that might actually be a pretty easy call in their shoes.

The genocide debate, by the way, looks like it is lifted directly out of "Pandora's Star" and the sequel "Judas Unchained," the latter currently on bookshelves, two Sci-Fi books by Peter Hamilton, about 1800 pages of reading and an epic. The protagonists are also faced with a pure way to genocide their pursuers, the latter intent on genocide themselves, and the debate that results.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Judas-Unchai.../dp/1405000368

Cowperson
Old 11-13-2006, 10:58 AM   #229
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think the president has been unduly influenced by becoming closer to Tom Zerek, last year she never would have made the decision to use biological warfare. She's turning into a bit of a Stalin since she returned to power.

Frankly she would have exposed the tribunal to an investigation and jailed them all when she first became president. I find it interesting that the person that I least expected to lose her humanity is the one thats slipping, while Old Man Adama has managed to hold onto his.

Lee Adama has become a bit of a jerk, I can see the renewal of the conflict with his father because the old man wasn't that urgent in taking it all the way.

I'm hoping that they don't reach earth too soon, I'm also hoping that they don't whip out the flying motorcycles and disco vernacular when they get there.

The torture scene was so poorly done in my mind because after three years of seeing some pretty questionable things on this shoe, they soft shoed the torture scene by cleaning out Baltars ears.

Xena - "Talk Baltar"

Baltar - "I can't hear you"

She jams the device into his ear and there's a whirring sound

Baltar - "Yes, thats better now what do you want to know"
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:01 AM   #230
Hakan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The whole baltar on the ship story is very poorly done.

They are ruining the mythos of the Cylons. The Cylons just seem like a bunch of jabronis on a cheaply constructed set on a sound stage. Outside of the hybrids, what exactly has this cylon story done to make the series better?
Old 11-18-2006, 01:53 PM   #231
Wookie
Chick Magnet

Exp:

Hmmm..

Most recent episode was interesting. Not to exciting, but interesting I guess.

What's up with that Cylon and thinking something big is coming?

Hehe, Baltar getting the Cylon Sandwich is pretty cool

Think Bulldog was a one show anomaly?

Is Tai back?
Wookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:28 PM   #232
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookie View Post
Hmmm..

Most recent episode was interesting. Not to exciting, but interesting I guess.

What's up with that Cylon and thinking something big is coming?

Hehe, Baltar getting the Cylon Sandwich is pretty cool

Think Bulldog was a one show anomaly?

Is Tai back?
Bulldog will be in and out when needed - a Tom Zarek type of character.
Tigh is back - his whole speach to Bulldog was his revelation. Although, if he is the same "blood & guts" Tigh then it will leave me wondering if he really did learn anything. It was interesting that Kara went straight to him.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:28 PM   #233
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'm ignoring everything else in this thread...

I just started the 2nd season, I loved the first. I told Cowperson I would check this out long and and I'm finally getting around to it.. awesome show.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:07 AM   #234
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

They are ruining the mythos of the Cylons. The Cylons just seem like a bunch of jabronis on a cheaply constructed set on a sound stage. Outside of the hybrids, what exactly has this cylon story done to make the series better?
It's funny 'cause it's true.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:21 PM   #235
Flame On
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

The creative team didn't want a whole cheesy stark star trek esque interior. So they stripped it down and explained it away with the Cylon projecting.
It's not like we've seen much of it either.
The cylons revealing themselves and their motives was/is inevitable anyway.
Insulted Other Member(s)
Don't insult other members; even if they are Canuck fans.
Flame On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:07 AM   #236
Cowperson
CP Pontiff

Exp:

So . . . . Cylons have nightmares?

Obviously they're building a story line with Dana D'Biers having death dreams . . . . not sure where its going though.

And how's Hera doing these days?

I thought it was a good episode and Michael Hogan was terrific again. He plays a burned out reprobate real good. . . . nice, tender moment at the end with him going to Adama to talk. . . . . although, what is the likelihood that an alcoholic Tigh could turn an energized Bulldog into a pretzel in fair fight?

I'm waiting for the next technological advance on Cylon ships to be Lava Lamps . . . . . Seriously though, I didn't have much problem with the overall theme of the Cylon ips but didn't like the lame torture devices at all. That was right out of the first season of Star Trek "Dagger Of The Mind" Picture Baltar writhing as Kirk did.

Cowperson
Old 11-21-2006, 01:05 PM   #237
Flashpoint
Not the 1 millionth post winnar

Exp:

Battlestar will be moving to Sunday nights starting in late January 2007. Not sure if the Canadian broadcaster is going to do the same thing, or if it is even in sync.

Apparently, ratings are down about 25% this season, and Dr Who isn’t a good lead in.

I wonder how much of this is related to the breakup of the Stargate – Battlestar triumvirate, where it was SG1, Atlantas, then BSG. I am not a huge Stargate fan, but I would usually watch (or at least TIVO) all three shows. Now they are paring it with “Dresden” a new crime show I believe.

http://www.mediagab.com/story.asp?id=2251

Oilers give up a pick and a player to take on 5.5 mil."
-Bax
Flashpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 12:03 AM   #238
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Just finished season two. What a damn good show, can't beleive it took me this long to get into it.

It seems like Season Three is on episode 8 or so.. but I can't find the torrents for the episode 1-4 of season 3 so I'm not going to go ahead and get those ones yet. Loved the season two cliffhanger.. damn that Baltar is one crafty SOB.

It was neat seeing Al join the cast at the end of season 2, I was half expecting Scott Bakula to Quantum Leap onto Galactica.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 08:28 AM   #239
Cowperson
CP Pontiff

Exp:

For the female fans of the show, Jamie Bamber was named number one in People's "Sexiest Men on the Internet" feature and got a two page spread in this week's magazine . . . . . the famous "oops, Xena tricked me into dropping my towel" scene from season two . . . .

http://people.aol.com/people/gallery...559564,00.html

I always thought it strange that the very British Bamber has to talk with an American accent on Galactica while his real-life wife - Doc Cottle's assistant who saved Adama - talks with her normal Brit accent and Lucy Lawless is allowed to retain her New Zealand accent.

EDIT: An Entertainment Weekly interview with Galactica producers:

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1560707_3_0_,00.html

Cowperson
Old 11-24-2006, 09:09 AM   #240
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I always thought it strange that the very British Bamber has to talk with an American accent on Galactica while his real-life wife - Doc Cottle's assistant who saved Adama - talks with her normal Brit accent and Lucy Lawless is allowed to retain her New Zealand accent.
I don't think the audience would buy Lee as the Admiral's son if one had a British accent and one had an American accent.

I was amazed the first time I heard Bamber speaking with his normal accent, though -- I had no idea he was a Brit! He really pulls off the American accent perfectly.
MarchHare is online now   Reply With Quote