Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-22-2010, 10:07 AM   #41
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
Bastilla did have the Exer Kun type lightsaber.
Nice

In KOTOR I always had her fighting in her underwear. In the second one I always had the white haired chick fighting in her underwear.

Chicks have to earn their armor.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:22 AM   #42
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Nice

In KOTOR I always had her fighting in her underwear. In the second one I always had the white haired chick fighting in her underwear.

Chicks have to earn their armor.
Hahah, awesome.

Confession? When I saw the trailer for TPM I just assumed that Darth Maul was rocking Exer's lightsaber.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:37 AM   #43
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Nah, that was Malek before his jaw fell off.

In KOTOR he confessed that in a confrontation with Bastilla that he lost half his face. We saw the scarring there so I'm assuming that this was the fight just before Bastilla snatched Reven and Malek betrayed his master.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:43 AM   #44
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

I meant when I saw Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace trailer. Not the Hope trailer for this game.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:50 PM   #45
PowerPlayoffs06
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Nah, that was Malek before his jaw fell off.

In KOTOR he confessed that in a confrontation with Bastilla that he lost half his face. We saw the scarring there so I'm assuming that this was the fight just before Bastilla snatched Reven and Malek betrayed his master.
The Sith is Darth Malgus and the female Jedi Consular is most likely Satele Shan, who's a direct descendant of Bastila. They're both on the SW:TOR website under the Biographies section. Star Wars: The Old Republic takes places 300 years after KOTOR.
PowerPlayoffs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:03 PM   #46
narbeZ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPlayoffs06 View Post
The Sith is Darth Malgus and the female Jedi Consular is most likely Satele Shan, who's a direct descendant of Bastila. They're both on the SW:TOR website under the Biographies section. Star Wars: The Old Republic takes places 300 years after KOTOR.
^this man speaks the truth, I was just about to correct.
narbeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:04 PM   #47
narbeZ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

its Exar Kun btw guys. My favorite sith ever.

narbeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:04 PM   #48
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPlayoffs06 View Post
That's disappointing. the main Sith does look like Malek, the chick looks too much like Bastila. And the other Sith that they showed had the Revan mask.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2010, 06:57 PM   #49
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
That's disappointing. the main Sith does look like Malek, the chick looks too much like Bastila. And the other Sith that they showed had the Revan mask.
why is it disappointing? you killed Malak in the original KOTOR, what sense would it make to have him in this?
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:40 PM   #50
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Because he looks like a rip off of Malak

Besides we all know that the best Sith of all time was Darth Plagueis. The man who created Darth Sideous and had such great quotes as

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you." — Darth Plagueis

"You must begin by gaining power over yourself; then another; then a group, an order, a world, a species, a group of species… finally, the galaxy itself." ―Darth Plagueis

Old 06-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #51
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

The Old Republic Timeline

some great short narrated clips explaining the timeline of TOR in reverse, the first entry starts where TOR picks up and works backward. the latest entry deals with Malak and Revan, explaining how they relate to current events. they assume Revan was male and returned to the light side of the force, but what happened to him after KOTOR is still unknown so it's a pretty good bet there'll be some mention of him in TOR

one thing is for sure, BioWare has already fleshed out their universe more than most MMORPG's do in their entire lifespan, and TOR is still a year from release. being able to step into the game and already know the history of the last few hundred years will be a huge advantage to most RPG's
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2010, 11:21 PM   #52
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by narbeZ View Post
its Exar Kun btw guys. My favorite sith ever.

Whatever. It's been forever since I lived and breathed Star Wars EU. All I know is that he sure had an influence on Kyp Durron when he attended the new Jedi Academy.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:16 AM   #53
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

This thread is making me want to grab KOTOR on Steam. Should I do it, or is it just too old?

Last edited by SebC; 06-23-2010 at 12:22 AM.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:35 AM   #54
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Man are you guys nerds.

SebC, KOTOR is still one of the top 3 best RPG's of all time, I highly doubt it is dated, maybe graphically, but who cares.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:54 AM   #55
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
This thread is making me want to grab KOTOR on Steam. Should I do it, or is it just too old?
i actually just did this, though i got the "free" online version instead of Steam (if you want to run a modern widescreen resolution like 1680x1050, it's the better option as the hack that lets you use it ingame has issues with the Steam version)

it's definitely dated graphically, but since it's older you can run it with full AA and antisoptric filtering which makes it look not that bad. the voice acting and story still hold up better than most games out today also, so it's definitely worth playing
Old 06-23-2010, 09:58 AM   #56
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Whatever. It's been forever since I lived and breathed Star Wars EU. All I know is that he sure had an influence on Kyp Durron when he attended the new Jedi Academy.
That Jedi Knight Academy Trilogy was just not good. And the way that they killed Exar Kun was really lame. Combine that with the whole problem with Star Wars books where every villian has a super weapon that has to out do the Death Star.

Pfft the Death Star might destroy planets, but now we have the sun crusher and it destroys solar systems, not only that but it has invulnerable armor.

Or better yet, you don't need to actually enter a system with a death star when you have the Galaxy gun that can shoot Hyperspace bullets across the universe.

Between that and the creation of animals that can create bubbles in the force. That Jedi Powers went from being able to go really fast, see the future and move objects to being able to pull Star Destroyers out of the sky, and in fact throw whole fleets halfway across the galaxy.

Bahhhh

With the exception of the first Thrawn Trilogy and some of the prequel and KOTOR era books, the star wars eu is just really bad and stupid.

Enough already its time to kill Luke.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2010, 10:04 AM   #57
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't mind the Han Solo trilogy by AC Crispin. Except the backstory they have for Boba Fett is now out of date thanks to AotC.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:20 AM   #58
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
I didn't mind the Han Solo trilogy by AC Crispin. Except the backstory they have for Boba Fett is now out of date thanks to AotC.
The worst for the whole Boba Fett/Mandalorian stuff is Karen Traviss, who has quit writing star wars books.

In the whole Lecacy of the Force book series, any of the ones written by her made the Madalorains into indestructable super heroes who would one on one kick the crap out of any Jedi Knight.

I get that people were pissed that Boba Fett went out like a clown in return of the Jedi. but they've raised him to mythic proportions in the EU where you can just shake your head at his apparent superiority.

I guess he must have drank too much Blue Mile in Jedi to allow himself to be cornholed by a blind guy and an inexperienced Jedi Kight.

As an add on the Dark Lord Trilogy Labyrinth of Evil, Revenge of the Sith and Dark Lord the rise of Darth Vader, three books that cover the immediate before, during and after Revenge of the Sith was probably the best series of books in the EU and really expanded on Skywalkers turn to Vader and how he gained his power.

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 06-23-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:27 AM   #59
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven't read a Star Wars book in probably 6 or 7 years. Not since the end of the New Jedi Order.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #60
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Read the Darth Bane Trilogy.....that is all
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote